BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

I managed ok just now with the shaker using hot - I put in 100ml of cold, then the pack, then shook. I then added another 200ml or so of hot (waited a minute or two after boiling), took the pourer cap off so the unit wasn't tightly sealed and shook gently(with a couple of paper towels over the opening) Then put in mug. It was fine and beautifully mixed!!

Not sure if I fancy hot strawberry, and hot banana? Just sounds like something else entirely lol!! xx

I've tried like that Scotbean but the steam builds up and the little button thing on the lid pops up and sprays shake everywhere. At work it's not that practical. Sprayed all over my black shirt recently - classy ay!

I do like the banana ones but maybe I'll stick to having them cold :)

The key is waiting for the water to be off the boil, like ScotBean did.

Too much steam and you get disaster...there's a certain hotel room in a lovely tudor street in Stratford on Avon that got chocolate everywhere my first morning! So glad I had an extra top to wear as I was going to business meetings! And it was that lovely white linen on the bed.....oooh dear.

I saw you said 'I can do this one as I can stick to the rules'. So as I am already committed to keeping it off, I'm wondering what are your plans, Borders Girl, to lead the way on keeping it off?

Ali

Hmm, well there is a thread in the refeeding / maintenance sub forum that explains my random ideas so far :). Essentially being frugal whilst at work so a variety of things such as a shake (yes, I still intend using them post diet), a banana, an apple, low fat / sugar yoghurt, salad and low calorie dressing / protein, cereal bar (but not the sugary ones) so pretty low cal / lowish carb (but not ketosis low). Then evening meal will be light with protein and veggies but no refined carbs mostly. That should leave me the weekend to indulge in things such as alcohol (hope to largely cut it out during the week), more carby meals and some treats. I'm hoping that the lower calories during the week will offset any excess during the weekend but it will not be an exact science so I'll need to play it by ear.

Previously I was having

Breakfast - 2 slices of toast or pancakes with maple syrup at home and a banana or something when I got to work
Lunch - a baguette loaded with tuna mayo, egg mayo or savoury cheese filling, or a panini, plus a packet of crisps
Hit the vending machine for chocolate in the afternoon (although admittedly only a couple of times a week tops)
Evening - wine (well once the bottle is open it you have to finish it don't you?), a large meal (curry, lasagne, pizza, spag bol, chilli etc) served from a big plate in the evening, and maybe a late snack later when the alcohol gave me the munchies.

So I wasn't exactly set for being a normal weight. Modifying my behaviour is key and I do have some experience of it as I maintained for 2 years post the VLCD I did 7 years ago. It went awol when I started travelling for my job and expanded (literally!) from there. So I do know what I need to do to maintain - I just need to get on and do it continuously. The smaller plate is already selected - no more enormous dinner plates, think something a bit bigger than a side plate.

Plus much more regular weighing so if I'm putting on I can adjust things before it becomes a daunting amount and need to follow a proper diet again although I'm quite willing to accept that I might be back doing something like Cambridge 810 if things increase too much. Post holidays or Xmas might be times that I would consider something like that for a couple of weeks or so. I know it's going to be a constant battle to be honest but one I want to win.

So we shall see!

sounds good to me, I plan to up my exercise and weigh once a week when I am at goal, allow myself more naughty foods at weekends and would like keep weight down using slimming world x

Its quite frighting tha yes this is actually something we will alwasy have to contend with and fight(over indulging and then not doing anything about it).

Even when i was exercising madly lol(not of my own will i might add!) I still didnt think about wha i was eaing or how it would effect me, just wolved down anything i fancied andwhen you stop exercising madly and so the same, oh dear faty bum bum turns up in the mirror.

I hope that all this dieting and learning about carbs and protein and getting your RDA of nutrients and vitamins is sinking in, cos im really going to need to apply it in earnest in a few months time.

BG and Tara: those sound like good plans. Habits....yup I am sure that's key to get good ones.

One successful maintainers says he cuts down before he knows he's going to have a celebration meal. That way, he takes action first then gets back to target. He dropped a few lbs before Xmas and so didnt put on over his maintenance weight. Another woman I know only eats pudding once a week. I think I would want to plan pudding more than that! But I like the idea of differentiating between week days and weekends, or maybe even one day out of 7 for high calorie/fat things.

I don't like the idea of labelling food good or bad as I think that's not good psychology for me. I think I want to feel I can an appropriate portion of whatever I'd like to avoid setting myself up for binges.

I'm hoping my tastes will have changed, and that I will sustain my new habit of taking my provisons when I travel rather than buying things to eat at the garage or train station.

Looking back at what happened before, I would just slide upwards regaining. So new clothes and a commitment to action will help. Alizonners weigh in monthly for a year, and more if they wish.

I like the fact some maintainers are still posting here.

Ali

Made it to 60lbs exactly this am :). 13st 2.0lbs. Wishing that 2lbs gone now so that I can get into the 12s.

fantastic!! 60lbs what an achievement!!! xxx

That is absolutely brilliant! You must feel fantastic about yourself now. What a brilliant start to the weekend. Well done

it's a tough one as my MO up until now is diet, stop dieting, pile weight back on, diet, stop dieting...you get the picture. I will have to do some serious research, but not yet. Researching solid food is not where my head is at yet, but good points BG, as ever! One thing I do know is that I rarely ate a huge meal when at my worst, rather I grazed, constantly and badly throughout the day...no more grazing! That's for cows! :)

I did eat large meals, and I grazed. A lethal combination.

I had days where I grazed and never really ate anything of any susbstantial value, just crap basically. And days where I'd be better but eat large portions!

And worse, if I'd grazed all day and wasn't hungry I'd still eat as the OH wanted a meal so I cooked one for both of us. That's so not happening when I maintain!

And worse, if I'd grazed all day and wasn't hungry I'd still eat as the OH wanted a meal so I cooked one for both of us. That's so not happening when I maintain!
Yep i did this and to make up for fact i had dieted and deprived me off sweets i would pig out on chocolate bars and cakes possibly a packet a day ontop of gorging on large meals and snacks, just a damn pig really,

Hey BG,fantastic,well done! I can't wait to get there!

Loooove reading ur posts,make sure u'll stay with us when maintaining!

X

I basically lived on ........ Can you guess??? Lol xx

Back