BMI same as my age!!

The lower calorie stuff??? Yeh I can understand you are disappointed in 2lb doesn’t feel like much reward. Keep going!
Yes, there’s two sets of Cambridge products. The higher calorie products are around 200kcal each, the lower calorie products (called “Total Diet Replacement” or TDR) are around 150kcal each. So over the course of a week it’s nearly 1,000kcal less if you use three products a day.

I figure if I’m going to survive on milkshakes and bars, I may as well have the ones with least calories!

I’m feeling more positive today. Sadly (well, not sadly, more bad timing) I’ve got two events over the weekend and can’t very well decline food altogether as that would be rude. But I’ll certainly eat far less than I would normally.

Just over two weeks until the wedding and 10lbs to go to get to my goal of 2st off by then.

I’ve ordered some new clothes today (I’m too fat to shop on the high street so have to do clothes shopping online). I’m hoping to find a dress to wear to the wedding that looks nice. Plus the wedding is in Cyprus so it’s a bit of a holiday too (an all-inclusive, round-the-clock food holiday). So I’ve ordered some new swimsuits and shorts that I hope will fit.

I don’t want yet another set of holiday photos where I look like a beached whale. Maybe more of a beached dolphin instead.

I realise that by most people’s standards I’ll still be massive, but at least if I lose some weight before I go then I’ll hopefully still be less than I was when I get back, rather than adding another stone on top of what I was to start with.

Well I’ve had my three products for the day and it’s only 4pm so I think I’ll have to have an early night to avoid the evening munchies. Although I do have an ice lolly made with the water flavourings so I can always have that for my evening ‘meal.’

Well today is my final day on the higher-calorie products before I switch to the lower-calorie products tomorrow.

I’m having my final cherry shake for breakfast, then I’ll be at a BBQ for the rest of the day so I’ll have to eat some real food. Then back on track tomorrow.

There are fewer choices with the lower-calorie TDR products - four shakes, two bars, one soup. Of which I only like two shakes and one bar, so I’ll be eating the same three things every day. A bit dull but it’s only for two weeks and necessary if I want to achieve my holiday goal.

I think my face looks a bit thinner today. Hopefully that will inspire me to not eat loads at the BBQ.

I got by last night with just an ice lolly for dinner, so I’ll make up another batch this morning ready for tomorrow. I think the key to getting through the next fortnight will be to never get too hungry, so I’ll probably have products at breakfast, lunch, and when the kids are having their tea, then a lolly for dinner.

Never mind, I’ll soon be eating three-course meals for dinner in the Cyprus sunshine so I don’t feel too deprived!

Its exciting when you can see more definition in your face. Good luck with the change over to the lower products.

Id never heard of these lower cal products before, great to know and to maybe use if I start to plateau. Good look with the BBQ, I know you will be good cos you have got through a few food centres events already. The will power of yours is still going strong. Fab to hear about you feeling it in your face, really spurs you on doesn’t it 😊

Today I put on a pair of shorts that didn’t do up last time I tried them. They fit perfectly! I looked at the label and they’re size 22. My ‘usual’ size is/was 26, so I’ve definitely gone down at least one dress size, and heading towards two sizes probably. It’s all starting to pay off!

I’ve also done loads of walking today, taking the children out on their bikes, so I feel full of fresh air and sunshine.

Today has been the first day on the lower-calorie products. I’ve not been any hungrier than on the higher-calorie products. The shakes taste exactly the same. The peanut bar, however, is vile. I don’t love the higher-calorie one, but the lower-calorie one is deeply unpleasant.

The issue is the only other bar in the lower-calorie range is Lemon Yogurt - two things that I despise. So I will have to stick with the vile peanut one. I need to have a bar each day to cope with being out and about. It certainly saved me from indulging in an ice cream with the rest of the family today. Just shakes alone wouldn’t work for me.

Yet another BBQ to get through tomorrow. I’m hoping to get away with eating hardly anything (or ideally nothing) without anyone noticing, as it’s at quite a spread-out venue.

