BopKatie: Round 2

Hello everyone :) sorry I've been missing again for so long! Busy really doesn't cover it at the mo!!

The job is going really well... That takes up Monday to Friday at the mo.
I've also started volunteering at a care home for my medical school applications and I help out there Mondays and Saturdays. I'm also in the middle of Samaritans training which takes up Wednesday nights and all day Sunday and finally I also play in a brass band now where I rehearse Tuesday nights and Friday nights, throw in slimming world on a Thursday evening and every day and night is currently filled!!!

I have been attending class now for 5 weeks and I'm feeling good, I've had tonsillitis for 3 weeks which I haven't shifted properly due to not having time to rest so I had a couple maintain weeks unfortunately, but I've still lost 9.5lbs in 5 weeks which I don't think is too shabby.

Had a little free time today so did some much needed clothes shopping and also found the two dresses I shall be wearing to Christmas parties this year :) both of them are a size 16 so chuffed as I started slimming world as a size 22!!

Excuse the lack of make up and messy hair!!!
Katie. Xxxx

Attachments

• image-3002187499.jpg
    image-3002187499.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2159087837.jpg
    image-2159087837.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 49
Yay, nice to see a new post from you, as it seems to be a bit of a rare occurence at the moment :giggle:

So pleased to hear that the job is going well, and that you are enjoying it! You sound uber busy at the moment! At least it's keeping you out of trouble ;)

Well done on the losses! 9.5lb in just 5 weeks is pretty damn good I'd say - you are on a roll!!

Oooh nice dresses :D I particularly like the first one - it's glitz and glam, perfect for over the festive season. I am a proper magpie - anything that glitters or sparkles, I'm in! :giggle:

Hope you have a great week this week. Hopefully catch up with you soon xxx

Princess_Stevie said:
Yay, nice to see a new post from you, as it seems to be a bit of a rare occurence at the moment :giggle:

So pleased to hear that the job is going well, and that you are enjoying it! You sound uber busy at the moment! At least it's keeping you out of trouble ;)

Well done on the losses! 9.5lb in just 5 weeks is pretty damn good I'd say - you are on a roll!!

Oooh nice dresses :D I particularly like the first one - it's glitz and glam, perfect for over the festive season. I am a proper magpie - anything that glitters or sparkles, I'm in! :giggle:

Hope you have a great week this week. Hopefully catch up with you soon xxx

Haha it is a rare occurrence at the mo :( I'm really going to try harder to post As I really miss chatting with all the lovely people I've met on here!

I loooove the dresses... The picture of the second one doesn't do it justice, it's covered in a black fleur de lis velvet pattern which sparkles! I'm with you in being an absolute magpie :p
Xxxxxx

Morning everyone, hope you are all doing okay!

I've just mentally scolded myself for taking so long between posting at the moment and realise that no matter how busy I am I should always make time for mins and the friends I've made here as it really keeps me going in terms of motivation!

It's weigh in day today, which I am not feeling too hopeful about, I've been in and out of the doctors and hospital at the mo as I've been really poorly for the past month and seems that I have glandular fever, so I'm off work at the mo, surrounded by temptations like ice cream and chocolate an things which make me 'feel better' but really are just a hindrance to weight loss! I'm just hoping that the sheer amount of blood they took from me yesterday will help :p

I will definitely a at least start doing my food diary again, hopefully with pictures and the like as I remember how much I used to love doing all that, was also wondering if an of you fab lot had any ideas for things that motivate you or to do to cheer you up when you feel down and just want to eat everything in sight?

Katie xxxxxx

Aw poor thing, I know how you feel as I was in hospital then home sick for a couple of weeks recently and it's hard to stay motivated!

Do you have a slow cooker? If so why not throw some yummy soups/stews etc in there so you can rest while dinner cooks?

Also why not take the time you're feeling ill to read through loads of yummy recipe books for inspiration? It always makes me feel more like cooking and you could do an online supermarket order if you can't face shopping x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning everyone, hope you are all doing okay!

I've just mentally scolded myself for taking so long between posting at the moment and realise that no matter how busy I am I should always make time for mins and the friends I've made here as it really keeps me going in terms of motivation!

It's weigh in day today, which I am not feeling too hopeful about, I've been in and out of the doctors and hospital at the mo as I've been really poorly for the past month and seems that I have glandular fever, so I'm off work at the mo, surrounded by temptations like ice cream and chocolate an things which make me 'feel better' but really are just a hindrance to weight loss! I'm just hoping that the sheer amount of blood they took from me yesterday will help :p

I will definitely a at least start doing my food diary again, hopefully with pictures and the like as I remember how much I used to love doing all that, was also wondering if an of you fab lot had any ideas for things that motivate you or to do to cheer you up when you feel down and just want to eat everything in sight?

