Blood Pressure

pticouk

Help!!

I've just gone and got my 8 week blood pressure reading and first it was 111/74 pulse 106 she was concerned about my pulse so waited a couple of minutes and did it again the second reading was 92/68 pulse 92 and she was now concerned about my low blood pressure and high pulse.

I didn't have my first reading done as there wasn't a pharmacist available the few times I went.

I've booked a nurses appointment this afternoon to get it done again.

Could it be so low because I haven't had any of the packs today? I'm now worried incase they take me off LL, I really don't want that at all. My blood pressure has always been at the low end of the scale and it's never bothered me. I walked up to the chemist so will try to get a lift to the doctors so that will hopefully keep my pulse down. Can anyone tell me what is meant to be a 'normal' blood pressure and pulse reading.

Our regular LLC is away and we've got a locum tonight so don't want to talk about it with her, depending on what happens at the doctors would it be best to phone the LL medical line and if so does anyone have their number!!

Thanks

Helen

Hi

was your bp done at a chemist? I only ask because I had mine done at one a couple of months ago and for the first time in my life I had high bp - but when I went to my doctors my bp was around it's usual which falls in the normal. I don't think the machines are as good at the chemists, the one they did me with was only a small portable one.

Re your pulse - can't help with that other than to say they might not have read it properly.

Hope you got better readings when you went to see the nurse.

Thanks, yep it was at the chemist and the one done at the nurse was fine, BP low but low end of normal and pulse perfect!!

H

Back