BMI

Discussion in 'Exante' started by emz449, 13 April 2011 Social URL.

1. emz449

emz449 Full Member

Just a general query really, how much do people use bmi to determine their weight/healthiness?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont at all...no idea what my BMI is to be honest, it doesnt factor soooo many things in

Its maybe not the best photo but this is my very overweight brother - well he is according to him BMI. In actual fact hes a very fit healthy fire fighter

Attached Files:

4. emz449

emz449 Full Member

ha thats what is so annoying, you could be really muscly/fit and yet be classed overweight! personally i dont think its that great of a system but i guess some sort of line has to be drawn for overweight/normal/underweight!

5. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have to say I'm using bmi at the moment. I'm finding it a helpful guide, as I've been obese since I was about 13, so have no idea, without bmi what sort of ballpark goal to set for myself. I know I find it helpful to have a goal weight to aim for, and to know how close I'm getting. With other things, like the ashford one you mention, it still doesn't tell me what weight to aim for... although when my waist size gets closer, I guess I would know.

I'm hoping when I get nearer to a healthy bmi, I'll know for myself whether to follow it all the way to a bmi under 25, or whether it really is right for me to stop in the 'overweight' band. I thought I might go and see my gp soon, to talk it through with her (I'm lucky, she's very understanding.)

6. Sage-femme

Sage-femme Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Contrary to popular belief BMI is a great standard measurement on an average person, but is not meant to be used on people with more muscle mass or certain illnesses as it will be inaccurate!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

7. Divster

Divster Banned

8. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    When I was a size 8 I was still classed as overweight

9. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    I am aware of what mine is, but I'm not making it apart of my attempt to lose this first bit of weight (too depressing lol).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.