Blueberry Muffins

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi everyone,

I found this recipe after googling for SW cake recipes as I am in a real baking mood today. A tip though - when you're getting recipes from the internet and not your class, please work out the syns/check ingredients, don't just believe what the person says - sometimes they're old recipes with old syn values, or abuse free foods like lasagne as crisps etc. I've been tricked by these recipes before and it's so disheartening when you find out the true syn value!!

Please let me know if you make them/have made them before!! I haven't yet but I'm going to either tonight or tomorrow!

SW Blueberry Muffins
Makes 6 regular size muffins
3 syns on all plans ***

7oz/98g Blueberries
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1oz/28g all bran
0.5 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
2 level tsp baking powder
2fl oz/57ml
orange juice
2 eggs lightly beaten
2oz/57g Self raising flour

1. Preheat oven to 200c, Gas mark 6.
2. Place blueberries, all bran, sweetener and orange juice in a bowl and stir, mixing well.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder, and ground spices. Add eggs and mix until fairly well blended.
4. Spoon into a 6 muffin tin greased with fry light.
5. Cook for 15-20 mins until firm to touch, remove and either served warm or cooled.
6. Optional – If served warm add some VLF natural yoghurt and more blueberries.

if you're being reeeally good, they're 3.5 because of the cooked fruit.... ;)

Hi evilpenguin.

Did you make these muffins in the end? I've tried them twice so far and followed the recipe VERY carefully (especially the second time!), and each time they appeared to be cooked - they rose and were firm to the touch - but had a kind of solidified mush in the middle!

I'm gutted as the blueberries weren't cheap and twice they have been wasted as the muffins weren't edible. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Has anybody followed this recipe successfully?

Back