Blown it :(

Kel1512

Well I have just blown a good week. My brother came over and it was really nice as I haven't seen him for months. Anyway we had a spontaneous bbq and I have 2 white rolls, shop coleslaw, cheese even a magnum :( totally blown it

Back on it tomorrow I guess

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Youve only totally blown it if you don't get straight back on plan. You e for to have a life after all and these blips happen from time to time. Draw a line and move on, no point beating yourself up over it :)

Definitely get straight back on plan - keep focused and you can still have a good week. Trust me, I did much the same earlier in the year and still came in with a loss at weigh in.

The worst thing you can do is think "stuff it" and slip off-plan. Count it as a 'flexible syns' day and move on....you can do it!!!

I agree 100% with what Catherine says - you've only blown it if you let this slip turn into a slide. Best thing to do is decide RIGHT NOW to get back on track - rather than wait till tomorrow. So no more treats today! And, if I were you, I'd just eat as normal until weigh in - using your syns etc. - otherwise you might feel deprived. Good luck! And remember if you do gain, it's only one week - you'll lose it again the next, no problem :)

1 meal out of 21 won't blow it, get straight back on the wagon and you'll be fine :)

Yep, my old consultant always used to say to people (that had a 'bad' week and gained) that 1 meal is very unlikely to blow the whole week. You only have to start worrying about things when you fall off the wagon and have a bad week.Chine up, I'm sure if you get back on plan, you'll be fine :)

Thanks everyone :) I liked the tough love thread. Yep straight back on if tomorrow and hope at WI on Sunday morning I haven't done too much damage. Although I have to be honest I do feel sort of like a satisfied naughty girl haha.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Our consultant compares this to a bunch of roses. If one rose wilted and died would you throw the whole lot out even though they were fine. Of course you wouldn't.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Wegle said:
Our consultant compares this to a bunch of roses. If one rose wilted and died would you throw the whole lot out even though they were fine. Of course you wouldn't.

Tomorrow is a new day.

That's an excellent way to look at it

Im having a "flexible syn" day i just had full fat mayo cheese and onion walkers still under my syns but i am going out toight for the first time since i had my baby and she is now 14 months old!!! so vodka and diet coke here i come...............! but tomorrow i will be back on it and focused, weds is my weigh in so im hoping i will have until then to recover from my flexible syn day! although i would love a snickers at this moment !!!

Found this thread when looking for someone else who had had a blip! Couple of nights ago I also had a friend over and we also had a spontaneous bbq! Even with the spontaneity I had decided I'd use syns for a couple of drinks, not have any bread etc. And then the wine was opened.... lol. I had almost a bottle of wine, a gin, a load of bread and then at the end of the night I ate an Easter egg! Argh! I have a few days until next weigh in so I'm trying to have lots of 'speed' foods and not many syns but I think I might have buggered up the weight loss this week! To be honest I think it was worth it because we had a great night and I do think you need to occasionally have a bit of fun. If only there was a way to do that and still lose weight! ;-)

ah you wont of blown it! i did the same the other day, we had been so busy all day and the sun was lovely and we had an unplanned bbq but as someone else pointed out 1 meal wont hurt you can get back on track dont worry! besides we all have moments like this its getting right back on track that matters! xx

Back