Katie xxxxxx

Hey Katie! Nice to see you posting again, although very sorry to hear you're poorly. Hope you make a speedy recovery :bighug:

In terms of motivation or things to cheer you up, why not make a photo album with all of your before/during/after pictures? I had a spare photo album lying around the house, so I decided to do this - although I have been a bit lazy with it as of late and it does need some updating!! Obviously it just has before and during photographs at the moment, but my aim is to eventually fill the second half of it with some lovely after photo's of me. Next to each photograph I've written the date and my weight at that time. It's also got "proud moment" photo's in there, such as me wearing my Woman of the Year banner, etc. It really gives you something to do when you're tempted to reach for something naughty! I also find that when I'm feeling a bit down, a quick flick through that soon picks me up and makes me realise how far I've come!

If I'm feeling tempted by stuff I should be avoiding, I also like to get out my big stack of SW magazines. Re-reading the inspirational stories and the yummy recipes always seems to get me re-motivated. Also try re-reading your pack. I know we've been doing this for quite a while, and probably know the plan inside out, but sometimes it's nice just to re-jog your memory.

I also find that doing something completely non-food related can take my mind off any temptation. I like to have a nice hot bubble bath, paint my nails or try out a new hair style. I find the craving usually passes after 5-10 minutes and I've saved myself a whole load of Syns!

Hope to see you posting more often, we've missed you. Feel better soon xxxxx

Thanks Hun :)

The photo album is a fab idea! I love the thought of having something to look at and be able to see the difference 4 stone can really make! I think when I get paid I might go t boots and get some pictures developed!

I've also done some baking this morning to try and inspire me! I made two scan bran cakes, a curly wurly one at 12 syns for the cake (4 for scan bran, 6 for curly wurly, 2 for chocolate options) and a spiced banana and csyrup cake (4 for scan bran, 5 for mashed banana and 2 for syrup)

Also going to make a ham and sweet corn soup for lunch! It's lovely to be back into the swing of things and to be trying out new recipes as I got stuck in a rut of eating the same things!

Thanks for the fab idea Hun! I will post pics once I am done making it! :)

Xxxxx

Attachments

• image-853524652.jpg
    image-853524652.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1338728247.jpg
    image-1338728247.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 36
The soup and the cakes look delicious :D

So sorry you've been so ill :bighug:

Maybe you could treat yourself to a new outfit when you get the weight loss moving again? But Stevie's idea about a photo album is brilliant xx

EmmyR1984 said:
The soup and the cakes look delicious :D

So sorry you've been so ill :bighug:

Maybe you could treat yourself to a new outfit when you get the weight loss moving again? But Stevie's idea about a photo album is brilliant xx

I've been diagnosed with glandular fever; it's really hard as work are getting snarky I think because I'm having time off :( boo

Food was really lovely, none of it stayed down though!!

Definitely think I need some new clothes as a lot of mine are getting too big now!

Hope you're okay hun xxxxx

Morning all :)

Depressingly reporting a 2.5lb gain last night, according to the doctors I have glandular fever so I'm thinking my body has been retaining everything!

Food for today is as follows
Breakfast: stevies toffee apple magic porridge (HExB of porridge oats, apple and muller light yoghurt) oh my this was DELICIOUS!!!!

Lunch; cumin hummus fritters with salad (will upload pics)

Dinner: ??

Sorry to hear about your gain hun, and glandular fever! Lots of people seem to be quite poorly at the moment :( Hope you make a speedy recovery - that is more important than SW at the moment.

Glad you enjoyed the toffee apple porridge! Yummy :drool: I suggested it at my group on Tues and it seemed to go down a treat there too! Your hummus fritters sound veryyy nice! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Have a great weekend and just focus on getting better xxxxx

Princess_Stevie said:
Sorry to hear about your gain hun, and glandular fever! Lots of people seem to be quite poorly at the moment :( Hope you make a speedy recovery - that is more important than SW at the moment.

Glad you enjoyed the toffee apple porridge! Yummy :drool: I suggested it at my group on Tues and it seemed to go down a treat there too! Your hummus fritters sound veryyy nice! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Have a great weekend and just focus on getting better xxxxx

Thanks hun, feeling rotten but looking forward to heading back to work :)

It was so so tasty! I really enjoyed it .. Can see it becoming a regular thing!

The hummus fritters were okay... A bit bland so they would need a nice dip to go with them definitely!!

Xxxxx

Attachments

• image-1182216697.jpg
    image-1182216697.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 35
Morning all :) been another poorly weekend but am back into sw and am back at work today so just going to pop up my food;

Breakfast: porridge (HExB) with choc Philadelphia (HExA) and a banana.

Lunch: salad (lettuce cucumber tomato and carrot) with roasted chicken, 2 baby satsumas, an apple and a muller (1.5 syns)

Dinner is unknown xxxxxx

Ooooo didn't think you could have the chocolate philly as a Healthy Extra! How much are you allowed? xxxxx

:bighug: sorry about the gain and the glandular fever, and work getting funny about you needing time off. It's not as though you WANT to be ill :(

EmmyR1984 said:
:bighug: sorry about the gain and the glandular fever, and work getting funny about you needing time off. It's not as though you WANT to be ill :(

Hey hun :) thanks for the kind words, it's a nightmare as I'm constantly tired which is making body magic a problem!!!

Work is all sorted now which is a relief :) hope you're okay xxxxx

Back