BL's Reinvention of the Reinvented

BL! you're amazing! Your new thread has prompted me to come out of hiding. I've lurked on and off on Minimins for what seems like months! Even though I've done CD in the past (twice successfully) I always read the LL posts and especially yours. You write so well and from the heart. I appreciate that and all those who are brave enough to share such personal thoughts with everyone.

After so many failed attempts over past few months I will try again from tomorrow to re-start CD and take inspiration from you. One day at a time and my goal is to complete one week.

well done!!!!
daisy x

BL! you're amazing! Your new thread has prompted me to come out of hiding. I've lurked on and off on Minimins for what seems like months! Even though I've done CD in the past (twice successfully) I always read the LL posts and especially yours. You write so well and from the heart. I appreciate that and all those who are brave enough to share such personal thoughts with everyone.

After so many failed attempts over past few months I will try again from tomorrow to re-start CD and take inspiration from you. One day at a time and my goal is to complete one week.

Hi Kira,

What wonderful comments from you - thank you so much. If I can help anyone in any way, big or small, it makes me happy.

I am one of those people who wears everything on my shoulder, so it is very easy for me to unload thoughts and feelings here. SOmetimes I think, "oops - maybe too much info!!" lol - but its good therapy for me. Getting stuff off my chest and out of my head clears the way for more positive things to replace the void. :D
One day at a time is the only way - just get it in your head that you are committed, and then jump in and give it your all. Head space is soooo important in a diet like this I feel. Well, any diet - but particularly a VLCD.

Wishing you al the luck and success - go for it girl!!! Live the dream!!!!!!!! :)

xx

WOW hun,
Well done you. Fab first 2weeks.You'll be back to the slender you in no time.
Sorry not to see you this week, hopefully next week.I was looking forward to meeting Muffin. I need to go to keep focused for Christmas. Such a busy time for me at the moment. i can feel myself slipping down in my list of priorities............dangerous!
I have a Christmas party night to go to at The Grand on Saturday,
I seem to remember I chose carefully and can always pass my extras to M! xxx

Thanks SB. It is going so well, I am loving it. Its good to be back in my healthy head space.

Thugh today will be a sad and difficult day, but I feel absolutely in control and there is not a chance anything would pass my lips now that isn't supposed to.

Today, the sale on my moms home is final. That is it. Childhood home - lost. We did sell it, but at a loss. My dad would be bpth devestated andheartbroken, in equal measure to know thehome he built has been lost. I don't let myself think about it too long, its so hard to think i will never be in that home again.

It also now means my unstable brother is on the streets, homeless while my older brother does nothing to help him. He has made life intolerable for him. So no home, no friends, no family. He has bought himself a 30 day Train pass and is justriding the train around the country so he has a place to say warm and dry. WHat a sad life.

Hey ho - We do what we can to help him but from such a great distance and our limited resources its difficult. I worry so much abuot him.

That's life, innit?

BUT - that said - nothing is going to rain on my parade!!

We have our works xmas doo in a week or two and I will just push food around my plate, pawn it off on my neighbours and get through it hopefully without any notice that I am not eating or drinking.

At least I won't be hungover at my desk the next morning!!! :D

It is such a busy time - I do notknow where the hours are going - but thats good - cause I feel like I am flying through this first month of LL - and that is so exciting - I just get closer and closer everyday to returning to my new old self! :D

Will I see you this Monday? Be great, and i will be bringing Muffin!!! The new love of my life!! :D

XXXXXXX

fab well done BL x

nice one! x

Thank you ladies - I am chuffed to bits to finally feel in control of SOMETHING. lol That has been few and far between this year.

Got into a pair of trousers today I couldnt do a few weeks ago - gotta just love the speed of this diet. I am SO in it to win it!! :D

Daisy - if you can find away to go back to LL, I really reccomend it- odd as it sounds, it makes all the difference, at least for me. From day one, I was committed whereas from day 1 on Exante I was looking for ways to tweak and cheat, ya know? Having the support - the weekly wiegh in, etc. - well, that is the key for me.

Thank you all!!

xxx

Well done, you are doing amazingly well! Keep going, and that weight will be gone in no time! :)

Well done BL!! :):) You are truly inspirational ;)

Not been on here for months. Just had to read your Post BL and it's lovely to see you in a better place. Given the year you've had, you did have to go through the hurt and pain after your mum passing to get to where you are now. I'm so happy for you. May the healing continue.

Have a great Christmas with your lovely hubby.....:eek:

Morticia.

wow! amazing :)

Thanks Daisy!!

This is as exciting as it was the first time, despite the amount I have now to lose is just a fraction of the 10-stone that lay ahead of me in 2008 - I am getting as much satisfaction and excitement of slipping back into the clothes I bought, and so pleased I only had to buy a couple of pairs of trousers and a couple of jumpers in a larger size before I got out of control. Only thing is - now it seems it was a waste of money - as I will probably only wear them one time - but I didn't know at the time I was going to regain control so early in the game - fear of old habits still lurk in the depth of the mind - and I should have known I would not let it get out of control to catastrophic levels :) but still, just happy to be getting back in my clothes.

I have no qualms about abstaining through Christmas - best gift we can give ourselves afterall is good health.

Joints are trying to feel better - the freezing weather doesn't help, but I can feel a difference, which is a huge relief.

