Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

HI ladies

I am glad I said I would reserve judgment, as the packs I have had today have been really nice. Perhaps yesterday it was just 1st day jitters and nerves and my rebellious child saying, "hrumpf. These packs aren;t any good. LL was better. You should stop." lol

I have really enjoyed todays - I made a vanilla latte that is very nice so now I know I can split a pack and have 2-3 white coffees every day. Phew! And the Chili Soup is slightly different from LL but every bit as good - it was one of my favourites so it is good - and what I like better is it is even spicier chili. yum yum. For later tonight I am going to try a porridge or another shake with ice.

So feeling much happier.

I have not heard of clim and save. I have tried exante and their packs are very nice - but I need to accountability of seeing someone weekly to weigh me in and chat. CD does not have counseling per se, though I think SOME of them do spend some time chatting more in depth with you other then "heres your packs, off you go" - so we will see. My lady seems very nice.

So, feelling slighlty positive at the moment. Still fighting pangs that come out pf the blue but they go away just as quickly as they appear. Why can't I manage to let it work that way when I am depressed or sad or whatever - I HATE being an emotional eater. <sigh>

ANyway - onward and downward - one more pack then its only 197 days! :D lol

Hi BL,

Good to hear you are managing to make this work. You should be in ketosis soon and that ought to give you a mood burst .

Its all going good Mel, I think I am just on the edge of ketosis. Aside from a nagging headached the second and third day it has been pretty easy.

Certainly loads and loads and LOADS of acrivity with my Chatterbox!!! THis is going to take some will for awhile I think. But despite all the little tests my chatterbox has been throwing at me I have got through it so far.

I dont know if I mentioned it but hubby is in California for a month working on our land. So having a chilled day - tidied up this morning and then went and did some fun shopping for the house - new cushions for th elounge, new things for in the kitched, A new pillow for my dressing table chair , all sorts of fun stuff. It has lifted my spirits. As shopping always does.

After a year of financial penance, I am now able to spend some money again so its guilt free :D And I also got 2 nice summery tops and one dress in a size smaller for something to look forward too.

So all in all, feeling pretty good today.

:)

Hope you are all having a nice weekend too. :)

xx

What s fab post, BL. I am so glad to read it.

My good friend (I refer to her as CFF - Cheese Fiend Friend) just started Lighter Life Total this morning. I am going to try and be as supportive as possible for her. The programme has changed s lot since I did it. They now have various joining periods. She San start the diet now and join a group in two weeks. There are lots of new products too. It is more expensive than ever.

I could not join with her as my BMI is 27. I could do Lighter Life Light - but I think I can take the 1.5 to 2 stones off with Slim and Save for a lot less money. (if I hadn't broken my wrist ice skating on Friday the 13th I'd be using the price difference for skates and lessons!). That will have to wait. LOL

I am glad that you hand recovered from the financial problems caused by your therapy fix. I totally understood how you were using food and shopping to "medicate" it is not uncommon.

I do not recall you're mentioning your OH being in Cali. I am sure he will be pleased with your progress.

Your poor hand Mel!!! Ouch!

Yes, I could see the changes just starting at LL when I was last doing packs which was just before december. I hope it works for people - sometimes change is good, but then, if its not broke, dont fix it. And I wouldnot have considered it broke.

I just cant afford it. Well, we could, but as I said, I feel its unfair because while we could do it, things have to tighten up some. So I am happy with the CD choice. I will miss seeinf my LLC - she is such an amazing lady, I will miss her. But my CDC seems really sweet too. Seems a good match.

This worked out perfect starting CD when my hubby went overseas - there is only me here - so there is NOTHING to tempt me. No cookingfor him yet. Just such a nice way to get stuck in. And maybe by the time he gets home I wil have lost almost a stone.

I had such a good heart to heart with my outlaws last night, about my depression, and how food is an addiction - and I was just glad it was not an addiction to alcohol - small blessings - but it was good to talk. They are so lovely and so supportive. I just adore them.

I have nt been brave enough yet to put a ticker back on. I might do soon. I don't trust being too positive, which is a bummer. But every time I started to fell more positive in the past couple of years, I ended up slipping backwards ....so I am a bit tentatvie. BUt I sure hope I can get ALL the way through this time. I really do.

Hope you keep having good result with S&S. I should think you will lose that weight no problem. :)

THanks Mel. :)

xx

Hi BL

As I have started using mg phone for my minis visit more often than not - I couldn't see your ticker anyway. I have my "next size" jeans hanging on the back of my bedroom door and under those hang my "goal jeans". I also gave my original start and after 12 week Lighter Life photos inside my kitchen cabinet. And the lemon is on the fridge to remind me.

Have you ever read Beck's Diet book? It is very good and the Lighter Life programme I'd based on the work her father and she have done in CBT. you could use her book and workbook while on this journey and I think it would really help.

Thanks for the sympathy re: the wrist. It is a good life lesson for me. I am 50 and it is the first bone I've ever broken. 'Bout time I learned I'm not indestructible. LOL

Awh! BL it's great to see you back on Mini's! I followed your journey previously and you did amazingly well and I am sure you'll do it again. Your are doing brilliantly and I totally relate to how hard it is just getting back into ketosis on any of these vlcd plans. I look forward to following your journey and giving support wherever I can. Alas I have been there done, tried again fell off, kept falling off got back on and fell off again! But I'm here again! Life's journey is a bumpy one, and I know for some that journey is bumpier than for others and I know that awful feeling addiction to food only too well as I am also an emotional eater. Maybe one day we will be able to say we were emotional eaters? We can but keep trying. x

Mel, can't believe you broke your wrist! Do hope it mends well hon!

