Bodyoptimise - £4.60 a week??!!

aliflower

Seriously, HOW MUCH?! I don't understand how it can be justified at that price given you don't have a one to one consultant. And you have to sign up for a minimum of 3 months so it's a £60 outlay!

I can't get to my classes anymore as evening classes start up and there are no other classes anywhere near me that will work without having to leave work early (never gonna happen!).

So who uses it? Is it worth it in your opinion? Apart from the syns calc and the usual stuff you get on the lifelineonline what else do you get?

I'm a bit scared of going it alone but don't know that I can justify that outlay without the physical back-up/support of a group....

Is this the online SW? Why is it more expensive than going to class??? Seems unfair to have different prices, be it only 10p or not!

That's the reason I am doing it 'home alone' with the help of this forum - I live in an isolated area and my nearest class is 15/20 miles away, plus because of illness my mobilty is not good, and at the moment money is too tight for me to pay out the initial outlay of £60.00.....

WW only charge £9.95 a month (SW is £20.00) and you don't need to buy 3 months in advance either.

I have left WW since finding SW and I am now committed to the SW diet - so I would love to be able to join the Body Optimise web site, but finanace's just won't run to £60.00 and then £20.00 monthly at this time.

i have got body optmise, dont think its really worth the money - you have a food diary, great to find syns, books you can order (but now you can just order them for general public which i only found out recently) no forum which is crap, lots of recipes on there, a progress chart but to be honest you could do your own through ticket factory. I don't feel it is worth the money and I have cancelled my account with them.

I reckon a Slimming World group is much better - perhaps you should look into becoming a Consultant, get the training provided to do it and start up your own group at a time and place to suit you and others in your situation? ............. Just a thought? Best o'luck'n'stuff!

Hi

I have been a member of BodyOptimise since March 2008 and love it. I have lost 5 and a half stone so far and know I am going to lose more.

I think, although expensive, for me the alternative would be not sticking to a diet. Just knowing I have subscribed to something and made a financial outlay is another kick up the bum I sometimes need. I can't get to class as I work away a lot and know when I have tried classes in the past I always gave up thinking I could go it alone and then failed after some time.

I feel that the charge is a small price to pay for my health AND it gets cheaper..... my current re-subscription charges are 3 months for £45, 6 months for £80 or 12 months for £140.

I appreciate this choice isn't going to work for everyone, but wanted to give you a balanced viewpoint I am very happy with it!

x

I do body optimise, as I live in Canada, so no meetings to go to.

I agree it is very expensive considering you dont get face to face support and the website in my opinion could really do with updating. It is shocking that you have to pay more than someone that gets all that information anyway as well as group meetings and consultant support.

I think most who do sign up, cancel their membership after the 3 months, when the get off all the stuff they need. So Slimming World lose out in the long run, they would be far better reducing the price and upgrading their site.

Hi

I have been a member of BodyOptimise since March 2008 and love it. I have lost 5 and a half stone so far and know I am going to lose more.

I think, although expensive, for me the alternative would be not sticking to a diet. Just knowing I have subscribed to something and made a financial outlay is another kick up the bum I sometimes need. I can't get to class as I work away a lot and know when I have tried classes in the past I always gave up thinking I could go it alone and then failed after some time.

I feel that the charge is a small price to pay for my health AND it gets cheaper..... my current re-subscription charges are 3 months for £45, 6 months for £80 or 12 months for £140.

I appreciate this choice isn't going to work for everyone, but wanted to give you a balanced viewpoint I am very happy with it!

x

Thanks for your opinion, it is always good to hear both sides! Daft of them not to mention that it does get cheaper! I'd rather pay slightly higher for a one month sign up to see if it was worth it.

Ha Wacky Jacky! NIce thought but think I'm a bit far off being a consultant sadly. I think I'll just have a search every few weeks just incase a new class has opened near me, you never know!

It used to be that if you were an online member, the costs included a subscription to the magazine. Is this still the case? If so that would make the cost a little bit more bearable.

Back