1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Emma07825, 6 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Emma07825

Emma07825 Full Member

Hi all, I'm starting SW in 2 weeks for the millionth time (after my holiday!) but this time will be the last. I'm doing the 3 month count down and aim to loose 2lb a week. My only trouble is alcohol!!! I've got roughly 2 stone to loose. Does anyone have any good tips or advice to help me on my journey please? Cheers.x:eek:)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stoo

Stoo loves to eat and drink...

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    slimming world
    Hi emma - like you i find cutting down the booze difficult. The only thing I found works is to drink a couple of glasses of fizzy water before going out then driving there. The fizzy water fills me up and I don't then want to drink cause i keep belching (men belch , women burp) but somethimes I think, sod it, enjoy the drink and then suffer at the gym later, Good luck with your weight loss
  4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Only to limit myself to once a week. Once I start I cant stop so I only let myself have a tipple once a week and I do that on my 'off-plan' day. Also just keep it out of the house. If it's in the house it's too easy to be tempted so like everything else I just buy it when Im gonna use it. I prefer wine so I get one or two bottles with my shopping (for 2 people) and when it's gone it's gone.

Or if youre talking about going out then a lot of people say stick to vodka or other spirits with a free mixer eg diet coke, diet lemonade etc. Or if you want wine you can do spritzers eg 1/2 wine, 1/2 diet lemonade/sparkling water.

Personally I dont really enjoy it that way and there's no point drinking it if Im not enjoying it, so if Im going out I use that as my slightly-off-plan day and stick to plan on Saturday which is when I usually let my SW hair down :D
  5. I will be slim & trim

I will be slim & trim Full Member

slimming world
    That sounds really good i love vodka and diet coke so i think i am going to ditch the wine as it do have more syns :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.