Body combat

lauratrev

Silver Member
Hi,

Im starting body combat on saturday to give it a go? What am i expecting exactly its been recommended to me and says it is a really good workout i just want to know what kind of things you do? Xx

if it's a less mills one then you might expect the following.

jumping, kicking forwards and backwards, punching. like this clip.

YouTube - Body Combat demo

a decent enough clip to show you what to expect.

yes its a les mills class!
ahh its brilliant, high energy! :D

fave "move" is the roundhouse kick and hammer fist :D

this being my fave track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVIK0zphUTo&feature=related

if 100% is put in, expect to be dripping with sweat and badly acheing the next day, first time i tried it i felt like id been hit by a bus the day after

Last edited:
you've also got to be careful too cause you can go too all out and you've nothing to soak up the impact of those punches and kicks. :)

i love this one too. love the music :) i also like the one where you punch the ground area like you're punching someone in the face. great for release of tension. i love muay thai too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQP8hK9KxOM&feature=related and that classical one i think it was the last release where you have to do loads of balancing.

this is my fav, the sword one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNzdV1_cUAw&feature=related

Thanks for the links! Im going to my first class in the morning lookin forward to it now just looks hard to keep up with!! :/ hoping im going to enjoy it! xx

Well what can i say! I enjoyed it! Good music and quick paced was right up my street can only manage weekly sessions for now due to uni mon-fri but im hopin to build it up to twice a week in a few weeks! Ive finally found exercise i enjoy! :) x

i love this one too. love the music :) i also like the one where you punch the ground area like you're punching someone in the face. great for release of tension. i love muay thai too YouTube - Body Combat 42 Muay Thai.wmv and that classical one i think it was the last release where you have to do loads of balancing.

this is my fav, the sword one... YouTube - DANTE LEONEL - BODY COMBAT 43 - TRACK 6.avi

ahh black pearl! :D
im lucky thats my instructos fave one! well one of my instructors anyway, the rest dont like that one, but claire loves it. its brill!

yay glad you enjoyed it! youve been converted to a combatter!

I think ive definitely been converted just hope going once a week is okay for now! I plan on going twice a week soon so i doubt ill see much difference till then :/ but its a start! Xx

I think ive definitely been converted just hope going once a week is okay for now! I plan on going twice a week soon so i doubt ill see much difference till then :/ but its a start! Xx

^_^
i only started going once a week, now its 4 times a week! my gym has it on alot during the week yay!

gina_b said:
^_^
i only started going once a week, now its 4 times a week! my gym has it on alot during the week yay!

Did you see a difference going once a week? Or did u need to up it before you could see a difference? :)

Thanks x

Did you see a difference going once a week? Or did u need to up it before you could see a difference? :)

Thanks x

i didnt see an appearance body shape wise, i didnt see it on myself, but others did... but i noticed an improvemtn in my ability to do more. i was combining combat with attack and gym aswell too

Ah ok think im going to try and jog twice in the week (thats a challenge) while im away then at least im not leaving it a whole week and my body is gettin used to exercise! im lookin forward to next session of body combat already :) x

which days are your classes?

The classes are on a tues and thurs evenings a and saturday morning but im away at uni mon to fri until end of march so until then i can only make a sat morn session but then i hope to do a tues evening aswell i dont think i can afford to go three times a week and weigh in on top as im doin my pgce atm and have no time to work so scrapin by :( so though jogging would be good as its free x

ah i love going on a saturday morning, surprising just how many turn up! same on a sunday morning, it may be an early class but theres alot there still.... i just try to not drink the night before now

Lol! To be honest thats one thing im good at considerin im only 23 i drink once in a blue moon i prefer to drive so i no i can get home safe, saturday mornins suit me great just hope i can make one evening class in the week when i start my teaching practice as im placed in a school roughly 45 mins away.but i was really surprised how many people go and the fact they are all of different shapes and sizes xx

similar! 21, and i barely drink, i prefer spending time in the gym on my weekends rather than out partying and getting "wasted" like people my age apparently should be!

theres hardly any newbies in the claases i attend, theres only 37 places and they are taken up by the regulars! x

Well its official im a body combat fan! Kitted out with my yoga mat and everything just for the class! Do u no if they have weekly fees so its cheaper if u go more than 1 class a week or do u go at a gym? X

mines all included in a gym membership, every class they have going is :) if i was paying each time it would be £4.00 a go, i used to do that when i started as i was only going once a week, and not used to it....

next you'll be buying fight shorts and handwraps! (2 pairs of shorts, various wraps and gel gloves!!!)

Back