Bolognese Help

Yellow Ribbon

Bolognese is one of my favourite meals, both to cook and eat. However I need to make it SW friendly. This would be easy if I liked peppers and mushrooms but I hate them both!
I have zero inspiration for veg to use instead except carrot.
Any ideas?
Xx

You could use brocolli, sweetcorn,peas, anything you like! Or if you're not a veg person make it without veg and have lots of salad on the side x

I like broccoli - just never thought it would go!!

Onions, leeks, shallots, celery, tomatoes, sweetcorn, grated carrot, brocolli, finely chopped white cabbage, parsnip, turnip.

Add to some Quorn mince, passata, black pepper, a few herbs and a splodge of tomato puree and you're sorted!

One of my favourite bolognese recipes is an old Carluccio one where he simply cooks off a load of onions for a good 10mins plus until really soft, with some garlic if you like, adds the mince, then a good glug of white wine (synned of course) followed by the tomatoes.
He then cooks for about 1.5hours so the meat melts into the sauce.
It's really good and very traditional Italian and would only be a few syns for the wine, which you could always leave out of course!

Quite good if you're not a huge veggie fan!

Bolognese is one of my favourite meals, both to cook and eat. However I need to make it SW friendly. This would be easy if I liked peppers and mushrooms but I hate them both!
I have zero inspiration for veg to use instead except carrot.
Any ideas?
Xx

Syn Free Spag Bol

Ingredients:
500g Extra lean minced beef
4 rashes of smoked bacon (all visible fat removed)
a box of button mushrooms
1 red & 1 yellow pepper
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
500g carton of passata
mixed herbs
lea & perrins
1 tsp of red wine
1 beef oxo cube

Method:
brown off all the chopped veg in a large frying pan, add minced beef and brown for 10-15 minutes, drain fat, add the tinned tomatoes & passata, a few splashes of lea and perrins and red wine and then crumble in the oxo cube. Add the mixed herbs and simmer for 30 minutes,stirring every few minutes.

That's pretty much what I do- but wanted substitutes for mushrooms and peppers as I can't stand them but want to keep it 1/3 sf. Can always just do more carrot and tomato or something I guess. Cheers.

Back