Bop's Road to Holiday!

Bedtime for me! Going on an archaeological dig tomorrow as part of my forensic taphonomy/human remains recovery module at uni to excavate a skeleton for one of my field reports. A full 5 hours digging up a 2m squared trench, so going to be getting LOTS of body magic in tomorrow! Just hoping the weather doesn't turn typical Preston and rain the whole time. Thank god for waterproof clothing and crime scene suits :p
Quick food plan for tomorrow as its a bit of a mismatch due to being in the field 9-4.

Breakfast - cup of tea and possibly an apple. (1/2 syn)

Lunch (This will be spread out throughout the day as and when we get breaks from digging) - tuna pasta salad (3 syns) apple, alpen light (1/2 HexB) and funsize mars bar (4 syns) with big flask of tea (2 syns for milk)

Dinner - honey and mustard marinated chicken (2 syns) with cheesy mash (HexA) + veggies.

Think i'll be tired by the time I get back tomorrow so wanted something nice and easy.

1 x HexA
1/2 HexB
syns - 12

Katie xxxx

Really not feeling optimistic about weigh in tomorrow. Scales are showing me as 3.5lbs up. Had a 100% week so no idea why this is :( drinking lots of water and having a small dinner tonight to try and counteract it but wondering if i'm going to sts or gain for the 4th week in a row :'(

Starting to lose faith...

Hey hun, I'm in the same boat. It's horrible especially when you know you've been 100%. Have you tried emailing the slimming world team your food diary online? I've seen a few people mentioning it on other threads just so they can see if they pick up on anything that could be affecting your weight loss, worth a try!
Chin up, might suprise yourself tomorrow.. never know! :) xx

Hey hun, I'm in the same boat. It's horrible especially when you know you've been 100%. Have you tried emailing the slimming world team your food diary online? I've seen a few people mentioning it on other threads just so they can see if they pick up on anything that could be affecting your weight loss, worth a try!
Chin up, might suprise yourself tomorrow.. never know! :) xx

thank you hun, it sounds really whingey now I read it back to myself, its just been a long day and I was hoping i'd see some results from the work that i've done. Going to write everything down from tomorrow and if I see nothing in the next couple weeks I may definitely try, its just really frustrating, Sorry for whinging!! xxxx

Aww hun, big hugs :bighug:Come on now, you can do this!! xxxxx

I know I can, i'm just really gutted, I really wanted to be close to target by the time we go on holiday and looks like i'm only going to be about 1/3 of the way there, but still, I know I have to keep going. Don't do as much exercise as I should so i'm going to try and do a half hour workout 3x a week and hopefully that should help, with toning up alongside weight loss... I hope.

Just wanted to be nice and happy in myself for holiday, rather than having to worry about wearing tights and leggings, which I think i'll have to do now :( xxx

hello hun, sorry about your gain but you know you've had a 100% week and haven't cheated so please cheer up. I know it sounds patronizing. How about having more superfree or something like that? It can be the little things that could be the difference between losing and gaining. Maybe your body has gone into shock? It does happen :) Please please please cheer up and be happy, if you really are concerned about it then read back through your food diary to see if anything sticks out to you xxxxx

hello hun, sorry about your gain but you know you've had a 100% week and haven't cheated so please cheer up. I know it sounds patronizing. How about having more superfree or something like that? It can be the little things that could be the difference between losing and gaining. Maybe your body has gone into shock? It does happen :) Please please please cheer up and be happy, if you really are concerned about it then read back through your food diary to see if anything sticks out to you xxxxx

Aww thank you hun, such a lovely post :) I'm feeling a little better now, I really need to up my superfree, watch portion sizes and do more exercise, so I started my 3x a week hard workout rule today, and am guzzling lots of water and having lots of veg but minimal potatoes with dinner. I also eat too much pasta so i'm going to cut down on that see if the carbs are whats doing it!

Seriously though, thank you for the post, its the lovely messages like yours and stevies earlier which keep me going :D I'll get there eventually! xxxxx

:bighug: sorry about the gain hun, but you can do this, and once it snaps back into place, it'll be long gone

I've seen those piccies you've put up and the most recent ones you look absolutely amazing, so please don't feel like you have to hide yourself away in clothes xx

Aww thank you hun, such a lovely post :) I'm feeling a little better now, I really need to up my superfree, watch portion sizes and do more exercise, so I started my 3x a week hard workout rule today, and am guzzling lots of water and having lots of veg but minimal potatoes with dinner. I also eat too much pasta so i'm going to cut down on that see if the carbs are whats doing it!

Seriously though, thank you for the post, its the lovely messages like yours and stevies earlier which keep me going :D I'll get there eventually! xxxxx

Aw, you're welcome hun :)
On the pasta subject, the first week I was on Slimming World I did nothing but eat pasta and potatoes and I STS. I do think it was something to do with that. I cut it out and lost the week after.... might be worth a go!
I hope you're feeling better xxxx

Hi all,

Big apologies for going absolutely AWOL since weigh in day last Thursday, I was feeling very sorry for myself and that combined with going to stay with my sister whoI haven't seen in months resulted in eating and drinking anything I like. Fortunately we did a lot of walking around Nottingham and i'm only up 1lb. Its really given me a kick up the bum to not get upset at a small gain as it happens. So i'm currently sat with my healthy breakfast having planned a healthy lunch and dinner, i've set myself 6 mini goals which should take me within lbs of my target by the time I go off on holiday. But i've realised that even if I don't hit them on time i'm still going to lose as much as I can and be proud of it, so heres hoping this burst of good attitude sticks around and results in tasty meals!

Food plan for today...

Breakfast - Porridge (HexB) with a banana and cinnamon and 1 syn of honey.
Lunch - couscous with mixed veg and morroccan spices.
Dinner - Beef and bean hotpot with cabbage.

Daily syns - 1 (will use some up later!)

Katie xxx

:bighug: it's good to see you back hun

I've had to adjust my target for our holiday too and really throwing myself in it, so fingers crossed :D

Back