BMI same as my age!!

Another successful day. I haven’t had any syns. Having my main meal at lunchtime helped, because I didn’t get the 4pm/5pm munchies.

Today I’ve had:

Breakfast: tea with skimmed milk; overnight oats made with 40g oats, raspberries, fat free natural Greek yogurt.

Lunch: bolognese made with minced lamb, bacon, onions, tomatoes, celery, carrots, stock, Worcestershire sauce. 30g grated cheddar.

Dinner: fruit and plain yogurt

I’m hoping for a big loss this week. Four more days to go until weigh in.

I’ve been feeling really hungry today so have been snacking a lot - luckily within my syns.

I think it’s because I had cereal for breakfast, which never fills me up for long. That had a knock on effect on the rest of the day.

This is going surprisingly well.

Yesterday I stuck to it, even having an apple to eat before I went to a Christmas party to make sure I wasn’t tempted by the nibbles (and I was driving so had a good excuse to avoid alcohol.)

The fridge is a bit empty so I’m improvising until the shopping arrives in two days, using up the contents of the freezer.

So yesterday I ate this:

Breakfast: tea with skimmed milk; onion, bacon, eggs, baked beans.

Lunch: Duck leg; cauliflower; broccoli

Dinner: 2 baby bel; apple, cooked fruit, yogurt

Today I’ve had:

Breakfast: tea with skimmed milk; raspberries; whole meal roll with ketchup and chipolatas.

I’m feeling positive. I hope I’ve lost some weight this week.

Being good today and staying on track.

I swerved a hot dog at the school Xmas festival and made some bolognese instead when we got home.

And dinner was steak with mustard and celeriac and various steamed veg.

One more full day until weigh in. I’m really not sure I’ve lost anything this week despite staying on track. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong on the scales.

Well it’s the night before weigh in.

Will I have lost 3lbs this week to make it a stone lost in 3 weeks? I really hope so. I’ve got a big work meeting tomorrow and I know I’ll feel more confident and able to be taken seriously if I feel good about myself.

Very nervous. I’ve done everything right this week. Fingers crossed.

My third SW weigh in was better than I’d hoped.

Down to 17st 2.5lb so that’s another 8lb off this week. Astounding really when that’s more than I was losing on the Cambridge diet in a week. So 18.5lbs gone in three weeks at SW. Pretty impressive.

BMI also back below 40. Hooray to being obese rather than morbidly obese!

Now just to get through the raft of Christmas parties without the scales going in the wrong direction.

I’m having a really rotten day at work and home so I’m amazed I’ve not been tempted to head to the shops for chocolate. I think my good weigh in today has buoyed me up sufficiently that I had a longer way to fall so didn’t hit rock bottom.

Today I’ve eaten:

Breakfast: stewed rhubarb with fat free Greek yogurt.

Lunch: crustless quiche made with eggs, tinned salmon, capers, basil, red onion, red pepper, grated cheese. Salad of rocket and beetroot.

Snack: baby bel x 2

Dinner: SW houmous made with chickpeas, garlic, stock, lemon juice and yogurt. Carrot, celery and red pepper crudités.

Forget five a day, I reckon I’m getting around eight a day!

School holidays next week so I’ve arranged a babysitter when I go to my weigh in. I really hope I stay on track this week. If I don’t it will be down to emotional eating, as my work situation is going to get a lot worse later in the week.

It’s been another fairly easy day, diet wise, despite being STRESSED by work at the moment.

Today I have eaten:

Breakfast: Tea with skimmed milk. Overnight oats made with 40g oats, fat free Greek yogurt and raspberries.

Lunch: sweet chilli chicken (1/2 syn) with rocket, beetroot and mayo (1 syn); satsuma

Dinner: I haven’t eaten it yet, but I have prepped hunters chicken made with chicken breast, bacon medallions, mozzarella, tomatoes, onions, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce.

Five full days after today until my next weigh in. I wish it would come around more quickly.

Two days to go until weigh in.

I really don’t feel any thinner since starting SW, even though I’ve already lost 18lbs there.

Maybe I should go back to weighing myself at home each morning so I have proof that it’s working between official weigh ins.

Lots of Christmassy things going on the past few days and I have had my first booze since starting SW. A few glasses of wine at a party took my syns for that day to 20.

BUT I avoided all the party nibbles, which I wouldn’t do usually, so that’s a big improvement.

At a Christmas work lunch yesterday I felt really sad when looking at the menu seeing lots of things I’d like that wouldn’t have worked with SW. When ordering a salmon salad with no dressing I felt really deprived, when my colleagues were all having cheesy chips and main courses with more cheese.

But once the food actually came, I didn’t feel deprived at all. I was too busy chatting to take a lot of notice of the food. Also I felt virtuous for making a healthy choice. So I still got a boost, it was just delayed by 15 minutes. That’s worth me remembering.

So I’ve survived my tricky Christmas dos. Hopefully it’s plain sailing now through to Christmas Eve (I actually have a weigh in on Christmas Eve itself, so there won’t be a temptation to down tools ahead of then.)

One day more! Official weigh in is tomorrow. I really want a loss this week (well, is there ever a week where anyone wants a gain?!)

I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything. I’ve lost nearly three stone but this week I’m feeling heavy in my own skin, like a real lump.

