Bluecatlady's diary

bluecatlady

So a few of you have mentioned I should take this up so here is my diary, hopefully someone else can spot my stall problems when I get more...

28th May

Breckfast/Lunch

Chikcen wrapped in bacon, with mayo (0.6c)
and a sausage (3.2c)
coffee (0.5c)

dinner

Steak
peppercorn sauce
brocoli
green beans

snacks needed as day one

cheese 2xbabybells

Last edited:
That sounds like your calories would be pretty low, BCL. Do you work them out anywhere?

Thanks for the reply Moonlights. I guess today was a bit low calorie wise and tbh I didn't plot today. Car busted so was eating what was left in the house fridge that was Atkins freindly and I was a bit low on supplies. I'll try and do better tomorrow!

Hi bluecatlady, found your diary:)

Only stared it yesterday. :)

So Tuesday 19 carbs and about 1800 calories! I was hungry day two!
Sausages, mayo, cheese, broccoli, green beans, steak, butter, chicken and bacon.

Wednesday 8 carbs and about 1600, not as hungry. Same food as yesterday with added eggs but no mayo, cheese or chicken.
My water at the pub came with a slice of lime in it, let's hope that's ok...

Although I think I deserve an award for turning down cake that sat in front of me when I was out... So much easier to tell people you're gluten intolerant... I got sympathy rather than pressured to eat cake!

To be fair I am wheat intolerant and I'm finding usually gluten upsets me too so it's actually true.

So Tuesday 19 carbs and about 1800 calories! I was hungry day two!
Sausages, mayo, cheese, broccoli, green beans, steak, butter, chicken and bacon.

Wednesday 8 carbs and about 1600, not as hungry. Same food as yesterday with added eggs but no mayo, cheese or chicken.
My water at the pub came with a slice of lime in it, let's hope that's ok...

Although I think I deserve an award for turning down cake that sat in front of me when I was out... So much easier to tell people you're gluten intolerant... I got sympathy rather than pressured to eat cake!

To be fair I am wheat intolerant and I'm finding usually gluten upsets me too so it's actually true.

wow, that is amazing turning down cake, more stronger then me. Good luck with your journey x

Thank you bunnyla, I was quite impressed with myself. It was a huge 4 layer cake too with strawberries and cream on it which would have been ok... Just not the sugar or the nasty wheat.

I'm slowly learning gluten = rather ill. It's surprising how even when you know this to be true you body wants cake!

Thank you bunnyla, I was quite impressed with myself. It was a huge 4 layer cake too with strawberries and cream on it which would have been ok... Just not the sugar or the nasty wheat.

I'm slowly learning gluten = rather ill. It's surprising how even when you know this to be true you body wants cake!

Yes, totally but being a dieter for many years and having periods of being good when you do binge the reduction gets smaller. I used to binge so much but now quite often I can stop as it makes me feel worse then ever as my body feels so ill afterwards but mentally it is another kettle of fish, haha Dieting is a constant learning for me anyways

bunnylovesalan said:
Yes, totally but being a dieter for many years and having periods of being good when you do binge the reduction gets smaller. I used to binge so much but now quite often I can stop as it makes me feel worse then ever as my body feels so ill afterwards but mentally it is another kettle of fish, haha Dieting is a constant learning for me anyways

I know what you mean. This is actually only my second every go at dieting. Did a month last year and lost a stone in two weeks...and had my first gallbladder attack...that put me off dieting.

Started again this year but I'm in the loose all my extra weight frame of mind, I don't do things by halfs lol.

I binged for the last two weeks on holiday and to be honest it wasn't a huge binge I had chip shop chips which were rubbish, don't crave those anymore now. Tried some cake which was so sweet I didn't finish it. Had some chocolate buttons which were nice but a bit sweet and I had one sandwich which gave me a gallbladder attack and left of feeling dreadful for four days as the gallbladder nausea and the ibs pain totally kicked me in. Thankfully it's put me off bread quite successful. Lol

I try a few bits and pieces now and then- luckily cakes are just too sickly sweet and bread/grains make me feel really bad - the body does learn!

Kat1e said:
I try a few bits and pieces now and then- luckily cakes are just too sickly sweet and bread/grains make me feel really bad - the body does learn!

I see it as a good thing. Every thinges bad I ate apart made me feel dreadful and showed me either how rubbish it is or how intolerant I am. It's kicked a few of my cravings in the teeth or at least scared me away from some bad foods!

