BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

So, another Wed WI this am and I just about made it back to where I was 2 weeks ago having had a very indulgent weekend in between and I've spent the next 9 days getting back to where I was. So, 12.8lbs to go. I did briefly see a 7.8 on the scales one day so I have been a pound lower than this it was only there for 1 day never to be seen again. My current plan has me stepped up to around 800 calories during the week while I'm at work and around 1000 calories at the weekends. I'm still using the packs (2 per day) and keeping carbs relatively low. I'm hoping to lose a bit more like that and then start thinking about introducing more carbs at the weekends at least. The Jubilee holiday has had me eating more the last couple of days but I've been under my BMR each day and I'm trying to stay around 1000 calories from now on until I go back to work next Monday when my 800 regime starts again. I'm ok with losing the last bit more slowly now. It's not nearly as urgent as the first 6 stone!

WI day today! As I was on hols last week it wasn't quite as easy as when I'm at work but the 800 weekday / 1000 weekend regime seems to be reasonably easy to follow if I make sensible choices and today I weighed in at 11st 6.6lbs meaning that I lost 2.2lbs last week which I'm happy with. Just 0.6lbs away from 6 stone lost and 10.6lbs from goal. Getting there!

Plain soya yoghurt and stewed rhubarb is my new favourite food. Low calorie, relatively low carb, and just gorgeous! An added bonus is that I've pretty much stayed away from the bars since discovering it and I will be buying more!

Fantastic! Well done you!

Got down to 160lbs this am, my original goal, and exactly 6 stone lost - woo hoo! 10lbs exactly to go (new goal is 150lbs which is BMI 25).

Good job!

You excited?! How does 10lbs feel?

10lbs seems quite close, although it took a lot less time to lose 10lbs at the start of my journey that it does now, but I'm ok with that. Wonder where I'll lose it from? :)

My MFP post wouldn't post - so dropping by to say YEA! Well done, You!

Over 1/3 less BG - but all the important bits there and working easier. I've lost the equivalent of my goddaughter - who is already in secondary school.....how did we carry 6 stone+ around all day?

I know it's completely mental to think that I was carrying the equivalent of a child around with me constantly, or more than 2 sacks of dog food. I used to hate walking up the hill to work from the train station, now I positively storm up there :). And the inside of my trousers don't wear out now that my thighs aren't constantly rubbing together!

I seem to have eaten loads today (and still have dinner to go) yet will be under my 1000 calorie weekend target. I'm recording this so that a. I can see that I can eat loads on under 1000 calories and b. so that other people can see too (I'm refeeding and counting calories).

Breakfast was a bar
Lunch was a salad (lettuce, tomato, raddish, spring onion, yellow pepper, cucumber and 50g of Asda Chinese chicken breast topped with a squirt of extra light mayo), plus 2 Finn Crisp crispbreads topped with a little light Dairylea cheese spread.
As an afternoon snack I had 125g of quark plus 5 Werthers sugar free sweets (my weekend treat :)). And a couple of cups of coffee with soya milk (getting used to the taste and quite like it now after a shaky start - it's just different).
Dinner is in the oven and I'm having a Birds Eye chicken chargrill and roasted veg (celeriac, courgette, leek, mushrooms and peppers). Then I've factored in some strawberries (4!) topped with soya yoghurt although I may or may not have that depending on how I feel later.

All in all I'm under 1000 calories and just under 70g of carbs. Maintenance will be a breeze! (yeah, right! ;)).

Hi x
Hope you don't mind me subscribing to your diary you have done brilliantly and I need inspiration stories like yours to keep me going as an determined to do this this time x am just reading through this diary and it's getting me thro the tough days x

Feel free Katierose. I'm pleased if I can help some people stick with it. It definitely works if you stick with it. I can't believe how I feel today compared to last summer. I'm planning when I can wear shorts and strappy tops (if the weather ever improves!) instead of trying to cover up and stay in the background. It's amazing.

Thank you for the warm welcome x and I want to really finish my journey now and go you with the shorts !! I'm on page 23 off your diary and I wrote your stats down as where I ve gone wrong before is if I had a low loss or sts I would give up So u really have inspired me that I can do this this time. X

You should read my first diary (link in the first post) as that's when I started my journey. For reasons best known to myself I spilt my diary into 2 - I have no idea why now :). My losses have been pretty slow this year but they were better when I started last year. Having said that I'm still 2 stone lighter from where I got to before Xmas. I've been on 800 calories for the last while and I've now stepped up to 800 weekdays / 1000 weekends to complete my weight loss. I'm still using the mealpacks but less of them and I have introduced more food. This is the educational part of my journey - learning to eat well and healthily but still at a level that allows me to lose weight. I'm really enjoying this bit actually. Interestingly I know that I couldn't have done calorie counting for the whole lot but somehow the break from food and discipline of the food packs has allowed me to embrace calorie counting quite easily.

