blue pill with diets

nabeela

hi all
i have a ? i wanted to know if you can take this pill whilst going on other diets like cd.

ive started cd today but i went to my doctors and they have said to start xenical. he said its ok with any diet

please could any1 tell me

Yes its more than ok to take it with diets like WW SW thinks like that. As far as others go like atkins ect im not sure. A few people on here take it along side other diet plans tho. GL

thanks for ur reply

ive started cd today and im going to doctors on monday. but im still not sure if its ok on cd as im on sole sorce plus

To be honest, I really wouldn't think that doing CD and Xenical together would be advisable.
Xenical works by eliminating a third of the fat in any meal that you eat, which is fine with a 'normal' low fat/low calorie diet.
The thing with CD is that their meal replacements are calculated to give you the exact amount of calories and nutrients that your body needs to stay healthy while losing weight very quickly. Obviously, using Xenical on top of that would mean your body is getting even fewer calories/fat, which may mean that you're not getting everything you need to stay healthy.

I'm not a nurse or a doctor so I can't advise you 100% but I think that you should definitely speak to your doctor before combining the two.

Other weight loss plans like Weight Watchers / Rosemary Conley / Slimming World are fine with Xenical, because you're not cutting your calorie/fat intake down so low in the first place, but I'd be worried about using them with CD....

Let us know what your doctor says, and good luck with whatever path you choose :)

I only tried Orlistat for a week and I stopped because I got paranoid when I did some research - apparenty it's prone to give you the big C. :eek: Is Xenical similar to Orlistat?

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs
Week 4-8: 14lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Last edited:
I was taking xencial while doing slimming world!

and to be honest i was only losing 1 -2 lbs a week while doing the 2 together.....so i wasnt very impressed.

so i stopped taking xencial and im now losing 3-4lbs a week!!!

i dont think the 2 go 2gether!!!

Hi Alibalibee, sorry I have just edited my post. It was not Xenical, it was Orlistat. xx :confused:

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

2b3b6103290f485b354bcc0040f59fbc6193e59c.gif

Xenical and Orlistat are the same thing hun. Orlistat is the pharmaceutical name.
x

Oh! ... I see. D'uhh me! :D

I saw it in Wikipedia. It's not written particularly well, I don't understand it and I am not sure if it's true or not.

"Long-term
Despite a higher incidence of breast cancer amongst those taking orlistat in early, pooled clinical trial data—the analysis of which delayed FDA review of orlistat[23]—a two-year study published in 1999 found similar rates between orlistat and placebo (0.54% versus 0.51%), and evidence that tumors predated treatment in 3 of the 4 participants who had them.[24] There is evidence from an in vitro study to suggest that the introduction of specific varied preparations containing orlistat, namely the concurrent administration of orlistat and the monoclonal antibodytrastuzumab, can actually induce cell death in breast cancer cells and block their growth.[25]
A 2006 animal study linked orlistat with aberrant crypt foci (ACF), lesions found in the colon which are believed to be one of the earliest precursors of colon cancer."

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-8: 14lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Thanks for that groovy, when I googled that was the same thing I found this afternoon. The study says that what they found, delayed the FDA's review in the US. It also says that of the study ( the breast cancer one), 3 of the 4 already had the tumours ( so therefore nowt to do with the tabs) and that in fact the orlistat was shown to promote cell death of cancer cells ( this bit ..There is evidence from an in vitro study to suggest that the introduction of specific varied preparations containing orlistat, namely the concurrent administration of orlistat and the monoclonal antibodytrastuzumab, can actually induce cell death in breast cancer cells and block their growth.[25] )
It also says that a 2006 study linked Orlistat with lesions ( which are believed to be precusors in colon cancers).
At least that's how I read it. For the moment though I'm still happy to be taking the tablets :)
x

I thought it was a bit confusing but hey, whatever rocks your boat. I am happy doing SW without any pills. How do you remember to take them? When I'm on medication I'm terrible for remembering to take my pills!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-8: 14lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

I remember reading an article about a woman who lost a lot of weight following a sensible low-fat diet, then the weight loss ground to a halt. It turned out that because she wasn't taking in enough fat her body had gone into starvation mode, even though she was taking in enough actual calories. Apparently the body needs fat to help keep the metabolism ticking over, so if you take the tablets with an already low fat diet or carefully balanced VLCD it could have the opposite effect by eliminating the essential fats that your body needs to function.

I have read that research thoroughly from beginning to end and really what it says is there is no difference in the rate of tumours between those taking Xenical and those not taking it.

Thanks for that KittyBling - it's all good then.

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Back