BMI 40+ ?

fatandfedup

Hi i am starting cambridge diet 1 week on monday and going to see my counsellor for first time on tuesday, somebody told me that if u have a bmi of 40+ then ur cdc gives u a form for your doctor to fill out does anyone know what the form is all about?

I havent seen this form, but I think it is just so your doc says it's safe for you to go on a VLCD. Maybe ask the CDC for the medical booklet so they can make an informed decision.
x

Yep, I had to do this before I started. It's just to get your GP to say it's safe for you to do the diet and to check that if you are on any medication that your GP is aware that you are doing CD. My GP was fine with signing the form and insisted that he be able to keep an eye on me every 8 weeks (which I thought was really nice).
The form is not for the GP to give you permission to do the diet as some people think. Good luck with your journey honey xx

It's the medical form that all CD'ers have filled in at the start - if their BMI is under 40 & they are not on any medications then it is filled in & signed by the dieter & the CDC.

If the BMI is over 40 or there are meds involved then the doc needs to sign the form as well...

In the case of high BMI, the purpose is to confirm that, while officially 'morbidly obese' there are no other health issues connected to this - such as high blood pressure or diabetes...

HTH

debs xx

so if your not on any meds or have any other health issues then u dont need to get the doctor to sign anything.i just wanted to know cos i would have to make an appointment and just want to know if i need to?

Thats correct - if you are on no regular prescription meds then no signature required - but if your BMI is over 40 - regardless of meds then yes docs signature is required! :)

debs xx

so if your bmi is over 40 u need a signature no matter what?

Yes you do hun - your CDC will provide you the form along with a booklet for your doctor - should he/she need it - and if your doc has any problems signing the form - do let your CDC know hun - they can intervene on your behalf and speak with the doctor :)

In my experience most doctors are happy to sign the medical form - they are pleased that their patients have decided to lose weight :)

All the very best! ;)

debs xx

Hi - I had to get my Dr to sign the form as my BMI was around 40. He signed it quickly without really asking me anything. He also said that he would sign it for free - unsure if he was joking about charging but I know sometimes you can pay for your Dr to sign some forms. My CDC wouldn't start me on the plan until the form was signed.

Hope this helps and good luck with CD

ok thanks. u look great by the way congrats on losing so much weight!hope i can be just as successful.

thank you so much :)

You will do brilliantly - just follow your plan 100% - the diet will do the rest! :D

It is important to take time to think about your preCD diet & think of any changes you should & will make to allow you to stay at your goal weight ....other than that - enjoy your new figure - as it emerges! ;)

debs xx

If you ask me its a waste of money. I had to get mine signed as well which cost me £40 for the doc's signature. I was a bit annoyed considering I work as a medical doctor myself and know the full ins and outs of my health and yet they still asked for a gp's signature. He signed it the day he received it. So unfortunately ya have to get one. Just think about it you wont have a 40bmi for long!!

Hi
I have been on CD for 5 days now but last week also had to get my form signed as BMI was over 40. I called the surgery to explain the reason I needed the appt and was told due to this not being a regular appointment I would be charged. When my appointment came I first saw the duty nurse who told me I should have just booked a doctors appt for another reason as the doctor had to charge me £44 for the appt! I understand this is very uncommon as most doctors are nice enough to sign for free so thought i would let you know just in case, mine must have been a one off were you get charged.

Back