Despite what a horrible year it has been, for some reason, I feel better than I have in years. I am ready to say goodbye to 2010 - absolutely ready - and feel excitement in my blood for what lies ahead.

Well, that is enough rambling I 'spose. For one morning. :)

xxx

Another hurdle crossed.........Christmas without Mom.

Well, I made it. Christmas has come and gone, the first without my mother.

We kept it quiet and low key - me, my DH and my out-laws. It was peaceful, relaxing and I thouht a lot about mom throughout the day - but I felt good - I was not alone.

My sad brother caused us some stress at the last moment. He was in Florida, and just days from being out of money and homeless. We managed at the last minute to find a way to get cash transfered to him....and that was a huge relief. He spent the day going nowhere on a train. He is such a worry.

A few days before Christmas, I changed my mind and decided I would allow myself a few choices to nibble on on Christmas day and Boxing day. Hi protein, no carb stuff. I stayed on packs all day on xmas, then had a virtually carb free slice of low to no fat cake while they had xmas pudding.

Then Boxing day I had dinnner which was cold meats, and green salaed. And again, a peice of cake.

Boxing Day night, on my own, I went a little nuts with some truffles :p:D- but by 7am the next morning I was back in full swing in abstinance. I stayed in ketosis, as never felt hunger or headache afterwards, and the scales today show a loss for the week - but cant count on the amount as I have never synched my scales with LLs scales. But happy with my decision, and it was no prob hopping right back to where I left off.

My darling husband has been an absolute legend these past few weeks. Out of the blue - after living 4 or 5 years with an unfinished bathroom (you will notice in all my photos unfinished tile/grout, plywood side to the tub, etc.) Well he had a few days off and he broke his back working at finishing the bathroom - he completed the tiling, tiled the floor, painted the ceiling, made an airing cupboard wiht a little counter below, big enough for a few candles - and that partition wall he made a big glass brick (4x3 bricks) window so you can see the candles when you are reclined in the tub. He is going to put low lights under the cupboard and a slow mo clolour changer....so you can have different shades of colour while you soak!!

For my CHirstmas present, he told me a few weeks ago he did not want to give me something that I would have forever, because it would always be associated wiht the "first" christmas. So h has lavished me with beautiful spa products - too many lovely bottles of lotions and potions to even begin to tell what all was there - they are gorgeous, and more posh then anything I would treat myself too.

They are from Rituals - I have never heard of them, but wow!!

He also included a beautiiful oil burner and some scents - and the softest, plushest, whitest cozy spa/hotel style egyptian cotton robe.

He knows how I struggle taking a hot bath now, after moms accident. It used to be my "happy place" - soaking and spalshing around in a nice warm bubble bath - could easily spend an hour there relaxing, even reading. We did not have a shower (thats next) so a bath was all I had. It was also one of the best things I could do when my arthritis and fibromyalgia flares up - it really helped ease the pain.

But since mom died, the moment I recline and feel hot water on my back I need to hurry up, scrub up, rinse and get out as fast as I can. Its been really hard.

So bless him, he has built me a little safe haven - a little spa in the midst of all the rubble of DIY projects. He tried so hard to get it 100% complete for xmas, and he came very close. I think that is the nicest gift he could have given me. Love and strength.

I had my first long bath Boxing Day night - Have not been able to since yet, but one step at a time.

I love him for that. I am so lucky to have found him, some 6500 miles away, coincidentilly on the same little peice of bandwith that I was, and <click> an instant message - and now 15 years later.....that was the one of the luckiest moments of my life.

I am open to the beginning of a new year - and I welcome any change that comes. My heart is more open now then it has been for years, because there is no longer any point in feeling the guilt I felt for the past 10 years, for being here so far from mom. That pressure is gone - and I miss her so - but I feel the freest I have ever felt. Now perhaps when I open my heart I will feel life.

I'm lucky to live the life I'm living.

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year.

xxx

Last edited:
I'm not officially LL, but I like to keep up with the familiar names on here, and wanted to say it's lovely to catch up on your posts BL, I'm so glad you're in such a good place. I've dithered around a bit for a few weeks, but I'm going to restart Exante on Sunday and your thread has given me an extra boost.
Oh, and by the way, does your OH have a brother? ;) Lucy x

Just wow BL. You are as inspirational as ever :)

I'm coming back to lighterlife, pick up my packs today and go to my first group on monday (though I'm going to ask about the tesdays beginners group as my friend goes to this one and is 5st down so far as well as the fact my confidnce levels are at an all time low!).

Reading this makes me see I can do it again, it does feel just as exciting this time round!

Thanks guys! Sadly, not only does he not have a brother, he is the ONLY male amongst a dozen cousins!! lol He got ALL the good stuff I think! :D

Good luck Emma, I have once again proven to myself that head space is more important then any amount of will power. At least for me. Once my head is there, will power is solid as a rock. If my head is the slightest bit NOT in the right place, all it takes is one little fissure in my will power and its a fruitless exercise. lol

I tried 2 other times this year, half hearted though they were. I knew in my heart of hearts I waskidding myself. But now - it is exactly the same as the first time - I don't "hope" to do it now - I AM doing it now. Its not up for negotiation, and it will happen. I'd bet all my money in the world on it! :D

It is souls satisfying.

So yes, remember you know you can do this!! JUst get your head around it tight again, and rock it!! :)

Good luck to you!!! All it takes to change your morale is one brave little step - as soon as you are looking after yourself, the rest will follow.

xxx

Back