**Blue_grapefruit** Week 10 WI

Good luck on your journey xx

Wishing you all the best in your journey. Like you, I'm really keen to find out why I use food the way I do. I'm returning for the third time - I didn't put a huge amount on each time, because I couldn't afford new clothes :) - but I'm still concerned that I've never really understood how I react with food, and how sensitive I am to carbs.

I'd definitely recommend you not to miss RTM once you've lost your weight. I did, despite having the same advice, because we moved away from Cambridge, and I regret it. In a way, LL seems too easy - particularly if you keep your vow to never lapse. I did, and it meant that after a short while, I didn't really struggle with will power at all - just with an odd, flat feeling. I mean that I could cope with social events, weddings, nights at the pub, cooking for my parents, but without food, and if I'm honest, alcohol, they just seem rather pointless, and I found myself wanting to be at home reading a book. This is something I think is fundamental to why I put weight on, and I wondered if it resonated with you too.

Enough blathering. All the best, getting to goal and feeling light and healthy and able to do all those things you couldn't before is just amazing, like being 20 years younger, you'll really love it.

Thanks for your lovely posts!

Well, I'm nearing the end of day 3. Went to my first group on monday and still had a few CD shakes left over from last year so decided to start before class - nothing beats a good monday start.

Group was good, made me think a lot. Been thinking up some positive goals!

The LL packs are ok so far, like the vanilla, strawberry and choc shakes and mushroom soup, tomato soup is far too bitty for my liking! Giving that a miss next week me thinks!

Had a sneaky weigh and the scales are going in the right direction ;)

Hey Blue

Glad it is going well for you so far. With the soups, try add a bit of boullion powder and mix the powder to a paste first with a little cold water, then, they become really creamy and delicious!!!

J
xx

Yeah I've tried that with a few of the soups and it works much better!!

Let's face it - they aren't a patch on Heinz but jeez do they do their job!!

Keep with it and experiment with the packs as some you think you wouldn't like actually turn out to be not that bad x x

I did make the paste first :) I'm not a huge fan of non-LL tomato soup but thought I'd give it a go; I'm not one for being put off things plus seeing as I'll be doing this til I lose 5st 7 I dont want to limit the packs I can have. Heard a lot of people say they don't like the chocolate one, i thought it was quite nice!

Am loving vanilla in the morning and strawberry at lunch though, it's sweet and filling.

I'm enjoying this :)

Hi Blue

Glad to hear that your getting into the swing of things again, vanilla is yummy isn't it :D xx Maxi xx

Day 4 NEARLY done.

Only 1/2lb off since yesterday (5.5 in total so far) but wow my body cant decide to have no toilet issues or too many toilet issues. Also come on today, joy :( Never mind eh!

Still, I'm positive, freezing and WILL be 3st 7 slimmer for my first wedding anniversary on April 1st .

Doing fab with water, generally sipping the water all through the day and funnily enough being in work is a blessing as I'm distracted. I've fully booked my weekend to keep occupied but now that I'm most of the way through day 4 I know I can do this. I believe in myself.

Best thing so far? Getting unofficially underneath 14st. What a moral booster x

Forgot to say, defo in ketosis

:talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

Great - you are on your way xx

Day 5....

No problems really today, I'm amazed at my sense of smell and my utter LACK of wanting food. I'm reaaaally proud of myself :D

Had the chicken soup, was fantastic! Really yummy! Had the porridge this morning and had to attend to a cat vs ball of wool disaster and by the time I got back to the porridge it had a foul skin on the top. Picked it off and ate the rest (had added a sweetner!) and it was fine. Might add some of the water flavouring to it next time as it was a tad bland but it was hot and did the job! Won't leave it for as long next time.

This evening I've had a lovely little time watching some old tv series, writing down some thoughts and doing some nail painting. Gotta love fridays after work in your jammies :)

One more shake, a few more glasses of water, and some cuddles with hubby then bed!

Today, I <3 LL xxx

Nice one. The second week really is much, much easier - you've that weight loss behind you and you're definitely in ketosis.

If I was worried about the scales I'd be annoyed today! Hahaha! Still it isn't a gain and I'm really TOTM now (don't ask, unexplained bleeding on this diet!) so hopefully it's bloat and water retention.

I did come across a problem today though. While serving dinner to the family (Veg pasta bake!) there were a few pieces of pasta left in the bowl. Covered with creme fraiche and melted cheese and doing the whole "sticking to the dish" thing. Usually I'd pick at these bits and then eat my dinner. These bits can be up to a spoonful and I'll still eat them! I'm also a bugger for picking at food that I've left on my plate - especially when we go out for meals. I should get it taken away or take it out to the kitchen straight away so I'm not tempted. I so very nearly ate that pasta just out of habit. I'm not hungry at all, it didn't even look that nice, just bloody habit!

The other thing - travelling. On the way home I was sipping my coke zero and water (as you do ) and was craving pickled onion monster munch. The reason? We ALWAYS snack when we travel. Why?! Why the hell does sitting in the car for two hours make me want to eat crap? If I was in work or at home for the two hours I wouldn't be eating!! It's a bad habit I hope never to repeat (unless it's lunch time while we drive but still no need for crap!)

I'm missing eating today, not the food itself but the social aspect of it. DH and I usually have a right giggle when we cook together. We play fight, steal whatever the other is cutting (especially cooked chicken and cheese!) and generally chat about work etc. We're a good little team and I miss the banter. Still, we still talk etc so it's not a big deal. Also saturday and sunday is all about DH getting out of bed early and making us a breakfast in bed. Sad times! To be far he did go get me a shake and we drank tea together, then he had his bagel with salmon and philly while I was in the shower. When I lose the weight I can "restart" and do all these things I miss but with a better waistline and the knowledge to make the right choices!

Day 6 - 4 hours off being done. One more shake and a bit more water + a film with my DH xx

Well done blue, sounds like you are keeping strong. I have also been craving today, just because, but i like weight loss more than food, so I stick with it and in 2 weeks w00 I can have food again. I know how hard the social aspect can be, is it possible for you to do the cooking with hubby and not eat??? that way you can still enjoy the social interraction. Also curious re the coke zero, are we allowed it in abstinence, is this a new thing, I know we couldnt have it when I did this in 2009, if so let me know as it would go down a treat round about now.

Have a great day tomorrow and enjoy your evening

J
xx

We're not allowed it officially no, but I had to get some taste in my mouth other than fluffy teeth and water! I don't drink it much, I had a few swigs of OHs today in the car and a sip tuesday when I needed something sweet after a soup (Made OH drink the rest quick!)

I can't cook and not eat yet, I just don't trust myself :rolleyes:

Ah, have you got any of the water flavourings, they are really good and i have them with sparkling water as a bit of a treat

J
xx

Back