Book recommendation needed

I like the Phillipa Gregory Tudor books. Robin Cook makes me wince, abit like being behind the sofa watching Dr Who! Cos you know something bad is coming! But you have to read it.
Michael Jecks medieval mysteries.
Christian Jacques Egyptian novels about the pharoahs.
Katie Fforde for chicklit.
Wilbur Smith is good too.

I work part-time in a library and can't resist all the books the readers recommend so end up with far, far too many!!

Crime/thriller ~ I like James Patterson, Mary Higgins-Clark, Harlan Coben, Carol Smith, Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.

Chicklit ~ I like Adele Parks, Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella, Carole Matthews, Wendy Holden, Carmen Reid and Lisa Jewell.

Harlan Cobden is another good read - his Myron Bolitar series is excellent, but I also like his stand alone books. Sorry, books are one of my vices so I visit this thread a lot :giggle:

yay 4 twilight books i secretly luv them too lol :) even tho i am a bit old for them!

oooh i know u say ur looking 4 something NOT vampires but i ordered book bargain of the year yesterday!!!!!!! all 8 true blood books for 8.99!!!!!! had been wanting them for ages but at around a fiver each i was waiting for the omnibus book to come out which is bit cheaper (think its the first 4 books in one volume) but seriously if you havn't already read them go to the book people website and order it NOW :D

can't wait for them to come :) yay! oh and theres several codes around for free delivery too :)

duno if its useful to u but had to share my BARGAIN! :D

X

At the mo Im reading another of Jodi Pitcoults ` Mercy`. Have read `Faith` and `My Sisters Keeper`. Took me a while to get `into` the stories but after the middle i was hooked. Before that I read the `TWILIGHT` books.................a obsessed with Twilight now!!! Gong to see `New Moon` on Sunday!!! Cant wait!

oooh i know u say ur looking 4 something NOT vampires but i ordered book bargain of the year yesterday!!!!!!! all 8 true blood books for 8.99!!!!!! had been wanting them for ages but at around a fiver each i was waiting for the omnibus book to come out which is bit cheaper (think its the first 4 books in one volume) but seriously if you havn't already read them go to the book people website and order it NOW :D

X

That is a major bargain - wow!! :wow: Even with postage that is an amazing saving - just placed my order now :cool:

At the mo Im reading another of Jodi Pitcoults ` Mercy`. Have read `Faith` and `My Sisters Keeper`. Took me a while to get `into` the stories but after the middle i was hooked. Before that I read the `TWILIGHT` books.................a obsessed with Twilight now!!! Gong to see `New Moon` on Sunday!!! Cant wait!

I'm seeing new Moon on Friday - once in the morning on my own, then taking my two elder girls the same evening :eek:

Loved "My sisters keeper" got the dvd on order so will see which is better next week.

That is a major bargain - wow!! :wow: Even with postage that is an amazing saving - just placed my order now :cool:

I'm seeing new Moon on Friday - once in the morning on my own, then taking my two elder girls the same evening :eek:

glad to have helped i was very excited about my bargain lol! the series was good and the books are almost always better so can't wait to recieve them :)

ooooh tell me how awesome new moon is! i am off 2day and sooooooooo tempted to go see it by myself but the bf promised 2 take me this weekend so i better wait. hmmf :( i have an unlimited cinema card too so it wouldn't even cost me anything to go!

X

You're a better woman than me - with an unlimited card I would just keep going over and over to see it!!! :giggle: Am so looking forward to it, in fact I guess I better get dressed and hit the road otherwise I'll be late :D

Back