Bonstar's Food Diary

Bonstar

I've decided to bite the bullet and start a food diary on here after over 18 months of lurking since my last post. :eek:

A bit about me... I'm 29 years old and joined Slimming World just before Christmas 2009 and lost 1 stone by the Spring. I then underwent IVF treatment over the course of 18 months and the weight piled back on with each disappointment. :( In April this year I finally got pregnant, but miscarried. Following that I went back up to my pre-SW weight... gutted.

I am now psyching myself up for our 4th attempt at IVF but I really want to be at my target weight, or at least within the "ideal" BMI range, before we get started again.

I am 5'7" tall and 12 stone 11.5lbs, so my BMI is 28-ish at the moment... not the heaviest I've ever been but certainly not what I want to be. Ideally I would like to lose a couple of stone and get down to about 10 stone 7lbs but to be honest I would be happy to get down to 11 stone.

I will be keeping a food diary here for the purpose of motivating myself and shaming me into sticking to it. I'm really NOT good at sticking to stuff. :( I seriously lack willpower and really need a kick up the backside sometimes so if I promise myself that I will record each and every Syn in my diary here, in the knowledge that other people might read it, hopefully I will stick to it! Well that's the theory anyway!

My weigh-in day is Thursday... so roll on Thursday and let's hope I have a loss this week. :)

Last edited:
Monday

Extra Easy

Breakfast
28g oats made with water (HEXB)
1 x tsp sugar (1 Syn)

Lunch
homemade lentil soup (tomatoes, red onions, lentils, carrots)
2 x Crunchy Granola Bars, Oats 'n' Honey (9.5 Syns)

Dinner
2 x small jacket potatoes with 1 level tsp Pure dairy-free spread (1.5 Syns)
2 x homemade "sausages" (basically pork mince and leeks squashed into a sausage shape... not that nice!)
baked beans
fruit salad (apples, grapes, oranges)

Other
2 x tsps sugar in tea (2 Syns)
1 x boiled sweet (1 Syn)
omelette made with bacon, egg and spring onions (late night snack!)

= 15 Syns

Struggling to think of HEXAs which I can have as I try to avoid dairy. I use soya milk but never use the amount suggested, only a drop in tea!

Tuesday

Extra Easy

Breakfast
28g oats made with water (HEXB)
1 x tsp sugar (1 Syn)

Lunch
homemade lentil soup (tomatoes, red onions, lentils, carrots)
couscous with chicken and red onion

Dinner
homemade chicken curry with rice (free)
fruit salad (apples, grapes, oranges)

Other
1 x tsp sugar in tea (1 Syn)
mini jacket potatoes with half a tsp Pure dairy-free spread (less than 1 Syn)
roast chicken
salad (lettuce/tomato/peppers/spring onions)
250ml Oatly Healthy Oat Drink (HEXA) heated up with 1 tsp cocoa powder (half a Syn) and 1 tsp sugar (1 syn) to make warm "milky" drink
Curly Wurly (6 Syns) yum!

= 10.5 Syns

I feel like I did well today!

Back