Body Fat Percentage

NewGirl2013

Hello everyone,

A few months ago when I was nearly 14st I had my body fat percentage measured at my gym and it was 42% which was a lot and I was advised by my instructor to try to reduce it.
Now a few months later and 3st lighter I run to my gym yesterday to check my BFP and it was 41% !!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

How is it possible? My BMI is within the healthy range but my fat clasify me as obese? I find it really confusing.

Just to warn everyone, my instructor advised me that I didn't only burn fat, lost water but also lost some muscles so my metabolism will be much much slower and basically lazy because it doesn't need to do any hard work. So when I start eating he said I will need to be very very carefull becasue my body will simply store all the fat from food.

So I started excercising, just some excercise for back, legs, stomach, no running.

I thought I will share my shocking discovery with you hoping someone knows how it works (the body fat percentage I mean)

Also has anyone got one of these body analiser scales? do they work? I am tempted to get one myslef to check the body fat percentage myslef.

Regards
xxx

LT works differently from a normal diet. Your body goes into ketosis which specifically burns fat rather than muscle.

And if you had lost 3 stones of muscle which is what you're suggesting I think you'd feel really, really weak.

I agree with and, I feel much stronger, couldnt walk for 5 minutes before, now I can ppwer walk for over 2 hours, or jog for 30 minutes.
In 7 weeks time, i'll be hitting the weights with a high protien meal, plus my usual lipotrim shakes, plus a protien shake. So that I can build the muscle ive lost for the past 5 years for being a couch patatoe!

Basically my 2 lipotrim shakes, plus 1 high protien healthy meal, plus a protien shake after my gym workout is what I'll be doing for maintenance. Havent decided how long though

I can't see that being right NewGirl. You must have had a lot of muscle bulk under that thin layer of fat you used to carry around lol

I wouldn't panic. Have you got one of those big scales that do weight and BMI etc in your local pharmacy or shopping centre? x x x

I can't see that being right NewGirl. You must have had a lot of muscle bulk under that thin layer of fat you used to carry around lol

I wouldn't panic. Have you got one of those big scales that do weight and BMI etc in your local pharmacy or shopping centre? x x x

Hey Teapot, no my gym hasn't got this big machine only something small that you hold with your hands. My instructor was shocked as well and he said that it is impossible. I am going to get myself one of these body analisers.
I know that I've still got a lot of fat to loose, especially my thighs are very wobly and my arms too so from now on I am going to excercise more in the gym and maybe I will be brave enough to go swimming for the first time in two years. This weekend I am moving house so will move to a new gym, hopefully will find courage to visit the pool/jacuzzi/steam room.
Shame we all here on LT can't meet up ang go to the gym together, it would be lovely! xx

It would be great if we could all go together ! Dont be scared about swimming. I was absolutely petrified a couple of weeks ago when I went aqua aerobics. Stood there trying to cover myself up before we got in the pool but there were people of all shapes and sizes there, really friendly and I felt brilliant when I finished. Such a good work out too xx

It would be great if we could all go together ! Dont be scared about swimming. I was absolutely petrified a couple of weeks ago when I went aqua aerobics. Stood there trying to cover myself up before we got in the pool but there were people of all shapes and sizes there, really friendly and I felt brilliant when I finished. Such a good work out too xx

Hi Nessybear, thank you for the encouragement, I will definitely try the swimming pool in my new gym, they do Aqua Zumba and Aqua Aerobic so hopefully there will be a few other chubby ladies to hide behind :)
I need to start excercising more, I booked my holidays for april and may and I really want to be able to buy some nice clothes, and feel good when having my ictures taken. xx

Back