BMR Calculator

caroline_ireland

MISS Failure ha
just reading through this and im told i should be eating 1588 calories a day, very interesting here is the calculator i was using

BMR Calculator

I'm on 1535, I'm 12st 9lbs & 5ft 2".
I've been on that since November on my dietitians advice but haven't lost a single lb. I see them again on Monday and am curious to see what they suggest I try next? I personally think its too high for me, but I'll see what the 'experts' think? I was willing to try it 'their' way first (as I'd been doing that anyway but hadn't been losing) so don't know what to try next. I have an ED history & spent years yo-yo'ing so don't want to go back to that?

Your BMR is what your body needs to tick over. To lose weight you need to eat less than your BMR.
Nope- your BMR is what your body needs to function properly. You need to eat less than your daily BURN, and to burn more than you eat to lose weight. For most people (sedentary) that is your BMR x 1.2

my BRM is 1731, what does that mean? i should eat less then that? BRM x 1.5 is 2077 minus 500 is 1577, so is that how many i should eat.??

You see I sympathise with the folk above I should be on about 1700 cals per day and I'd eat that to GAIN weight lol. I have to hit far less about 1200 and that is with excercise just to make a 2 to 3 lb weight loss.

There are cals in air I swear :)

Oh I think I have just worked it out...It's your BRM x 1.5 minus 500 !!!

This BMR thing is soooo confusing.
If mine is 1683 how many cals should I eat to lose a couple of lbs a week.
Someone give me some advice as my mind is boggled lol.

Back