Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

Those little gifts are a great idea. I might borrow it

I think for every "target" I reach I'll treat myself to a spa day or something along those lines.

My rewards jst arrived! You should do it Mel - everything that turned up is lovely - as nice as it looked online so vary pleased. OInly problem is I want them now they are so pretty!!! :D

2 bracelet sets, a pair of thick grey tights with little rosebuds and a black and rust colored tunic. THats 4 stone/4 months reward - should see me to the end!! What fun! I did not do thisthe fisrt time, so this will be exciting to work towards having these little gems! :)

Awesome. I did give myself rewards when I was working on taking off the weight in 2011. Ingot Tone up sandals, etc. I feel a little guilty every time I wear them since I regained most of what I lost.
However I do think I will do the same. I have said that I won't get an iPad until I get to goal. I have been wanting one for ages. So maybe that'll do it.

My friend lost 12.5 pounds get first week on LL! She is sooooo motivated now.

Well, I have come up with a way for me to bide the time till I get to goal - it will be enjoyable, productive and something I have been wanting to do for a long time.

I am pulling out my 32 Levi's, which I am aiming to wear again, and I am going to start embroidering them. I used to LOVE to embroider, being a child of the 60s, it was the law hehe, and it has been YEARS since I have done a project. So, I thought there is soething I can work on and enjoy the benefits double when I get back in to them - not only will I be delightfully slim, but i will have a unique pair of Jeans that are me all over them. :D

Just pulled uot my gran's tin of threads and what nots - to see what I had and what kind of shopping list I might be looking at am I am so pleased, there are LOADS of good decent threads, and considering how old they are, I am chuffed to bits!! Got loads of great colours to start with, I may need a larger hoop, but aside from that I am good to go! I am really excited about this.

I usually am impulsive and can get impatient and when I think of something I want to make, I want it made.,,,NOW. I will be forced to take my time as there is no way I will wear these Levis for at leat 4 months I reckon. So if I actually see the time as my friend I can turn out something pretty special I think.

Today, I felt for the first time, or I should say fel the strongest feelings so far that I will reach goal - that the time is right finally. I still don't trust enough yet to say it without hesitance, but I am getting there.

:)

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. :)

Mel, about your friend, that is a crackin start!!! I bet she is motivated! Well done her. Does she come on Minimins?

I hope you are enjoying your Bank Holiday. :)

xxx

Happy Days - thats another 7 pounds gone this week. Now we're talkin!!! :D

That is 12 pounds in 2 weeks - I am over the moon with this result. With one more week to go, I will have lost a stone while my husband has been away. Yay!

I started embroidering my jeans today.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of moms passing, I still want to pick up the phone to call her. But I know now she is where she is meant to be - with my dad.

I am never coming off these anti depressants. lol

Anyway, back to work tomorrow - short week - anohter weekend - then hubbys home! :)

Night all..

xxx

I LOVE the idea of you embroidering those jeans in preparation of wearing them at goal. And using your grans threads - awesome.

Have you though about incorporating things lthat are representative of the people you love who have moved on? For example my grab and I had an on-going hold about a kangaroo. My dear cousin played "horse" for my little sister and called her "jockey Julie".

What a great start!!!

You cracked me up when you wrote that you're never going off the anti depressants.

My friend is very pleased. No, she has heard me talk about minis and is interested in some things I've told her but I think it is not her thing.

I have digested she read through some of the diaries and posts. She usually just asks me to find her answers. LOL

Happy Saturday

The sun is shining - even though I prefer rain - it's nice to see for variety.

Another very busy hectic week -so glad the weekend is here.

The forum seems really quiet these days - I hope everyone is alright. I must admit I have just been holing up here on my Diary and not going out and about much.....I think its all I can manage at the moment...but I hope everyone is good.

Not long now and I am heading over to SB's for a cup of coffee.....it will be so lovely to catch up with her.....its been ages!!! Absolutely ages. It will do my soul good. :)

My hubby comes home on Tuesday - it will be great to have him back. I am starting to miss him. :D It has been so great not having anyone here in the house needing feeding or watering.....lol I am a little shaky now knowing in a few days the house will be full of food and smells of food and things needing cooking - this has been wonderful not having to deal with that. I will be fine, but its just a new challenge - but one I have had before. This has just been so nice thouhg. lol

Well, enjoy your weekends!! While its sunny. This might be Summer after all. :D

xx

Happy Sunny Sunday!!!

Tell SB that MM said, "Hello."

You can do this (the food and DH back) getting started is the hardest part. And you are well on your way.

Well, I had my weigh in a day early because hubby gets home this afernoon - so I can come straight home after my hospital appointment and see him. yay!!

Good news - 3 weeks in a one stone down!!! Whoop whooop!! Down another 2 pounds, making it 1 stone on the nose!

I am very happy with that. :)

No stopping me now!! :)

That is awesome -- what a loss. You go! I lost a pound last week... it is a start, I guess.

