Bonsoir! I "soon to be" dieter

Sammy_Dee

As a newbie I want to say hello to anyone out there currently on the Atkins Diet.

My hubbie and I are looking to start on Monday (got to wait for payday on Friday to go shopping!)

I've read my version of the Atkins book and ordered a new one (just in case it's changed since 2000)

I have 3 1/2 stone to lose, possibly 4 if I can manage it!

Super excited about starting (although I'm not sure hubby is but hey ho!)

:)

Hiya sammy,

welcome and good luck with it, this is a fab site! Laura and Jim keep me right all the time bless them, I get confused easy over my carbs and whats what but everyone is so helpful:)

Hello and welcome to the forum :) We're a friendly bunch here so feel free to ask any questions.. Good luck for starting x

Hi Sammy and DH, welcome to the forum.

just popping in to say hello :)

I noticed my appalling use of English in my header - I meant "A" not "I" lol.

Very much looking forward to starting, I'm like most people, I love my carbs but carbs don't love my underactive thyroid!!!!!
I'm terrible at remembering my thyroxine as well which usually means I eat badly and gain excessive amounts of weight (2 stone in the last 3 months - yes really!) All because we've been renovating a house with no kitchen and bought lots of take out .... Eeek!

:welcome: sammy & good luck to you and your hubby on your new healthy life style.

Hello and welcome!

Lucky you having your other half joining you - mine did for 2 weeks but got fed up - it's more fun with both of you on Atkins!

Good luck x

Hiya Sammy & welcome.

I also put on my extra 2.5 stone in just a few months, it's frightening how fast it can pile on isn't it? If only it came off so quickly!

Good luck with the start of your Atkins journey, let us know how you get on.

hi there and welcome :)

Hi Sammy and welcome to Atkins.;0)

I too am a member of the underactive thyroid club and usually find losing weight really hard, but Atkins has been pretty good for results, having said that i do stick to the rules and so far have not fallen to temptation.
Good luck and you will find everyone on here is a great help.

OK, be good to see some nice weight losses here. :)

Back