Boo! Weekends!

FunnyFarm

Silver Member
I'm so depressed today! I'm starving, bored, sitting at home by myself (as I have been all day) and have decided I'm so bored with this stupid diet. I've got 3 weeks under my belt and just want to have a life! I've turned down two night out invitations for tonight because they centre around food and drink, and am just sick to death.

I'd not have wanted to go anyway because I'm so self conscious about my weight gain, so I don't want to come off the diet I just want to fast forward to the end.

It doesn't help that I'm in limbo in every other aspect of my life. I'm just feeling so fed up of waiting for things.

I'm so depressed today! I'm starving, bored, sitting at home by myself (as I have been all day) and have decided I'm so bored with this stupid diet. I've got 3 weeks under my belt and just want to have a life! I've turned down two night out invitations for tonight because they centre around food and drink, and am just sick to death.

I'd not have wanted to go anyway because I'm so self conscious about my weight gain, so I don't want to come off the diet I just want to fast forward to the end.

It doesn't help that I'm in limbo in every other aspect of my life. I'm just feeling so fed up of waiting for things.

Hey FunnyFarm!
I completely understand and feel exactly the same way but do you know what while im sat here in my pool of self doubt thinking why can't I have a life, im sat here with the same clothes on I wear over and over again as they are black and loose fitting, im dreaming about that fruit and nut in the fridge.....one bit cant do any harm can it? Well it has for the last 20 years of my life and this is how I have ended up feeling so insecure and unattractive that today I have said enough is enough. We all know this diet works and a couple of weeks staying in in January / February means the more invites and times I will want to go out in my little dress's feeling amazing!, and more importantly realization that not everything revolves around food and drink. I know for one thing im unhappy and only I can change that.
Sorry just wanted to share!
xx

Such a fab way of looking at it!

I ended up doing some online window shopping, and getting excited about what kind of clothes I could wear when I was slim. Put a couple of eBay bids in for the next size down jeans, so that's a bit exciting. It just feels like I'm not doing anything, I'm just waiting.

I've got Paris to look forward to and as it's after 12 weeks I'm going to have my food break week then, I'll have to have a meal with my boyfriend's family (they don't know about the diet so it's important to schedule one in when I can!) and then after that I'll follow the Exante style plan of 3 weeks sole source and then a low calorie week until I get to 10 and a half stone (maybe 10 if I can handle it, which will be the slimmest I've ever been) because I know from experience I get dizzy spells and hair loss quite badly when I'm nearing goal. It'll also help by breaking up the monotony, giving me something to look forward to every month and give me practice at healthy eating and cooking. I think it'll keep my metabolism going and stop me from having months of 1lb and 2lb losses, with any luck!

I find while it does help a bit to focus on the things I can do and looking ahead to planning then (it's not until after April anyway) it does make me wish my life away even more. I need to find something positive and fun to do now, and I'm not sure what!

First time I did it I shut myself away for 3 months and lost almost 5 stone and it was a breeze. Now I am married its so much harder but the pros outweigh the cons so I feel I just have to suck it up. But I live now in a town where I know nobody and when husband at work it soooo lonely, and very very boring. As an emotional eater it would be so easy but I need to be strong

I'm the same! It's the loneliness I find hardest, I think.

Hopefully when I'm back in my size 12s ( my 14s do up but tightly, can't be that far away from 12s!) I'll feel able to go out and see people even if I just drink water. I mostly drank alcohol to make me feel at ease because I was so self conscious about how I looked. I can't wait until that isn't an issue any more!

I might try to so one sociable thing a week, even if it's just going out to the cinema or to the pub for a pint of water. Something is better than nothing!

Back