I know what you mean. This is actually only my second every go at dieting. Did a month last year and lost a stone in two weeks...and had my first gallbladder attack...that put me off dieting.

Started again this year but I'm in the loose all my extra weight frame of mind, I don't do things by halfs lol.

I binged for the last two weeks on holiday and to be honest it wasn't a huge binge I had chip shop chips which were rubbish, don't crave those anymore now. Tried some cake which was so sweet I didn't finish it. Had some chocolate buttons which were nice but a bit sweet and I had one sandwich which gave me a gallbladder attack and left of feeling dreadful for four days as the gallbladder nausea and the ibs pain totally kicked me in. Thankfully it's put me off bread quite successful. Lol

aw, wow only two attempts, I have lost count of how many. I had my little boy in Semptember last yr and put on 3 stone, used to be 11stone 9lbs and now I am 13.1/2 stone, but ever since after Christmas I have been yo-yoing, doesen't help I have clinical depression and OCD. But getting back on track now with new meds and slowly getting there :) If your going do it, you best make it a good reason, hehe. Well I am sure you will lose some more as you did amazingly well prior. I also when first ever started SW in 2005 that was the first thing I hated was chip shop chips, they are so greasy. I have totally given up on bread and not eat it for nearly two weeks as it really affects my IBS, hardly ever eat carbs now too and if I do eat I normally eat carby meal at lunch time so more time to digest with a lighter meal in the evening!!!

I know I'm writing this upset and it's not ment to attract sympathy but to high light an issue.

This weekend I have had an immediate family member very badly injured in a car accident, so what did I do? I ate a carb loaded take away, half a bag of chocolate and drank a pint of milk to comfort myself.

Do I feel better... No
Has it actually helped me...no
Has it helped my family...no
Do I now feel sick and stupid...yes

So why do we do this? Why in times of trauma do we stuff our faces with rubbish thinking, almost believing it'll help?

The rubbish food will stall me making me feel worse...If I keep eating bad I'll just get fatter again and that's no use now is it.

Shouldn't my brain think, you need to be strong and fit and healthy to help care for the other person!? No of course not. It seeks sugar. Dirty poison that'll make it all worse.

Anyone else cracked why we do this?
How do the care givers out there manage?

I hope I've not offending anyone with my late night musings. Maybe I should have posted this in the insomniacs thread

I'm so sorry someone you care about has been hurt.

As for why we do it - carbs and sugar hit the pleasure centers in our brain so we turn to them to feel better. Most of us had been given sweets and treats as comfort foods in childhood so the habit is learned. We've learned that when we want to do something 'nice' for ourselves that's something to turn to - even when we know it's not true and we're not being nice to ourselves really.

You've had one bad night for more than understandable reasons. Eat however you need to eat right now and when you can get back to the plan you'll keep losing, you won't have ruined a thing. So you'll be a few days behind where you might have been, so what. There isn't a schedule and this isn't a race. You'll get there.

Take care of yourself, you don't need to be beaten up right now xx

Thanks moonlights.

It seems they are now unlikely to die but it's taken two days to get there so that's good news.

I know what you mean about being given sweets as a child to comfort, that's an interesting point but I'm not as a rule a comfort eater, I'm a I don't like myself I should be fat eater that's why I got huge. Now I like myself a bit more I'd shifting the fat.

The bit that really annoys me is that we can't use our big educated brains to overrule our childhood programmed brains!.

And oddly enough, I stalled all last week, ate rubbish last night and I'm a pound down today...I guess I'll see it re appear tomorrow of course from chocolate eating. Lol. On with the fight!

Thank you for your kind words

Oh Blue hun I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, although it is great to hear that they are going to make it, what an awful time for you and your family!

Like ML says, it's completely understandable that you grabbed at the carbs - and also agree, this is not the time to be worrying about anything or making yourself feel bad through guilt - you will get back on the wagon when you can xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank not lady.

I just almost see it as an excuse to eat badly and I don't like that my mind goes there.

I understand that this is a rather extreme bad thing to happen but it's so crap to be thinking about the damm diet right now! Thou I know eating chocolate and gaining two pounds won't Bloomin help.

It's just a good job I'm not on one of those stupid diets with liquid shakes or tiny amounts of calories. It's not really hard to stick to Atkins even when stressed. The chocolate does not help mind... But so I stall or gain a couple of pounds bah. It's really not the importance thing right now.

Hi BCL, sorry to hear such a stressful time. Definitely need to get head straight first.

Back