Boo hoo! Hooray! Boo hoo!

littleblue

Ok, I knew I was going to have problems. I had 2 2 day interviews, one on Thursday and Friday last week, one Monday and Tuesday this week. I knew that having lunch with the panel was part of the process on the first day of each. I also knew that I would miss my weigh in on Thursday.
So (here's the hooray) I got out my interview outfits a couple of weeks ago and they were all way too big (I was 26/28 before I started) I bought a suit from ebay, 22 top and 24 skirt. fitted nicely 2 weeks ago, too big this week, had to keep the skirt up with safety pins and move the buttons on the jacket (yipee!)
got all psyched up to push a stick of celery round my plate at lunchtime and circulate but it was a sit down meal :cry: Felt I had to eat a little and used nerves to explain my lack of appetite. trouble was that little was enough to throw me out of ketosis:break_diet:
Had a horrendous weekend, hungry, stressed and generally lousy and got back into ketosis by Sunday night.
Monday, next interview and I ate again, although I really didn't need to this time.
This morning I was still not back in ketosis, but pleased because I was able to wear an 18 jacket (couldn't do it up, but didn't need to)
I am just scared because I gave in so easily yesterday and have been SO tempted today. You would think the clothes would be incentive enough, wouldn't you? Sitting waiting to see if I got the job, trying so hard not to eat!!

Awww try to get straight back on track now you have the interviews out the way.
You may find it hard to get back on track but do try, you dont want to give in over a couple of blips.

Good luck with getting back on track.....and for the results of your interviews.

Awww little blue I wondered why you haven't been about for a while & why you're mood was stressed.
You are going to be ok, just focus & remember the end result, where you want to be at the end of this.
You've done it before & you can do it again.
As you know it was a blip, move on & stick to the diet from now on.
You were obviously very stressed & you don't really want the interview panel to know that you are on a VLCD.
I dont know what I'd have done in your situation.
I think you probably did what most people would have done.
How did the interviews go?

This morning I was still not back in ketosis, but pleased because I was able to wear an 18 jacket (couldn't do it up, but didn't need to)
I am just scared because I gave in so easily yesterday and have been SO tempted today. You would think the clothes would be incentive enough, wouldn't you? Sitting waiting to see if I got the job, trying so hard not to eat!!

You have done very well and fitting into a size 18 jacket is wonderful achievement.

But the chatter box is at you now telling you, "you got away with it once, you can do it again"!!!

It is not helping either that you are anxiously waiting to find out how you have done and this creates its own cycle of tension and stress.

It is like waiting to exhale...

If you get today under your belt you will feel much more confident about your diet.

Sending some good vibes your way:vibes:

Love Mini xxx

oh poor you thats a nightmare isnt it! Stress, awkward food situation, wanting to impress (& not wanting them to think you're neurotic by not eating!!) and trying to do interview. Yuck!! Hope you feel better soon and get the job (as long as you want it!). Think the old demons are trying to convince you that actually size 18 is ok and food much better? You know it isnt and need to knock it on the head & move on...just imagine how fab you'll feel when you loose that last bit! Plus how far you have come! If it feels great to get into an 18 how fab wil a 12 feel eh!! Hang in there girl! Let us know how the interviews come out!

I have been an Acting Headteacher for the last year and a bit and have finally got a permanent Headship in a lovely school.

That's fabulous Little Blue - very well done (((hugs)))

:clap: :clap:

Cath

thats fab news!! Well done - sounds like it was a gruellig process!! Huge pat on the back for you! When do you start? Time to go down another size no doubt!!

I guess I start straight away, as I was put into the school on a temporary basis from Easter anyway. Officially the permanent position starts in September.
It is a primary school, Sonkie.

Congratulations Little Blue on the new job.

I am sure losing weight gave me the confidence to succeed this time, this was my 7th interview and I have been coming "runner up" for ages. I believe I didn't look the part before, when up against less "mumsy" looking people, it shouldn't matter but... even if I don't look very different now, I feel different, and I'm sure that came across.

Congratulations. I am so surprised about a sit down lunch for a headship interview though...
Will you get to teach at all or is it a big enough job that you'll be stuck in the office?

I used to be a secondary teacher and I always thought it was odd that fabulous teachers ended up doing budgets and stuff outside the classroom instead...

Whatever the situation though - I hope it's what you want!:D

Each candidate was put on a table with 2 of the panel and 1/2 dozen pupils, who served the food, so impossible to get out of really!

I've just caught up with your thread littleblue and was reading through all the posts.

I was thinking how well you dealt with such a difficult situation, when I learn that you got it! Fantastic news! Now I know the circumstances I'm even more impressed. Best of luck to you!

Now I've just got to get back on track. Haven't eaten since the lapse on Monday, but still not back in ketosis.
I WILL get over this, but it is hard. For the first time since I started I have been having fears of failing. Got my WI tomorrow so hopefully the group will sort me out.

Back