Well today marks the end of week one. Phew. I am looking forward to my weigh in tonight to see how it’s gone. I have no nerves or stress about it because I have been 100% so whatever it is will be as good as it could be – I just want to see the numbers reversing again.

With every ache I have in my feet and knees, I smile and say, today is the last time they will feel that bad.....I can’t wait to start feeling better physically. It has astounded me how this recent gain has practically ground me to a halt. I have not put on anywhere near what I lost, so in theory, my joints shouldn’t hurt like they do as they carried this and heaps more for 20 years! Just shows me how much damage I must have done to them over the years carrying all that weight, if this lesser amount is causing me such pain and limitation. It doesn’t help that in the course of all of this I have developed a couple of different types of arthritis – but sheesh – I feel ancient. I expect a zimmer to be delivered any day now!! LOL

But now, everyday takes me further and further away from that need. Thank god.

I can also say after now trying one each of every single pack, I am finding I quite like them. There is not one that I completely dislike – none that I hate – many I really like, and some that I love – so how could I go wrong. There will always be something to appeal! I must admit they have a much better selection of shakes then LL. You truly are spoilt for choice. But then LL had more soups and savoury meals. So it’s a trade off.

Anyway – I wish I was saying this marks the end of the first MONTH, not week – but its a start, and a good one!!!

Got to ROCK this diet!!!! Got to!!! There is no room for failure this time – it’s the last chance saloon!!!

BL you could always order done savory meals from Slim and Save. They are made in the same factory as the LL products. A lot of people source their packs from various places and just adjust their CD orders or have a few extras on hand.

I am currently using up my overstock CD from when I was on it before and waiting on a Slim and Save order.

If I have not shifted this weight by the time my friend gets to a BMI below 30 and can go on Lighter Life Lite then I will join her on that.

But I am seriously hoping to be at goal and maintaining by that time.

Post your good news re the weigh in!!!

Hi Mel,

5 pounds gone tonight. :) It doesn;t sound like much after my first weeks on LL, but, saying that I forgot I actually started a day late, so tomorrows my 7th day which would have been my weigh in, and I also had my initial weigh in on 17 April but did not start the diet for 1 week and 1 day later, and I know some damage could have been done there - so next week will likely be as good. :) Happy with this! I really like my counselor, and it is so convenient to just pop in and have a 20-25 minute chat, weigh and shop - and then home by 6. I enjoyed my groups in LL so much but was finding the nights late for me - (wimp! lol) so this is actually better at this time.

I think its a good match - and I feel great about how its going. Yay :)

xx

That is fabulous. Five pounds is good. As you know once you've done a VLCD the weight does not always come off as fast with subsequent efforts. I glad you have a good CWPC.

Yay to the Big K!!!

lol Too right!! Today is the first day I am going to have my first pack at 6pm when I get home - than that leaves me 2 for the evening - That is how I liked doing it on LL. I tend to be hungriest and bored in the evenings. So, that will be the true test - if I make it till then without making a shake.

I love it though because now, as long as I KEEP MY HEAD IN THE GAME (and that is ME I am shouting at, not you ;)) Then it's so easy from here on out - just a downward journey back to myself. Feels like I have been thrown a life-saver. I can't believe what a hold food had on my these past 6 months or so - stepping back now, I really was a prisoner of it all. SO glad thats over.

After today I am off until next WEdnesday!! SO need the break - even though just had a holiday with my gals from California, work is SO stressful at the moment, and it is constant presure - I just feel totally knackered! ROLL ON 5PM!!! ROLL ON 11 Stone! :D

x

Hi BL,

Does it not slow your metabolism by waiting until so late to have your first pack? And don't you have four a day (you're pretty tall)?

Are you going to update your stats? I did mine.

I don't know? I never thought about it, but it didn;t seem to have any ill effects on LL. That is how I did my diet for nearly 75% of the time and everhting seemed OK?

No, she has me on 3 a day. I am 5'7".

I am not brave enough to update my stats yet. It is too upsetting to me, so I am going to stay in denial a little bit longer. Course when I put a ticker on it will all come clear anyway.!! Maybe one day I will.

Have good night! :)

You, too. If you can manage on 3 a day it is that much fewer calories.

I'm glad you are found so well.

Yay to the BIG K!!! You DH is gonna be surprised.

He will, he will be proud of me. This has been ideal, starting CD while he is away - its just made it a pleasure realy - no stress, I feel better for it already. I am realy pleased andI do feel positive, and I haven't felt positive about anything for such a long time. I really hope I have turned a corner - afraid to believe I have. That usually when I let myself down. When you greive for so long - begining to let go of all the sad feelings, and the sadness....or at least trying to - it almost feels wrong to start feeling good again. I want to believe that I will.

Physically, I already feel better. Not long ago I finally gained that one last pound that suddenly made it hard on your skeleton. My knees were hurting, my feet still hurt, everything felt an effort. Particularly stairs - between my feet and knees they were pretty tough, especially coming down. Already that has improved on all counts. Knees and feet - already feeling some relief.

I treated myself today and bought 3 lovely bracelet sets from NEXT - they are lovely. And a pair of grey tights with little pink rosebuds here and there. I am going to wrap them all up and give them to my hubby to give me at every stone lost. that will be my rewards. I might get some lesser stuff for hlf stone. But it felt good to buy something pretty. I have started a nice little collection of new items to go down through the diet in.....it is exciting to have a few things to look forward to.

This feels so much more right then any of my false starts. In the words of Chuck Berry - I feel good. :)

x

Back