BMI same as my age!!

I’m really disappointed. I only lost 2lbs and no centimetres off. I could have lost that amount doing healthy eating, without subjecting myself to hugely-expensive astronaut food. I was really hoping for a good loss to buoy me up after a really bad week (in normal life, not bad in terms of diet). I will see how it goes in another week - I’m not going to stay drinking manky milkshakes if it’s not causing dramatic weight loss.

Yesterday was a really bad day. After the weigh in disappointment I got some bad news and spent the rest of the day and evening trying to deal with the fallout so all in all it was pretty stressful. I would usually have used food as emotional support and I nearly caved several times. I very nearly ate a pack of smoked salmon and I also nearly blew things completely by ordering a pizza. But I didn’t. I had all my products by 4pm, but did manage to stay on the straight and narrow.

Today I’ve been to a BBQ and managed to eat nothing. I had a shake before I went to make sure I wasn’t ravenous, and a bar as soon as I got home. I was very tempted to have a sausage but managed not to.

Tomorrow I will have to have lunch in a restaurant (I can’t very well sit there and order nothing). I haven’t decided yet whether to make a sensible choice or to order what will leave me most satisfied even if it’s less healthy. Sometimes a virtuous choice can backfire if I feel I’ve missed out and therefore am more likely to cheat later.

Only three weeks left until the family wedding. I definitely want to lose 2st by then, which is 12lbs away, but would be even happier with 3st.

I think if I pick it up again I might try and find a different consultant. Mine is a bit irritating and spouts endless rubbish such as “Celery has negative calories” and “Chicken breast contains identical cells to the human body.” She also gets really stroppy if I don’t reply to her ‘motivational’ text messages immediately - I can barely understand what they say because they’re such a mishmash of bad spelling, wrong words chosen from predictive text, and missing bits.

I’m sorry to hear you had such a tough day, very proud you didn’t comfort eat because that’s one of my biggest vices! like you say 2lb is still a loss but I get where you are coming from with the frustration. Chin up hun we are into a new week and you still have 6 whole days to boss this 💪🏻

Well I actually ate healthily at my restaurant meal today. I had fish and vegetables. And didn’t even finish it because I got too full. That was my only scheduled meal out this week (who knows what else might happen now it’s the school hols). So fingers crossed for a better loss this week.

Unfortunately I’ve got an evening weigh in the week because my consultant couldn’t do a morning, so unless I don’t eat all day (which is not going to happen) then I will have a few pounds of food/water weight added on. So I really hope I lose enough for it to still show.

I’m hoping having the children off school doesn’t send me hurtling for the biscuit barrel - only four days left until weigh in, so I need to make them count!

An actual text from my consultant:

“Youre body is CARB sensory. DONUTS!!! POTAYTES!! We go nearly and the rest is lost. Keep youre packets and then we will show. CARBS!!!! Me on the end of the week.”

?????????

Oh my goodness what is she on about? Well I’m currently sat at an awards event with my bites and a bottle of water. Holding firm will not break for this buffet!

Oh my goodness what is she on about? Well I’m currently sat at an awards event with my bites and a bottle of water. Holding firm will not break for this buffet!
Be strong! Being a healthy weight will bring you far more joy long term than a couple of sausage rolls that you’ll have forgotten about by tomorrow.

I have no idea what the consultant is on about. I think she must text the same ‘motivational message’ to all her clients each day, I just never have a clue what she’s trying to say (and yes, English is her first language.)

Today has been quite easy. A shake for breakfast then I took the children out for the day and didn’t have my next shake until I got home at 4pm. I wasn’t planning on being out for so long, otherwise I’d have taken a bar with me. But I didn’t get hungry while I was out and wasn’t tempted to share the children’s lunch. I just drank lots of water and I was fine.

Since getting back I’ve had a shake and a bar just two hours apart, but I think that’s it for the day. I don’t think I’ll need another shake. I think I’ll enjoy a lolly made with the water flavourings instead while watching TV later on.

Sadly I weighed on my own scales just now (only as part of a science project the children were doing with the scales) and it looks like I’ve only lost 2 or 3lbs since last week so far. I’m hoping for at least 5lb loss this week and there are only three days left until weigh in. Luckily no meals out planned. Fingers crossed!

I cheated! Some pasta that one of the children didn’t eat. And oh my goodness it tasted great. Probably fewer calories than the two shakes I’d have had for the rest of the day otherwise. But I still feel bad about it. I’m hoping it doesn’t have a big impact on my weigh in this week.

I cheated! Some pasta that one of the children didn’t eat. And oh my goodness it tasted great. Probably fewer calories than the two shakes I’d have had for the rest of the day otherwise. But I still feel bad about it. I’m hoping it doesn’t have a big impact on my weigh in this week.

If you get back to it first thing in the morning you will be right back on track, just a blip don’t let it play on your mind too much.

Back on track today. No cheating. Weigh in tomorrow night. And only three weeks left until the family wedding.

I’ve been so busy entertaining the children that there really hasn’t been time to cheat.

I am soooo looking forward to eating food again.

If you get back too it first thing in the morning

The same loss as last week: 2lbs. Disappointing. The consultant says I can move on to the lower calorie products in three days (when I’ve used up the products I’ve got). I really hope I lose next week. Only two-and-a-half weeks until the wedding...

Well done on your success so far, keep going!!!!

4lb for me this week that will do, thought I’d maybe get another 6 but with my monthly I think I’m retaining water.
Well done! You’re well ahead of me now!

Back