My weigh in is a day later than normal this week because my consultant is on holiday. So I’ve got an extra day to get a good result on the scales. And I want to make every day count!

Sounds like a good day. Good news on the shorts.

I used to whizz a sweet shake with ice and a little water when it was hot to have an icy treat. Have you tried that?

Sounds like a good day. Good news on the shorts.

I used to whizz a sweet shake with ice and a little water when it was hot to have an icy treat. Have you tried that?
Yes, I always add 8 ice cubes then 300ml water to the shakes before I blend them. They fill a pint glass to the very top and are thick from the ice so take longer to drink. I also think they taste better when drunk with a straw.

You've style with your shakes!

Not going well!

At yesterday’s BBQ I ate more than I should. I stuck to meat and salad at lunch, but we were still there in the evening when I had pizza and bread! Very annoyed with myself.

Today I’ve been back on track but after yesterday’s carb fest I’m feeling really hungry today. Plus the children have been all shades of awful today. So I’ve nearly caved and cheated several times.

Still, it’s nearly the end of the day so fingers crossed I will now get through on track and tomorrow will be easier because I won’t be working through the residual carbs.

I’m going to sort through my wardrobe tonight ahead of Cyprus (and to keep me out of the kitchen!) and see if anything fits that didn’t before.

You've done so well to not give up

/cheer

Good luck with the clothes

💙

Not going well!

At yesterday’s BBQ I ate more than I should. I stuck to meat and salad at lunch, but we were still there in the evening when I had pizza and bread! Very annoyed with myself.

Today I’ve been back on track but after yesterday’s carb fest I’m feeling really hungry today. Plus the children have been all shades of awful today. So I’ve nearly caved and cheated several times.

Still, it’s nearly the end of the day so fingers crossed I will now get through on track and tomorrow will be easier because I won’t be working through the residual carbs.

I’m going to sort through my wardrobe tonight ahead of Cyprus (and to keep me out of the kitchen!) and see if anything fits that didn’t before.

Awwww man, well its like you say straight back on it, old us may have just said sod it I’ve ruined it so it’s done.

The last two days have been hard. I have been HUNGRY. Today I’d had all three of my products by midday I was so hungry. I’ve not cheated, but it’s certainly not pleasant.

If it wasn’t only for another week I would have given up. I really hope I get a good result on the scales on Saturday, otherwise I’ll be mightily peeved.

My thoughts are starting to turn to what to do when I get back from the wedding. I still have a lot of weight to lose to get to a healthy BMI. But Cambridge diet isn’t sustainable long term for me. This six weeks will be a kickstart but I need something that involves real food for the long term.

I’ve toyed with the idea of Slimming World but I don’t think such a high-carb approach would work well for me (the pasta and rice is the problem, not the solution!) I’ve lost weight in the past with Atkins and find it gives me good results and is quite sustainable for me. So I think I’ll pick up with that as soon as I get back from Cyprus.

It will also mean I can start as soon as I get home. I’ve got a few social events to attend just after I get back, but they’re BBQs so it will be easy to stick to Atkins there, unlike Cambridge diet.

Although I might do the odd week of Cambridge diet here and there if I’ve got zero social engagements.

I still haven’t done the wardrobe clear out! One of the children was ill so my time became consumed with extra washing etc.

You can do slimming world and smart carbs. I.e. swedes, beans etc not bread /refined carbs

Have looked into it and if I stop losing after initial down spike I'm going to do it

Maybe join me in a few weeks lol as I don't think eating bread is going to be good for me

You can do slimming world and smart carbs. I.e. swedes, beans etc not bread /refined carbs

Have looked into it and if I stop losing after initial down spike I'm going to do it

Maybe join me in a few weeks lol as I don't think eating bread is going to be good for me
Thanks, I might look into it then.

Oh goodness, I so want to cheat. I am sooo hungry. Gah!

Do you know what, in your place I would ditch what wasn’t filling me up and try low carb sw. lean meat is filling etc
You are in danger of binging on things tha5 will hurt your progress maybe? Like sugar?

♥♥♥♥

Lean meats, low carb veg etc

Back