BMI 30

Woxywoo

Hello everyone :D

Just a quick question, my bmi is 30.1 and I was wondering do you think the Dr would prescribe xenical to me with my bmi being the lowest it's allowed to be to get them?
I have taken them before and did really well but had to stop them due to trying for a baby.
I am now lighter than I was when I got them last time and almost 4 weeks after having my daughter I feel it's time to start getting rid of the baby weight and that xenical would be a massive help towards me doing this. What do you think??

xxx

I don't think you should have any problems as you were prescribed them before conceiving. Plus I feel your GP would want to help to get you back on track.
So it's upto you to go and voice your thoughts and queries to your GP and I wish you all the luck and hope you get the answer/ help you need

I don't think you should have any problems as you were prescribed them before conceiving. Plus I feel your GP would want to help to get you back on track.
So it's upto you to go and voice your thoughts and queries to your GP and I wish you all the luck and hope you get the answer/ help you need

Thank you for replying, I hope my Doctor will let me have them as I find it all too easy to veer off track when eating healthy and I never once lost track when I was taking the tablets last year!! I suppose the only way to find out is to go and ask the doctor :eek:

Does anyone know if the doctor prescribes tablets down to your chosen weight or is there a point/bmi when they make you come off them?

I think the stopping point is anywhere between 20 to 25 bmi.
I was on Lipotrim tfr which worked well but was told to stop due to having changed meds (diclofenac to naproxen) and I hadn't gone for a meeting in over a month last year. But that another convo which you'll be able to read on if curious.
I hope you don't mind me asking but what's your height and weight (ft/ in - stones n lbs)

Hi Chiku, I'm 5 feet 5inch and 181lb or 12 stone 13.

Have you started xenical now that you have stopped Lipotrim? If so how are you finding it?

xxx

Last august I started Lipotrim tfr and then roughly 2mnths later I had my meds changed a month after being on naproxen I was told to stop due to not having a meeting (dump) and I had infa t gained weight even though I was on tfr. I was then told to stop my meds and also my five different laxatives that I was taken amd low n behold a few of days later after stopping meds I lost over a stone. Since November 2010 till Feb 20 I got my weight down without any tfr or med help from 15st 3/4 roughly to just over 14st. Feb 20 I lost my Nan who I loved to bits even though she was the biggest cheat when it came to board games and cards. I took her loss badly and I put on 3 stone in a matter of 4 to 5 weeks. I don't know how but it piled that month is a bit of a blank. I went back to pharmacy to be put back onto Lipotrim but was told no due to me having emotional issues to deal with because of loss.
Then last week I had telephone appointment with my GP and he said that he would like to assess me and if all's well then he'd like to put me onto xenical whilst I'm getting over her loss and take it from there.
So I'm just waiting on my appointment and see what he says (all of Gp's at my surgery are absolutely brilliant/ blunt/ compassionate and supportive - and hey I feel very lucky to be with them). My weight right now us 16st 8lb and am 5ft 8

Back