Body moisturisers

MissCD

The last time I was on a VCLD I was recommended Bio Oil as a body moisturiser, which I never really took too as I found it too thick and sticky.

This afternoon I bought Nivea Q10 Plus Firming Body Oil at Boots (1/3 off, £4.42 rather than £6.63) and so far I love it, it is a lot less thick and sticky than Bio Oil, absorbs well and smells lovely.

What body moisturisers do you use? Do you think they have any beneficial effects (i.e. for firming / stretch marks etc). I am undecided but I do think it is important to pamper yourself on this diet!

x

personally I think any moisturiser is fine. I think how good your skin ends up after losing weight is 95% down to your luck and your genes!

Have to agree with Iva i think alot of it is down to luck and good genes... My biggest fear and i mean i am terrified of being left with loads of saggy skin so i am doing everything i can to help it along i do very gentle toning and i use palmers firming butter and put a few drops of palmers oil mixed in have been doing so 2 times a day for 5 weeks now and my skin feels amazing and looks visibly better although i have only lost just over 2 stone have another 7 to go so it may not stop me having saggy skin but it cant make it any worse and atleast i know i have done all i can =) But i think genes play a big part..

if nothing else, the hopefulness of helping, inspires us to look after our skin better, which longterm has to be good, as well as short term!

Hi!

I have found bio-oil to be rather greasy, however I only used it on my appendix scar so it didn't cause me too much of a problem and it definitely did the job. Maybe you could try mixing a few drops in with your regular moisturiser.

If I have had a mini-pamper night as a treat I slather on Soap & Glory's 'The Righteous Butter', it is rich but soaks in really well and smells heavenly (especially combined with their other products). My ultimate pamper night is a Soap and Glory night!

On a day to day basis I apply Vaseline essential moisture - cocoa radiant. I find the skin absorbs it quickly, and it leaves my skin moisturised and glowing all day (no more late afternoon leg scales haha). Devine! I have always had little red dots on my upper arms, and using this product (combined with regular exfoliation) has definitely helped reduce them. I have found that many cocoa butter products (such as this and Palmers) have helped to reduce any stretch marks too.

If you are after a product which targets a specific skin concern, I have found the Jergens range has had good reviews.

Happy pampering :)

Back