Body magic- am I missing something?

Katiep0ps

Hi all,

I'm a slimming world newbie (ish). I started 5 weeks ago and I've lost 8.5 pound so far, but my last couple of losses have been small (1/2 and 1 pound) so decided to start my body magic.

Body magic was never explained to me, I've asked my C twice, the first time she told me 'its just writing down your excersise' the second time she said I would find information in the books (which I have read)

I completed my first week towards bronze this week, when I took my fit log to group I was told I don't hand it in its just for my own reference!

So my question is this: am I missing something? Is there no recognition for body magic? It's never discussed in IT and I'm a bit dismayed. I'm not really sure the point of doing body magic if there's no recognition, the thought that someone's checking up on me would be much needed motivation!

Am I expecting something that doesn't exist?

Thanks so much for any answers ladies, you're very inspiring people :)

Kate

Yeah there's recognition you should be getting awards! It goes Bronze, silver, gold and platinum we get stickers for each award x

You get awards for body magic... and also you feel so much better for doing it after you start and get properly into a routine.
Noone checks up on you as such though, when you are due an award you just tell the person who weighs you and they will sort it out for you :)

Don't forget it has to be consecutive weeks so if you finish week one on Monday you have to start week two on Tuesday. The idea is that you build a regular habit.

I am in my third week of the gold award. I can't wait to get a sticker! I think even if you didn't get one though, there would still be a point because you are getting healthier ;)

It's very disappointing that you consultant doesn't want to discuss it with you. That is what you are paying for! I don't think it is complicated but I haven't done it in the past because of things I wasn't sure about. When I joined this time the C talked me through it and answered the few questions I had and it was fine. Only took a few minutes.

Can I ask about body magic too please? If I'm already exercising twice a week, for example, do I start automatically working towards silver? Or does everyone have to start from the bottom and work their way up? Thanks :)

The weighing lady at our group collects the Body Magic logs, but not weekly. Instead, you hand them all in together once your "award" is completed. i.e 4 weeks for bronze body magic - you'd hand all 4 in together so that they can be checked over. Then you'd be given a sticker (some groups also give out certificates too, although this is not mandatory) for your book which should be presented to you, just like all other awards are, in Image Therapy. Obviously if you don't stay to group you'll just be given the sticker there and then.

Vikstar, this is what I was unsure about too. It was explained to me that you build on the what you do already. So if you fulfil the criteria already for bronze then go for silver. I have a 15 minute walk to the station 5 days a week (get the bus coming home) so I was pretty much there for silver so am working on gold.

I was already exercising before I joined so my c bumped me straight to gold and I said when I felt comfortable I would go to plat because I dont feel im quite there yet. I think every c is different.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your replies guys- dont think my C is very great to be honest, listening to others stories about their C's I get quite jealous! Hopefully ill be able to move group when I finish my night class. I'm trying to do 30 mins body magic a day and I'm already feeling a difference. It's well worth it- the stickers are just a bonus :)

K x

Back