BNS - what is this?

sadiejp

Seen it mentioned am curious (or blonde)
xx

I've seen it to. My guess is butternut squash.
I could be very wrong though!

I think you're right. I've never had it but would love to know if its any good and best way to cook it?

Angie x

Yep, butternut squash and as recommended on here I just made some BNS chips for the first time about an hour ago and they were delish. OMG so good for zero points. I just chopped it up like chips, scattered them in paprika and so other random spices and threw them in the over for a good 40 minutes on high. Ate them with extra light Mayo. Perfect treat without the points!!

me too

Wow really 0pp off to get one tomorrow yum

I love butternut squash roasted and in soups, got one out the kitchen (has been there a few weeks waiting to be used) so will have to try the chips :)

Does anyone have the recipe for the 0 point BNS soup please

I just chop bns,carrots,onions and maybe a pepper. Add salt , pepper a stock cube. Maybe some herbs, boil away and blend .

hth

Butternut squash, two red peppers, 4 red onions, some red chilli, I use 1/2 teaspoon of easy chilli. Put it in a pan with a stock cube, boil it up and then blend it. It is lovely for 0 pro points!

I thought stock cubes were 1pp each?

They are but I only use one and make enough soup for 6-8 servings and freeze the soup into portions. If its spread over several weeks I dont count it . I dont eat the soup everyday, just 1 or twice a month :)

Makes sense. I try and leave a few weeklies untouched to cover such things - and mistakes in calculations!

I have roasted bns with most meals, and instaed of potatoes. Cut into cubes, spray with frylight and fresh ground black pepper, on a tray and roast til it starts to go black round the edges. LUSH!!! I put thick slices on courgette on the tray and do the same and it really bulks out meals for 0 points...winner!!

I've just tried the BNS chips ......YUM

I cant believe i've never had this before!

I had for tea tonight butternut squash chopped with baby new pots and red onions - used 5ml of garlic and parsley flavoured oil and roasted in the oven. Had 2 low fat sausages with this... yum yum :)

I made the bns chips last night .....wow what a find....delish

I am living off bns chips at the moment! Serve with a load of other 0 pp veg like onions, mushrooms, courgettes etc and some spices- wrap up in a tortilla and some extra light Mayo- a huge meal for 4pp and doesn't feel at all like a low fat meal. Already got some bns chopped up into chips in fridge- can't wait for lunch!!!

tortilla

I am living off bns chips at the moment! Serve with a load of other 0 pp veg like onions, mushrooms, courgettes etc and some spices- wrap up in a tortilla and some extra light Mayo- a huge meal for 4pp and doesn't feel at all like a low fat meal. Already got some bns chopped up into chips in fridge- can't wait for lunch!!!

Hi can you tell me which tortilla are the lowest points

Thanks

Back