BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Down a little bit this am to 13st 4.8lbs so getting pretty close to the 12s now and 27lbs to go :)

You will be there before you know it BG! Keeping my fingers are crossed you get to your next target with no problems!! x

Last edited:
The 12s are only a whisper away and you are right, the time flies by.

I so agree with what you say about keeping going though. Because of my previous 4 stones weight loss, I hear comments like 'you don't need to lose any more now' and 'if you carry on with this, you will be too thin! Well, I wish!!!! Starting at over 15 stones and now at just over 11 hardly makes me Kate Moss! I am still a size 16 top (although 12/14 bottom) and need to lose another stone to take me into the high end of 'normal' (and BMI below 25) so I am still pretty overweight.

Of course it's marvellous that we are shifting large amounts of weight, but I'm sure you're with me in that we do not want to go back on the slippery slope. Like you BG, I need to feel motivated and the fairly quick weight loss kept me going. I don't think I want to become complacent though so I need to get to my target which was initially 10 stones but I revisited this when I started up again in 2012. Now that I am almost within a stone of that target, I know that there is most certainly more than a stone of fat hanging around! It is indeed about how you feel and now that I can see the beginning of a shape, I know that I probably need to go below 10 stones. Trouble is, I was obese for so long, that I cannot really remember what was my perfect weight - probably just before I got married over 25 years ago:sigh:

Anyway, sorry about the long rant, but I think what I am trying to say is that I totally agree you do what is right for you. You have mentioned your goals and aspirations and you will indeed know when you get there.

Keep posting on here though, and take the credit - you ARE an inspiration.

Last edited:
I 'sort of' :) remember the weight I feel reasonably comfortable at and it was 11.5 stone last time I was slimmer so that's what I'm aiming for this time. I'll get to find out for sure when I get there though as I haven't been that size for 7 years. I'll still be in the overweight category but it'll be a long way from morbidly obese where I started and I might just have a chance of maintaining at that weight. If I can be a 14 or thereabouts I'll be delighted.

When I was much younger I felt good between 8.5 and 9 stone but those days are long long gone and I'd be far too wrinkly at that weight now :)

Down another 0.6lbs this am (every little counts :)) to 13st 4.2lbs. 0.2lbs to go to have 26lbs left. 4.2lbs to next goal that I hope to achieve next week. I have lost 1lb so far this week, 4 more days to go. I think you can safely say that my losses are slow but steady :)

I think you have done amazingly well, I am comfortable at 11.5 stone too, I lost weight when I was 15 and went lower and I couldn't keep it up, I didn't look healthy so I hope to end up around 11st ish too. You are on the final countdown now, can't wait to be in your position! xxx

Those charts that measure height and give ideal weight have me lower than what I'm aiming for-I'm also looking at the 11 stone range. I think it's ok to carry a bit more weight when older and you are right BG, the wrinkles do kick in when the flab departs!! But that's ok too (ish!)

the wrinkles do kick in when the flab departs!! But that's ok too (ish!)

Yes, up to a point but I don't want to get to the stage where I'm all wrinkles (not that I will - even 26lbs left seems quite daunting at the moment!).

Down another 0.8lbs this am to 13st 3.4lbs. Getting there slowly :)

Its interesting to see how your losses have differed week by week BG Seems as though your first break did your body good and after that you lost quite alot for that 8 week period. Its really interesting to see someone who has done a long journey on S&S I think it helps us newbies realise that a large amount of weight can be lost quickly, but also reminds us that there are weeks that we may sts, but if you just stick at it you can get there.

Thanks for adding your stats etc xxx

I do find that things speed up a bit after a break, but then you have to lose what you gained over that week so overall you're probably worse off than if you'd stuck with it. Sometimes I just need a break though. My next one is set for Easter if I haven't made it to goal by then.

I don't often include my signature on 'normal' posts as it's long but usually show it when I'm recording a weekly WI or when someone has asked me what my weekly losses have been (or sometimes I forget to take it off). In the 2 weeks before the run up to Xmas I had 1 completely off plan meal, and some other ketogenic meals where I was being good :). I did snack a bit in the run up to Xmas too as there was food absolutely bloody everywhere and I was finding it hard. I have renewed enthusiasm since I restarted after Xmas having really enjoyed the break. I find that breaks (but not too often) help me but quite often you see people on here have a break and then disappear, never to be seen again. I guess they just can't face going back on the diet having had a break from it, or maybe they're dismayed by the gain they have whilst on the break not realising that they'll lose most of it in their first week back. It really depends on the type of person you are I think.

Oh and I was totally gutted with my loss on week 6! No idea what happened there as I was 100%.

I hope you realise you are the long-termer we are all monitoring closely BG! It's useful to check out your stats too. I know we all lose at different rates but to see you suck it up and carry on, even when the loss is tiny, slow or whatever, well there should be another word for it but 'inspirational' will do for me! I love the way you have broken your last 2 stone down into pounds, hacking each one off as you progress towards goal! Great idea.

Thanks Giza :). I'm mostly ok now and in the zone but it's still hard on occasions (today being a case in point) and I'm not going to lie and say it's all plain sailing as it still requires commitment on a daily basis. Oh, and I nicked the idea of tracking the last couple of stone from someone else's signature :). I'm always looking for news ways of motivating myself, and changing the remaining pounds from red to green seemed a good way.

There are also lots of motivational quotes about diets, some of which are thought provoking and some plain funny. Some of my favourites are below:

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork

A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment!

The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to eat what you've just learned how to cook

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels

To lengthen your life, shorten your meals

Dieting is not a piece of cake

I lied on my Weight Watchers list. I put down that I had 3 eggs... but they were Cadbury chocolate eggs

When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad

If you wish to grow thinner, diminish your dinner

Brilliant, I've copied all of these BG. I do some of them too; esp the one where someone gives you a compliment and I mutter about how it's early days. I'm stopping that, right now!

I still do that one too. Every time someone says I look good and remarks on the amount of weight I've lost, I say I still have 2 stone to go. Must stop that really!

I've never done the one about getting stuff out of the bin - but probably mainly because our dogs eat all leftovers so they're not leftovers for long. It makes me smile though! :)

Back