A loss on the scales will give me a confidence boost and get me through the next week.

If I’ve managed to shed 3lbs this week I’ll be back into the 16s, so I’ll be back where I was 4 months ago when I finished sticking to Cambridge diet.

I will try today to eat the bulk of my food at breakfast and lunch, with just a snack in the evening. I know full well that that’s not ‘real’ weight loss if it helps the scales tomorrow. But the psychological boost a loss will give me will help me carry on with the diet, and that will lead to real weight loss. It’s a means to an end.

I was a bit disappointed at my weigh in today. Down 1.5lb to 17st 1lb. No sign of the 16s yet.

I need to focus on my portion sizes this week. My attitude has been a bit, “It’s free on Slimming World so I’ll eat it,” rather than focussing on how hungry I am and how much I really need to fill up.

Exactly one week left until Christmas and my final weigh in of the year (I’m away after that.) I’d love it to be a good one and to see the number 16 on the scales.

So for lunch I’ve had some steamed white fish and steamed green beans, and I’m planning a lean lamb curry this evening with cauliflower rice.

Let’s get this journey back on track!

Small win: I went to the theatre where, on my last visit, I was left with bruises on both hips where the chair arms dug in. This time, although it was still a slight squeeze getting into the seat, no bruises.

It all went a bit Pete Tong last night. I went to a Christmas party and had a LOT of nibbles. My guesstimate is 100 syns.

Still, back on track today so hopefully I’ll still see a loss this week. I’ve been MEGA good today. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast, steamed fish and veg for lunch, chicken salad for dinner. And I’m so tired after the party I certainly won’t be staying up late enough tonight to feel peckish.

Other half is away at the moment and in the past I’ve often used that as an opportunity to have ice cream for dinner and loads of toast. So I’m definitely behaving better than I have at times in the past, and in theory that should tip the scales in the right direction gradually.

I’m fed up. I stood on my scales today. I was the same weight as five days ago. I sooo want to see the number 16 on the scales.

Feeling fat. Feeling lumpy. Feeling weighed down. Feeling like this isn’t working at all.

I’m planning on being very sensible over Christmas.

In fact, at a Christmas party today I even IGNORED a huge quantity of purple Quality Streets. The year 2019 may go down in history as the first year I have zero Quality Streets.

On Christmas day I’m planning fruit and smoked salmon with possibly a poached egg. Obviously Christmas lunch itself is going to be Syn-ful but I am making a lower-Syn trifle for pudding.

And I won’t need anything for the remainder of the day after a big meal. I’m planning on painting my nails during the evening so I’m not tempted to start nibbling during the Christmas telly marathon.

I was thinking of starting the festivities on Christmas Eve by ordering a Chinese for dinner. After all, I’ll have had my final weigh in.

However, I’ve now decided to keep being good on Christmas Eve. So I’m making a SW curry for dinner. I’ll have it either with cauli rice or boiled rice, depending on how virtuous I’m feeling (or, more likely, how good or bad I’m feeling after my Christmas Eve weigh in - if I get into the 16s, it’ll definitely be the cauli rice!) For my husband I’ll add in some naan bread and bahjis.

Then Boxing Day we’re out so I won’t have too much control over what I have but I’ll try and make healthy choices where possible (and fill up on some fruit beforehand so I’m not ravenous.)

I’m going on holiday after Christmas. Weight-wise, I’m the same as I was before my last holiday, when I’d been on the Cambridge diet. So hopefully all the clothes I wore last time will fit this time too.

Last time I went away I put a set of five rules in place to keep my eating under some control, and managed to come home a pound lighter than when I went away. That was despite me ditching the rules for the final few days of the holiday.

So I’m going to stick with the same rules this holiday in an attempt to maintain my weight despite being at an all-inclusive hotel.

1. Eat fish when it’s on offer, otherwise whole pieces of meat.
2. No bread/croissants/pastry
3. No potatoes
4. Fill my plate half full with salad or vegetables before adding anything else.
5. One treat a day

I’ve got to wear a life jacket at least twice on holiday and don’t want to be in a situation where they look at me in horror and can’t find one to fit me.

I’m also worried about being able to do up the seatbelt on the plane. Several times in the past I haven’t been able to and have had to call the steward to get me an extender. Humiliating.

My own scales showed me just slip into the 16s today (16st 13lb) so I’m desperately hoping that the scales will show that at my official weigh in tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Hellooooooo 16s!!!!!

Official weigh in today, and the scales showed 16st 11lbs.

That’s lower than I got on the Cambridge diet, and I’m going on this holiday a few pounds lighter than when I went on my last holiday.

It also means I’ve now lost over 3 stone. It’s taken 7 months of going down and up and down and up, but I’m thrilled to bits to have achieved that.

All the more reason to stick to my holiday rules while I’m away. It would be fantastic if I’m still in the 16s at my next weigh in three weeks from now. In fact, if I manage to lose just 1.5lb on holiday, I’d hit my SW ‘club 10’, losing 10% of my body weight since starting there (I’ve already lost over 15% of my body weight if I include Cambridge diet results too.)

Whoo-hoo! I’m dead chuffed. What a way to head into Christmas!!

Well done in getting into the 16’s. We all go up and down it’s all part do ‘dieting’.
Hope you have a good Christmas 🙂
Thank you - I hope you have a lovely Christmas too!

Back