Boofaloo's journey to gorgeousness!

HI guys.
So it's weigh in tomorrow and i've made a big decision. Tomorrow will be the last class meeting i go to. I am just not a group kind of girl. I am doing it on my own anyway and after i didnt receive the support i needed last week i've decided to go it alone. i know in a sense it'll be tougher as i dont have the public humiliation to endure if i've put weight on one week but to be honest if thats the only reason i am sticking to the diet then i'm not doing it for the right reasons anyway.
So minimins is going to be my lifeline more than ever. After Mondays weigh in i will change my weigh day to Saturday morning as it suits me better. I will record my weight on here and be completely honest about how i'm doing. You will be my support system from now on :)

I know what you mean. I found that all the diet groups in the end were a waste of money and time.Many reasons but at heart I am not a group type person either. I als didn't relate to the excessive joy or dissapointments in the groups..and I guess I felt in the end it was a wrong fit.

Being on minimins I find is a good structure and I find the forum simple and easy to use and I love the way its divided so that the experts on one diet or the other do not dominate .

Belle

Hi Belle and thanks for the reply. I think you either like the groups or dont and i just dont!!

So this week has been a little more tricky than i had hoped. The lead up to christmas isn't helping and my food choices have been pretty poor! I have tried to pull it back today with a good food day and lots of exercise!
I had a lesson on my horse today which made me realise how much i want to lose this weight. I am so unfit and just know that it will be a lot easier when i've lost the excess 4 1/2 stone!!
I am finding i'm getting a bit daunted about all the weight i've got to lose and it just doesnt seem to be coming off fast enough. I know i'm playing the long game this time and it's not like cambridge where the weight comes off fast. I need to take one day at a time again and stop thinking too far ahead, hopefully this way i'll have lost a stone before i know it. I so want to get into the 13s!!

I am finding i'm getting a bit daunted about all the weight i've got to lose and it just doesnt seem to be coming off fast enough. I know i'm playing the long game this time and it's not like cambridge where the weight comes off fast. I need to take one day at a time again and stop thinking too far ahead, hopefully this way i'll have lost a stone before i know it. I so want to get into the 13s!!

I know how it feels..I just want to get into the 15s.My mind races ahead of where my body is or can be and learning and sticking with new habits is tricky.

I know Christmas is very seductive, and without a plan, most people give up on their diets and aim to start in January. I find again and again a simple plan works best for me, something to help me refocus everyday because the weight is going to be lost one day at a time , one pound at a time. Its so tiresome to have been so overweight for so long. Sometimes I feel to exhausted to try again. Writing helps .

Belle

I have to agree Belle - writing does help. I have been absent for a few days and i've lost my way a little. I stayed the same this week which i was disappointed with and since then i've been eating silly again.
I too often let my emotions control my eating and while i do this i'm never going to be thin. I am hopefully back on track and aiming for a good weight loss next week.
i haven't been back to class and havent missed it at all. My leader hasnt contacted me to see if i'm ok which i find a little sad. i know she has a lot of people to look after and i wasnt expecting anything but a little email or text would have been nice.
I talked to my mum about this the other day - when she went to weight watchers the first time her leader contacted all those who missed classes. She would call or send a card and would always follow up on each and every member. Needless to say most members stayed to class and a lot of them got to goal including my mum, it's a shame all leaders dont do that.
Anyway, i'm in a riding competition on Sunday so have been riding like mad. I feel so fat and unfit and do really want to lose weight still so i need to adjust my eating habits again so i feel back on track.
I am counting my points again from now and am trying to make healthy choices. My mini goal is to be 13.7lb by the end of January, this is really achievable and means i have a stone to lose in 6 weeks.
I need to get my head in the game!!!!

Helen,

its tempting to think the group leaders care-just be aware its a business and even if they send a card, make a call or send a text, its a business move.They don't really 'care' in a deep way about you anyway- you are more a customer than a friend.

You have to be the one who cares, otherwise you will always be emotionally dependent on someone else motivating you. Always .To be frank others generally have enough on their plate .As I said before I hope you find a way to self motivate because without that, you'll soon stop .