Thanks BL. It got me under 160 - I hope I can stay there.

Happy (?) Monday lol

I would trather do anything other than go to work today. Even the dentist sounds better. lol

It was a nice weekend though - and starting immediately after work on Friday I got stuck in and did some yard work - and found my energy has already improved some. SO feeling inspired I did some more on Saturday too, so hopeing the few hours I put in will be a good calorie burn.

Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in!!!

It is feeling pretty good to be back in control again. :)

xx

Hi BL-

You could track your fitness on MFP (My Fitness Pal) and gardening gets credit!!!

Glad to read your "in the zone" - I will be back for your weigh in good news!!!

Well hoorah hoorah! Another 3 pounds lost and forgotten! I am hoping to start feeling a difference in clothing soon - that is when it gets reallly exciting! Shouldn't be long now I think, I am a 1.25 stone down. Maybe another couple of weeks.

I am wondering and hoping not, that my "diet hopping" when I tried to do this restart 2 or 3 times and failed, I am hoping that will not have messed up my metabolism too much that it vcauses delays?

Anyway - happy girl! :)

Hi BL,

Well hoorah hoorah! Another 3 pounds lost and forgotten! I am hoping to start feeling a difference in clothing soon - that is when it gets reallly exciting! Shouldn't be long now I think, I am a 1.25 stone down. Maybe another couple of weeks.

WOW! That is a fab loss.

I am wondering and hoping not, that my "diet hopping" when I tried to do this restart 2 or 3 times and failed, I am hoping that will not have messed up my metabolism too much that it vcauses delays?

Having done a VLCD in the past and being "of a certain age" your metabolism will be (on the average) about 15% slower than it was before the VLCD. And, of course, as you lose weight your body needs fewer calories to maintain the new lower weight.

However, green tea and other things can help boost your metabolic rate. Exercise is very important, too. I just bought Jillian Michael's book on fixing your metabolism -- it was co-written with an endocrinologist.

I have a very low BMR (basic metabolic rate): I am just under 5'4", small framed, 50 years old, and have done a VLCD. I am drinking green tea, and adding in fitness -- plus because I am at a bmi of about 28, I am alternate day VLCDing (sort of a JUDD thing). I am trying to VLCD by the book one day and then do a sort of 810 day the next (three packs and high protein with some low carb veg) the next. This is hopefully get me into ketosis and stay there, but with the higher calories on some days "keep my body guessing" and so my BMR does not drop even further.

Anyway - happy girl! :)

YAY!!!!

Well, it was nother good - albeit VERY bisy week - and pleased to say I have lost another 3 pounds, making it a skosh off 1.5 stones in just 5 weeks! So very happy with that - feeling good, confident and that wonderful realisation that this time it is going to work - I am going to get to the end - that I have my mojo well and truly back.

100% in this to win this. :)

Hope it's been a good week all around. :)

xx

That's great news. It's good to hear you sounding so positive. It's good to be back in control. I want to be where you are! I've had some awful times recently with carbs and am now trying to get back into ketosis and get back on track... Fingers crossed am nearly there and then am hoping for some of your serenity and positivity!

Good to hear, BL. Whoop to 1.5 stone off and being in the zone.

Here goes nothing......

Hello Diary. :D

Well I finally made it to the top of the NHS waiting list for counseling and had my first appointment last week. I am so happy with the choice of the counselor. It is always the luck of the draw who you are going to get - but I knew within moments I liked her - I just felt completely at ease - like we already knew each other. She is form Eastern Europe and has the prettiest softes accent that is so calming.

She confimred I am still having issues from Post Traumatic Stress - perhaps some I did not resolve after moms death, or some that have just reared their heads again. And then she explained to me in such a wonderful way that made 100% sence about how trauma can get messed up in one's head, becoming an illness Just hearing it so clearly made so much sense that this alone already gave me some relief!

THere is a specific treatment for PTSD which she is trained in so that is a bonus. And she is going to help me with a variety of things - my compulsive behaviour - if I am not shopping, I am eating, and visa versa - and also issues that I believe stem from being adopted - despite having the most beautiful parents one could ever dream of - there are still some imprinted affects I believe that you don't -or at least I didn't - recognise until living a lot of life. lol Life's lessons are pretty strong stuff - their not for sissy's.

I am on holiday for 2 weeks now, and already feel so relaxed and happy to be off - as if the world just rolled off my shuolders.

And I have to say I have been loving all the Jubilee activity!! I just loved the River Pageant yesterday - loved it!!! I could use my imagination and go back centuries and see some of the boats on the Thames with ancestoral kinds and queens - was magic!! We don't have anything like that do we Mel?

If anyone does Pageantry with aplomb, it's the Brits. :)

Well I hope everyone out there is having a nice weekend.

I think I can sense -dare I say - some underlying feelings of contentment surfacing. I think I am truly making my way out the other side.

:)

xx

Back