Body Magic

Crys

Does anyone do it? Why do you/don't you?

For those who do, what level are you at? How long did it take? What activities do you do to count towards it?

Flabelos
Aqua Aerobics
Swimming
Walking
Belly Dancing (well my first lesson is next week lol)

I'm on silver as had to stop as my arthritis was bad so took time off from exercise.

What do you do?

I usually walk to do anything in town (its 15 mins away, so that helps!), and then use the Wii loads. I've just started the beginner training plan on biggest loser, and it is absolutely killing me!

I'm on week 4 towards gold, I've been tryng to do it every week, I just love certificates and stickers (I am about 8 years old at heart :D )

I love body magic- it really did push me into exercise. I did my bronze while thinking "I'll get this, but never go beyond it because exercise isn't for me". Once I had bronze I just tried for silver, once at silver I realised I might possibly achieve gold with a further push. During this journey I have discovered exercise that I LOVE and know that this will be a change for life. I am now working towards Platinum (2 consecutive gold awards) and I currently do:
Monday: 1 hour Davina DVD
Tuesday: 1 hour badminton
Wednesday: 1 hour dance aerobics
Friday:1 hour Davina DVD
Sunday: a couple hours long walk through woods, on coast, through fields follwed by roast or picnic to make it all worthwhile!

When working away I even take my Davina DVD and weights so I can do my routine in my hotel room- sad or what!!!!

I lost my first 2 stone with very little exercise. However, as I felt a lot better about myself I decided to increase my exercise to boost my losses and tone my body up. I started on the Wii for about 30 minutes three or four times a week. It made a huge difference to my fitness and I felt much better for it but after a few months of this I still hadn't noticed much of a boost in weight loss. Therefore I increased my workouts dramatically. I do a lot more cardio work and I run 5km about three times a week. I've built up gradually to this and it certainly seems to boost my losses. I'm getting near to my target now and it's getting harder to shift the weight by diet alone. I'd rather do more exercise than reduce what I'm eating.

Once you fit in a bit of exercise and make it part of your routine you'll be surprised how easy it is to incorporate more. Often I do two half hour sessions a day.

Back