I don't have any answers, my method is simple and easy, when I wake up I post .If I don't want to post, like this morning, its because I have had a bad day. yesterday lunch time I had christmas dinner in the canteen. I didn't even really like it.it didn't look good. A co worker said 'go on have some' - and I wasn't thinking straight, so I did. I am aware I am not walking and I see a window in a few days when I can begin. so I just pay attention day by day.

I hope some of that helps and I'll leave you to it, best wishes on your journey and keep on keeping on as best you can.

Belle

Hello again diary.

Well i've had an interesting few weeks which have resulted in me ending up weighing more than i ever have ever before.
I have been so down i went to the doctor and he gave me xenical. I tried it and hated it. I felt sick, got stomach cramps and just didnt feel like myself although i did lose 5 lbs! I stopped taking the xenical and put the 5lb on again eating rubbish like carrot cake, cheesecake and pastries!!!
I got on the scales after that binge to weigh in at 15 stones. I cried for hours, i was so gutted and i hit rock bottom. I realised just how addicted to sugary food i was and how i had sabotaged all my efforts before because I wanted the food more than i wanted to be slim.
It has taken me a couple of weeks to get over the feelings of negativity and i am now back on my journey to lose weight.
I started slim fast a few days a go and am doing great. I am very comitted and feel better than i have for months. It's still hard, really hard but i feel like i am doing something positive.

I have 6 weeks until i go to centerparcs and my goal is to be in the 13s - even if it's only just in the 13s!!

So today i've had:
2 slim fast shakes
2 slices bread with butter: 200 calories
WW meal: 378 calories
2 inch square brownie:243

Total food calories: 1301

Another day done and i feel pleased with myself even though i've had slightly more calories than i should have. My total for today is 1700 and my limit should really be 1500 but seen as though for the past few days i've had under it all works out!
I have done quite a lot of exercise too and feel really tired so this will only be a short post.
Feeling positive and proud of myself for sticking to slim fast, finding it hard but easy at the same time!! Gotta just keep going and take one day at a time - I can do this!!

So another day is not far from being done and i've done brilliant today. Had 2 shakes and a 300 calorie meal (ww meal) with some veggies and a chocolate biscuit for afters
Total calories are : 1180
I'm off to ride my pony tonight and do some mucking out so that counts as my exercise for today!
I'm trying to remember to take one day at a time as my goal to lose 5 stones seems so far away at the moment. All these good days have got to add up though and hopefully soon my goal wont seem such a huge thing to achieve. xx

Hi Kellie - I havent posted for a while as i've been a bit preoccupied with other things. My plan is going really well. I am averaging 1200 calories a day and am losing weight slowly but surely. I know the weight is going to come off, in fact i did a prediction calculator online and if i carry on how i'm going I will reach my goal weight of 9st 7lbs by January 2011.
I know to many people this will seem miles away but i have wasted so many months not doing anything that to me it doesnt matter if i have slow and steady wins the race this time.
I cant remember ever feeling this positive so am sure i am going to succeed.
One pound at a time and i'll get there. xx

Hi Helen,

I just read the whole of your diary and the posts from last year are exactly how I was feeling for the last 3.5years since having my second child. It's scary how similar my thoughts/actions were!

How old is your youngest one? I read somewhere that it takes up to 24 months after birth for a woman's body and mind to get back to normal. Apparently any major decisions we make before that are for wrong reasons and we should re-evaluate at a later date.

I sort of agree with this as I nearly divorced my hubby twice both times about 6-8months after having a child.. :D But seriously I was just not in the right mindset to address the weight issue and stick to my plans though it lasted longer than 2 years second time round.

But the important thing is you are doing great now and sound really determined!

Btw we are also going to centerparcs end of march and I planned the whole diet plan around it! :) Which one are you going to?