Hi Bordersgirl I'm sherrie. You are truly amazing to stick to this since last summer. Insprirational isn't the word. Your grand petal. Hope u dont feel like I'm treading on your toes. I always feel like that. Aww strappy top and shorts. That's what I'm hoping for next year. Ur grand petal :) x

Hi sherrie, there is one certainty on this diet. If you stick to it you will lose the weight. I was that desperate to lose the weight in all honestly sticking to it wasn't too awful, even though I didn't lose as fast as other people seemed to. That can be disheartening however there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. What other people lose or weigh is completely outside your control, you can only do what you can do, and lose at the rate that your body allows it, frustrating or not! As you will see if you read my diary I had breaks built in at around the 12 week stage (apart from the first one which was a pre planned holiday) and these helped me to stay focused as it broke the journey down into phases so I could visualise a mini end point. I know I couldn't have stuck to the mealpacks all the way through though so the protein and veg were my saviours, especially in the last few months. I got to the stage a couple of months ago where it felt right to step up and continue my journey a little more slowly. I got to the stage where I felt fine in my own skin and the additional weight to lose was the icing on the cake so I began my refeed very slowly and deliberately. It's slower progress but the point is that I'm able to stick with it and I'm continuing to lose the last few pounds. I love this diet :)

I think with a refeed the slower the better. It's all about learning abput your body and what different types of food do for you. You've done so well BG! Can't wait to see your 'I've reach goal' thread!

I will read the first part first and then this one x I too an breaking this up into sizeable chunks and I will do a break but will be sensible at the 12 week point thank you for your help you and weasey are very informative and helpful which is just what I need x

BordersGirl said:
Hi sherrie, there is one certainty on this diet. If you stick to it you will lose the weight. I was that desperate to lose the weight in all honestly sticking to it wasn't too awful, even though I didn't lose as fast as other people seemed to. That can be disheartening however there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. What other people lose or weigh is completely outside your control, you can only do what you can do, and lose at the rate that your body allows it, frustrating or not! As you will see if you read my diary I had breaks built in at around the 12 week stage (apart from the first one which was a pre planned holiday) and these helped me to stay focused as it broke the journey down into phases so I could visualise a mini end point. I know I couldn't have stuck to the mealpacks all the way through though so the protein and veg were my saviours, especially in the last few months. I got to the stage a couple of months ago where it felt right to step up and continue my journey a little more slowly. I got to the stage where I felt fine in my own skin and the additional weight to lose was the icing on the cake so I began my refeed very slowly and deliberately. It's slower progress but the point is that I'm able to stick with it and I'm continuing to lose the last few pounds. I love this diet :)

Thanks for that advice Bordersgirl after yesterday's blip on day 2 I shall take this advice on board. I now realise the hunger of getting into Ketosis and mind games. I am an emotional eater. My sister is doing this also and she suggested to me going for counselling after a very messy divorce. My ex had an affair and I've never truely got over it. So I think I will go for counselling. But it's expensive!!! I maybe might try and buy a book on emotional eating. I think the reason why I caved in big time yesterday was because my period started. Well that's my excuse lol. But I'm really gonna have to be mindful now of TOTM!!!! But I know it was getting into Ketosis too. I can't describe the hunger I felt. But I'm not giving in yet!!! Obviously if I keep going off the rails then I will have to join WW but Thankyou so much petal and I will defo take you're advice on board like taking a break on low carb foods. You are grand petal. And well done for sticking at it all this time and doing it the way it's suits you and not falling off the wagon or caving in completely as like you said you are a slow at losing. You are so right about everybody being different on slow or fast weightloss. I will make sure that I don't get frustrated too. Obviously I will lose weight quick the first week.
Coz very obese and know its water weight. But one thing I will do is make sure I don't weigh myself everyday. Thanks hunny for that!!! And hope you get to your goal soon. :) xxxx

I ran today!

I actually ran today. I can't really remember the last time I did that other than it was probably about 6 years ago. I'm not very good at the whole 'exercise because it's good for you' thing, I've only ever really been interested in exercise when there was a point to it like a competition, or a team game etc. I used to get a lot of exercise when I was younger. I did hockey, netball, squash, running, show jumping, eventing, and various other things. I was slim and fit. Gave it all up when I started to work in London and became a party animal instead. Kept slim because my wild evenings didn't involve food, just alcohol, and whilst no doubt not good for the liver I wasn't fat, just wild :). Then the partying was replaced by a steady relationship, cooking for 2, living life at a more sedentary pace, and generally eating more, moving less.

But today I ran. It was pre empted by leaving the office very late for my train. I had a choice. Choose to run as fast as I could to the station and try to catch the train or amble down and wait half an hour for the next one. The fat me would have ambled down. For one thing I couldn't have run all the way plus I certainly would not have wanted to draw attention to myself. But this time the competitive me kicked in again and I wanted to catch that train. I felt normal running for the train, like any other person in the same position. Without the flipping traffic lights not in my favour I would have made it. The train pulled out just as I reached the platform. So then I thought that if only the next train would pull in soon I could jump on that, and try to catch my train up at the next stop by negotiating my way to another platform. Next train pulled in and I worked out that I would have about 3 minutes to get on the train before it pulled out. The chances of catching a train that was ahead of me were slim but it was worth a shot. So I ran like hell, as fast as I could over to platform 11. And I made it, just! I couldn't breathe or speak when I got on the train but it felt good to have actually managed to run again after so long.

Fanatstic BG! Go you! All that weight being lost has made a huge difference to the choices hat ou make. You must have used up a good few calories in the process too!

Back