BMI same as my age!!

Kaysa

I’ve just done my first week on CWP.

I’ve got at least nine stone to lose to get into a healthy weight range. I can’t believe I have a BMI of 44! I was absolutely horrified to discover that and am ashamed that I’ve let things get so bad.

I haven’t lost weight after either of my children were born - the youngest is now seven so I can’t call it baby weight any more!

I’ve tried every diet going but give up. I’ve done CWP a few years ago for a month or so.

This time I’m hoping to lose some weight for a family wedding in five weeks’ time. I’m going to stick to CWP until then (although I will still have meals out where needed - one or two ‘bad’ meals a week is better than 21 of them.

Because I’m so heavy I’ve been told I have to have four CWP products a day.

I’ve got my first weigh in tomorrow and I’m really hoping for a significant loss that will spur me on. 10-12lb would be nice. I’ve had two meals out this week but I’m hoping the fact that on my initial weigh in I’d just eaten a massive lunch will counteract that. I have no products left so won’t be able to have anything except water before the weigh in tomorrow. I know that some of the loss will be the fact that this weigh in is in the morning, and last week’s was in the afternoon, but to be honest I don’t care, it will still motivate me to get through the next week. If I’ve lost fewer than 7lbs I’ll be really annoyed. Fingers crossed!

1st off! Not bad considering I ate out twice (including chips and fried stuff). I realise it’s mainly water in week 1 but I’m still pleased with the result.

If my BMI gets below 40 next week (I’d need to lose another stone for that to be the case) I can move down to three products a day and switch to the lower cal/carb ones.

I’ve got a couple of meals out again this week. I don’t have choice in what I eat either time (other people cooking) so I will just go with the flow and eat what is served. The other 19 meals this week will be CWP so I’ll still be far better off than if those meals were all higher calorie too.

I am worried that after 14lbs off last week, this week I’ll lose nothing and be really disappointed. Or even gain some back!

I’ve been completely on plan today, but did end up with an unexpected meal out yesterday. The thing is I don’t want to turn down any social invitations, I don’t have loads of friends and don’t want to alienate those that I do have by not going out when the opportunity arises.

Yesterday my waistband felt really loose. Today it feels normal again.

Hmm. I’m also going to be spending most of tomorrow in the car, and eating lunch that someone else has cooked. I will take a couple of bars for the journey, and have a shake before I go. It seems like a really long time to wait until next weigh in on Friday.

It’s so hard isn’t it to not think this diet could leave you very isolated from a social aspect.
You can always see people in a non food related environment but I know what you mean about turning down offers.

Good job thinking through the car journey. Planning is key on SS to staying 100%

And Friday will soon be here don’t fret just keep busy.

Keep going you are doing well.

It’s so hard isn’t it to not think this diet could leave you very isolated from a social aspect.
You can always see people in a non food related environment but I know what you mean about turning down offers.

Good job thinking through the car journey. Planning is key on SS to staying 100%

And Friday will soon be here don’t fret just keep busy.

Keep going you are doing well.
Almost Fayemous how is your second week going? It must be quite tricky weighing in the evening, knowing that a lot of it will be water you’ve drunk during the day.

So my meal out was better than it would have been if I wasn’t on the diet. I left some food on my plate for each course, which I wouldn’t do normally.

Two days now of being completely on plan, and two more days until the next weigh in. I’ll be so disappointed if I don’t lose any. The consultant said last week “You’ll probably lose another stone in week two.” This seems unlikely but now she’s said that and it’s there as a possibility in my mind the actual result will feel a bit of a let down, even if it’s brilliant like 7lbs.

I think it’s easier to do the diet in this hot weather. I imagine in winter that milkshakes would feel very unsatisfying but at this time of year icy drinks are great.

You made me laugh, Kaysa! I'd not ve able to walk if mine was my age.....

I'm now on a mission to get down to 30 - half my age......

Enjoy your journey.

Yeh I agree the evening weigh probably does mean I’ll show a little heavier but when I jumped on cheekily on the morning after I was another 3lb lighter 😊

Well done with your meal out!
Yay! Well done on 3lb off, I bet you’ll add at least one more to that by Friday.

You made me laugh, Kaysa! I'd not ve able to walk if mine was my age.....

I'm now on a mission to get down to 30 - half my age......

Enjoy your journey.
Hopefully I’ll be able to say at some point that my BMI is half my age, or very nearly. A good goal to set!

I’ve gone down a notch on my belt today!

I very much want to get the next weigh in out of the way - fewer than 48 hours to go now.

It’s been a rather stressful week and normally I’d be dealing with the stress with a tub of Häagen-Dazs. But I haven’t even been tempted. Which is a good thing because there is a lot of nice food in the fridge for the rest of the household.

I don’t think I will get below BMI 40 this week and be able to switch to three products a day. That would require a loss of 15lbs this week, and I imagine it’s going to be around 7lbs. Fingers crossed in another week I will be able to though. At the moment it’s costing nearly £70 a week, which is more than I’d usually spend on food for two adults and two children. If I did it for a year (which is what it would take to get to goal) it would cost nearly £4k, which is crackers.

Count down to weigh in begins...

Yeh I agree the evening weigh probably does mean I’ll show a little heavier but when I jumped on cheekily on the morning after I was another 3lb lighter 😊

Well done with your meal out!
Almost Fayemous how are you getting on with week 2?

Good thank you, I can certainly feel the loss on my body now, clothes getting loser and even had a couple of comments to say I look slimmer so feeling good. Glad I went for some bars this week and not just all shakes again, been having a bit of a struggle getting water in but a friend has suggested using flavouring to make my own ice lollies giving me something the crunch at nights but to top up my fluids also, so will absolutely do that for week three.

Good thank you, I can certainly feel the loss on my body now, clothes getting loser and even had a couple of comments to say I look slimmer so feeling good. Glad I went for some bars this week and not just all shakes again, been having a bit of a struggle getting water in but a friend has suggested using flavouring to make my own ice lollies giving me something the crunch at nights but to top up my fluids also, so will absolutely do that for week three.
Yes I’ve found home made lollies an absolute lifesaver. It feels like you’re getting an extra meal. I much prefer the bars to the shakes - I don’t think I could stomach a day of only shakes. Great news that you can feel the difference in your clothes!

One day until weigh in. I’ve had four days of being completely on plan now, after eating normally socially at the weekend. Fingers crossed that it will show on the scales tomorrow. I haven’t been on my own scales at all, so I’ve no idea what to expect tomorrow. I really, really want a big loss to motivate me to carry on, because it’s going to be hard now the school holidays are starting not to have picnics/pub lunches/cakes in cafes and all the other things that happen when you’re out and about with children all day every day.

I’ve had some sugar-free jelly the past two days - I doubt it will affect weight loss in any way because it’s only 10 calories for a bowl. But it feels like having an extra meal and keeps me filled up.

Back