Kat

P.S. 4 kids?! and you find time to think about yourself?! :happy096:

Hi Kat

My youngest is just 6 months old. i know what you mean about your body taking time to get over having children. I was just in the right place to sort myself out i suppose - i think it's because before i always used the excuse of having more children as to why i wasnt losing weight and now i know i'm done so i have no more excuses!
I think once you get your head in the right place the battle is so much easier.
I also like the fact i'm not following a diet plan anymore. I am sticking to 1200 calories a day roughly and exercising 3 or 4 times a week. I dont feel deprived cos i can eat what i want and although i am hungry some times for me thats a good thing as it reminds me that it's not a feeling that will kill me. This might sound silly but i'd got so scared of feeling hungry i was eating just in case i got hungry - how mad is that!!!!

I am excited for centerparcs and although i doubt i'll be in the 13s i'll have lost nearly a stone and thats something to be proud of. I am going to stick to my plan on holiday as it's easy to stick to and i with the exercise i'm going to be doing i should have a great loss that week. We are going to Whinfell so if the weather is rubbish we can just stay inside!!!

So today was another good day. I have stuck to my plan and have exercised loads. I had a riding lesson this morning - it was 30 minutes of trot and canter and although i was tired i can feel myself getting fitter. I then groomed a dog for 3 hours - it was the hairiest beast i have ever seen but a complete lamb and was as good as gold.

Anyway so i am really tired and cant wait to get into my bed!!!
night night x

So I'm still plodding on- I am finding this week a little bit tougher as Stephen is away on business. I'm trying to keep busy and as it's only 2 weeks to our holiday keep this in my mind so I don't pig out! I will be so glad to get in to the 13s - I feel like losing this first stone is dragging. I am trying to be patient but patience isn't my strong point!!!!
So i'm concentrating on 1 day at a time- today will be a good day!!

I've lost another couple of pounds which has spurred me on. I am managing to stick to my calorie allowance and have done some exercise so am feeling a lot more positive.
I have a week and a half until i go on holiday - i wont have lost my stone but i am well on my way so i am pleased about that.
I have a hard weekend ahead as i'm going out - i must be good cos i dont want to undo all my hard work!!!

Welli went out and tried to be good, i havent put any weight on but havent lost any either so am a bit fed up as i wanted to be a couple more pounds down by now.
I am back to counting calories which to be honest has been tough today. I feel a bit fed up and didnt feel like counting but i have and i've managed to stick to it today. i hope tomorrow is a bit easier though.
I feel really tired at the moment so havent done any exercise. i know i need to get back into doing some as my weight loss is slowing down a bit.
So need to get going again, get motivated and lose more weight!!

I'm back off my holidays and another pound is gone. It's all going in the right direction but i need to knuckle down and get on with losing another half a stone.
My tracking of my calories has slipped slightly and i am beginning to let a few bits and pieces creep in without counting. I am doing loads of exercise but it wont count for anything unless i get my eating back under control.
I have a mini goal of getting to 13.7lbs by the end of April so thats 9 lbs to lose. I know if i'm strict with myself i can do it.
So back to 100% tomorrow sticking to 1200 calories a day and exercising for 30 minutes. :)

I've been trying to be good for the last week and have been rewarded with a loss of 3lbs. i am now under 14stone and am thrilled to bits with that. I had a couple of partys at the weekend which threw me a little but I tried my best and managed fine.
I am trying to horse ride 3 times a week and am doing step if i cant or decide not to ride.
I dont think i'll get anywhere near my goal of 13st 7lb by the end of april but i am not too worried. As long as i am losing i'm ok with that.
I defaintely feel like this is becoming a habit now, at first sticking to 1200 calories was hard and i was absolutely starving but now although i stil get hungry i am not ravenous and can relax knowing I will be ok until my next meal.
I am suffering a bit with aching hips and knees. it is a lot better now i've lost a stone and i know it will feel better the more i lose. Having baby number 4 was quite tough on my body but it feels good knowing i am back in control and doing something about my weight and fitness.
When i had lost my stone i treated myself to a long pair of riding boots. They are from a company called welligoggs and they make boots that kind of expand on the calf so they suit a range of width fittings. I nearly cried when i put them on and they fit, i have never been able to get ones that fit before even with expandable legs.
I am loving the app on my iphone which is helping me count my calories, i can honestly say without it i wouldn't have done this well. Its been so simple! Ok so gonna keep plodding on, i'm looking forward to getting into the 12s now!!

Back