bmi

clair-louise

So when I weighed today I dicussed what I would like to get down to which is 9st (only 5ft2) and was told I have to stop when my bmi is 25 which makes me 9st11lb is this the same with all chemists I'm nit moaning just wondering

I think it seems to vary between chemists. My BMI is 25.2 so I have been told that I can choose myself when to stop now but they recommended that I go another 7lbs below my target to make an allowance for gaining fluid when I start eating carbs again. I have now adjusted my target. Maybe you could tell them you want to go down to 9st so you can have a buffer for fluid gain.

My pharmacist said BMI 28 and I will be happy at that but can reconsider when I get there :)

I wasnt told to stop at any bmi, my chemist has put my target weight at 10st. which I think is too heavy id like to be dwn to 8st im very small only just 5ft 1ins. I will be going back on LT when I come back from my holiday so i will talk about changing it then.

I was thinking about other options like exante or slim and save but I will worry about it closer to the time seems forever away at the moment

My bmi was 25.5 when I started at 13.2st so whilst I was not incredibly overweight I still felt very big as I have a very small and athletic frame and look my best at 10st. My target weight is 10.7lbs which makes my bmi much below 25 so I don't see why you should be having that problem. Maybe try and have a chat with them and explain you don't want to be on the borderline. xx

Hi, I'd say it depends on the pharmacy and the person you meet in the pharmacy. I was told that I would have to stop at bmi of 23 by one consultant, The last 2 times I was getting weighed I met a different consultant and she hasn't mentioned me stopping even though my bmi is below 23. I have just decided myself to refeed tomorrow.

My pharmacy asked what weight I wanted to get down to ..... and I said 9st 10 (I'm 5'7''!0 he was fine with it, as I wanted wriggle room for when I refeed.

As you know Healthy weight 18.5 - 24.9 BMI ..... so your pharmacy may well want you to stop when you hit the magic Normal range!

My pharmacist put it into their computer, to follow the 'N.I.C.E. Guidlines' and it said 9st 12lbs, I am 5ft 8in. However, below 10 1/2 stone I look ill. So am aiming for 10st 12lb to start with, that's a BMI of 23.1

Back