Body magic

mrs big b

Gold Member
Just been swimming . 1st time in years I've been without the kids lol . My question is how many lengths should I aim for? Today I did 40 which took about 40 minutes . Im Such a novice to all this lol

Well done!

I would suggest, if your happy swimming for 40 mins, then do that again.
You'll know when your getting better as you do more lengths in that 40 mins. Or decide how long you want to swim for, say an hour then work up to it, ie add an extra 5 mins each time you swim. Once you are swimming for the amount of time you want, then start counting the lengths again.

I would say 40 lengths in 40 mins is pretty good - but of course depends on how long the pool is ;)

40 lengths in 40 minutes seems pretty good to me.

I'm going swimming tonight, so will see how many lengths I can do in a certain time, then try and increase the amount of lengths each time :) xx

Thanks all :) I'm definately going to make it a regular thing .

Just looked says 25m so ive done 1000m

Also depends what stroke you are doing and the intensity. Doing a leisurely breastroke will not have the same impact as a fast front crawl. So try mixing things up doing different strokes and different speeds. Also invest in a float and do some lengths working just your arms or legs.

PatchworkPuss said:
Also depends what stroke you are doing and the intensity. Doing a leisurely breastroke will not have the same impact as a fast front crawl. So try mixing things up doing different strokes and different speeds. Also invest in a float and do some lengths working just your arms or legs.

Yes did a mixture of breast back and crawl . Hope it's done some good .

Back