Body Fat Percentage

bluegirl

Silver Member
Evening all

I thought i would share my fantastic experience on a fat monitor set of scales over the last week.

My cdc was away last monday, so I went to boots to see how I was doing. The weight loss was ok, but I was devastated on the body fat %. I was 47.5% Fat......eurrggghhhh

Anyhow, went back this monday, just 7 days later. I'd lost 3 pounds, but a whopping 4% body fat, going down to 43%.

I just thought, as well as looking at the actual weight loss, the view in your mirror, and the gap appearing in your jeans, it was another way of giving me the boost I needed to stick to ss for another week

Much love, and happy glugging

xx

well done

my scales also weigh body fat, and like you the other week i noticed that my body fat has gone down a lot.

I've not actually lost a lot of weight, as i've not a lot to lose, but last night, i put my blouse on, and it is elasticated round the arms, and it was real loose.

I'm more going of the fit of my work clothes, than the weight.

but i totally agree with you body fat is something to look at.

I dont really know, but I had to hold on to some handles while it did its magic, and there was a note on it not to use while pregnant. I am guessing it was some kind of electrical circuit type thing? I am sure someone on here will know the real technical way it works!

x

not sure about the ones at boots

but mine at home, then have memory in the scales.

i can store up to 5 different peoples weight.

when i stand on my scales, i click the button to person 3, which is me.
and my weight comes up, along with my body fat, from last time, as the scale remember what is was last time.

i stand on the scales for about 30 seconds, and my new weight comes up, and the body fat, the numbers flash 3 times, then there stored, until the next time i step on them.

And believe me if they have gone up im so dissapointed.

It think its almost more exciting than the weight loss, dont know what you think? But its what we want to lose isnt it, the fat?

I have a recolection that its some kind of current that goes through your body, and I had to hold on in boots cause I was wearing shoes, where as you are bare foot?

Please someone who knows tell us how it works!!!

x

Oh oh oh.....google may just have it for us......

"
How body fat is measured

Bioelectrical Impedance

Until fairly recently, measuring body fat percentage required the help of professionals. Bioelectrical Impedance technology means that body fat monitors are now easy to operate and available for home use.

A very low level electrical signal is sent through the body - normally by standing on sensors on a body fat monitor. The signal travels quickly through lean tissue, which has a high percentage of water and is therefore a good conductor of electricity, and more slowly through fat, as fat has a lower percentage of water and is therefore a poor conductor of electricity. Bioelectrical Impedance devices use the information from this signal to work out body fat percentage."

cheers for that bluegirl

yes my scales, do have small little metal pads, in the shape of feet.

no wonder i can't weigh my luggage when i go away.

well done!

since i started mine has gone from 44% to 34% :D its great watching it drop away.

Hi you can get these scales in LLoyds chemist at the moment on special offer at a fantastic £7.00 I bought mine for the body fat pecentage as sometimes the scales dont budge they are great they do weight BMI and body fat%

Back