Blown it Again

curlygirl

I am really struggling to keep at this. I have dumped the class cause our consultant was finishing and didn't kow whether they would carry on as no-one goes anymore. I was fed up of paying £4.50 to step on the scales and nothing else.

I really want to do it but I keep slipping. I need to plan more and we are trying to keep to a tight budget so I find it difficult thinking of cheap and easy meals that I can have (especially on RED).

I feel bigger than when I started and I will fill my face, feel my pants getting tighter and then feel guilty and depressed! I am so fed up! I never used to have a problem losing weight but I just can't seem to do it this time!:cry:

:hug99: Right young Lady - deep breath!
Firstly, I agree not going to a class is harder to stick to than going, however it is possible.
I have started this week after numerous diet failures, but the main thing is, I am back and ready to try again. So can you. Just put the past behind you and face forward.
You can do this plan on a budget, as I am. Bulk buy instead of small portions and I would suggest reading some of the other ladies threads on here as to meal suggestions.
Coming on here helps too and if you are feeling low there is always someone that you can turn to and ask for advice.

Don't beat yourself up over the past. Good luck and you CAN do it!!:vibes::character00115:

x

:hug99:Hunni DO NOT worry- Just draw a line underneath all the bad things and more importantly the bad feelings/thoughts you have...
I agree it is so hard too stick to plan and be 100% on track without a class, but if u arent getting anything out of your class other than a weigh in, i do agree it is a complete waste of time and money to contuine going to tht one... Do you have another class you could possible attend near you? If not i find it easier to stick to plan when i have a few days planned out or meals... Keep coming on 'minimins' even if yr not on any plan at all just so u have somewhere to share your thoughts

I know how **** you can feel when the target seems to be slipping away from you, i had excatly the same thing not too long ago?

Do you have anything you can aim for as a date, like i have my brothers wedding, which im bridesmaid at...

I cant help you with red days as im a good old vegi- but on green days just stock up on loads of cheapo dried pasta- i think the one i buy is 200g for 27p- (last of the big spenders) then i make sure i have a few packets of batchelors pasta n sauce in stock for my fave reciepe "quorn pasta bake" Its lovely and sooo filling- Potatos (always) quick jacket or syn free chips- Baked beans (9p per tin) Jars of cheap passata sauce, just had herbs, mushrooms,onions for a quick sauce over your pasta- and then packets of quorn mince...

Thanks Mrs V. I know you are right, I think it is just the mood that I am in. You know when you really really really want to do something but then sometimes you think s*d it!

I am going to try harder. I could do with writing out what I am going to eat for the week and then making a shopping list!

Hey CurlyGirl

Please don't give up, or feel guilty if you have had a bit of a slip, we have all been there before....I have just started SW again, and I am not going to go to a class....I am going to do it alone, and by coming on here, to get all the invaluable advice from the guys here.....I find that with the password etc for the site, you can find the syns of anything and it makes it a lot easier....as for the price etc...I find it really much cheaper for food being on SW, because things are made from the basics....esp on a green day...I do know what you mean re. red days...I do think that they are more expensive! But green can be done really REALLY cheaply....I hope that you do decide to draw a line, and start again,and be on here with us!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Hi curlygirl, sorry you are feeling bad at the moment. Everyone hits a bad point with diets at some time and we are all here for support whenever it is needed. Tesco always have some fruit or veg at half price. I also go to Quality save who have some good bargains like I got very low fat super noodle pots 39p each and they are around 80p in the bigger stores. I also get tesco strawberry yogurts the value ones they are 8p each and I think they taste nice. Also i find that if you buy frozen meat rather than fresh it is a lot cheaper. I really hope you can stick at it and we are all here for you if you need us.:hug99:

Don't forget you can use Slimming World online to motivate yourself, plan menus, etc so you don't have to do it all alone. The password is posted weekly, and you can do this cheaply. As the others have suggested, smart price food from Asda, the own brands for the store are just as good.

Good luck mate ;)

Thank you all for your support. I think I am going to try and do it again tomorrow. I find the green days alot easier and alot cheaper but I think if I did just green days with the odd red one then I won't lose. have you ever had all green (CJTJ - i know you do cause you're veggy) do you find that you still lose?

I came home from work today and noticed that the seam had split on my trouser leg!!!! That must have been what the strange noise was when I sat on the loo!!!;)

If I don't start tomorrow then I will defo start Monday after I have done a shop. Haven't been shopping for a couple of weeks so that has made it hard too, just been eating what we already had in!

x

Thank you all for your support. I think I am going to try and do it again tomorrow. I find the green days alot easier and alot cheaper but I think if I did just green days with the odd red one then I won't lose. have you ever had all green (CJTJ - i know you do cause you're veggy) do you find that you still lose?

I came home from work today and noticed that the seam had split on my trouser leg!!!! That must have been what the strange noise was when I sat on the loo!!!;)

If I don't start tomorrow then I will defo start Monday after I have done a shop. Haven't been shopping for a couple of weeks so that has made it hard too, just been eating what we already had in!

x

Yeah i've lost a total of 3stone just on green days- good luck hunni, let us know how u get on...

:hug99::hug99:

Keep smiling

Do not give up girl. Jump straight back on the horse as they say.

hiya curlygirl,hope you are feeling better about things by now hun? have you tried doing the students meal plan on the sw site? its really cheap to do and all the meals are planned out for you so you dont even have to think about what to have :)

i know a few people that are on a budget have followed this plan and have had great results from it :rolleyes: chin up sweetie :hug99:

Back