BMI 40+ Drs note

pticouk

Hi everyone, I've been looking to do a VLCD or at least 810 using things from Avidlite but would prefer to do one monitired, however I want to start asap and have not yet registered with a doctor where I'm living now.

Does anyone know if you can do 810 without a doctors signature or if not which one you can do with a BMI over 40?

Thanks

Helen

Without a drs sig would be 1200 minimum, but I'm confused. If you are using avidlite shakes, and you want to be monitored, then who are you hoping will monitor you. Your doctor?

...but then you don't have a doctor close. Umm. Do avidlite do their own monitoring perhaps?

Feel sure I've missed something obvious here :D

KD I think what Helen was saying is that she would prefer to do CD because it's monitored and Avidlite don't monitor you, so is looking at the other options like CD, but because she's not registered with a doctor yet, can't get the permission yet. I think anyway! Correct me if I'm wrong Helen.

Are you just not wanting to have to wait until you've registered? You could always book your appointment to register, and in the mean time start on the 1200 step, would give you a bit of a build into it, might help.

KD I think what Helen was saying is that she would prefer to do CD because it's monitored and Avidlite don't monitor you,

Though she does say that she's looking to do 810 with avid' products, so I guess she wanting to do 810 with Avid products :D That's what confused me.

Are you just not wanting to have to wait until you've registered? You could always book your appointment to register, and in the mean time start on the 1200 step, would give you a bit of a build into it, might help.

But even so, if she was doing Cambridge, and getting her supplies from a Cambridge consultant, then she wouldn't be able to have anything...not even 1200 without visiting the doctor first. Not sure Helen will find a consultant who will take her on whilst using avid. products. So yeah, still confused.

Oh yeah, I don't know either then!

Sorry for the confusion!

Caroline G was right I was looking at avid products but rather than buying them I would prefer to do a monitored diet (CD) so was wondering if I did they 810 step on CD where I wouldn't I need a doctors note.

Sorry it wasn't clear. Have decided to go with W8 as I want to start asap and want to lose the weight for April. I've got two weeks worth form W8 so will give me time to register with the Doctor and visit CD or hopefully even get me down to under the 40bmi! Just need to lose around 2 stone to do that! ;)

The main reason I want to do CD is the ready made drinks, so much easier for work.

Helen

Back