Booze!!

Emma07825

Hi all, I'm starting SW in 2 weeks for the millionth time (after my holiday!) but this time will be the last. I'm doing the 3 month count down and aim to loose 2lb a week. My only trouble is alcohol!!! I've got roughly 2 stone to loose. Does anyone have any good tips or advice to help me on my journey please? Cheers.x:eek:)

Hi emma - like you i find cutting down the booze difficult. The only thing I found works is to drink a couple of glasses of fizzy water before going out then driving there. The fizzy water fills me up and I don't then want to drink cause i keep belching (men belch , women burp) but somethimes I think, sod it, enjoy the drink and then suffer at the gym later, Good luck with your weight loss

Only to limit myself to once a week. Once I start I cant stop so I only let myself have a tipple once a week and I do that on my 'off-plan' day. Also just keep it out of the house. If it's in the house it's too easy to be tempted so like everything else I just buy it when Im gonna use it. I prefer wine so I get one or two bottles with my shopping (for 2 people) and when it's gone it's gone.

Or if youre talking about going out then a lot of people say stick to vodka or other spirits with a free mixer eg diet coke, diet lemonade etc. Or if you want wine you can do spritzers eg 1/2 wine, 1/2 diet lemonade/sparkling water.

Personally I dont really enjoy it that way and there's no point drinking it if Im not enjoying it, so if Im going out I use that as my slightly-off-plan day and stick to plan on Saturday which is when I usually let my SW hair down :D

Back