BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Starlight said:
I dont think I've got MFP set up properly. Where do you input your carbs etc

You can't do it in the app you do it on the website. Goals/Change Goals/Custom.

Ahhh right I've never used the website. I just have it set for my calorie intake

I love MFP both to track calories, and whilst on this diet carbs and protein too. Like Weasey says it allows me to have things that aren't 100% S&S as like Weasey I've upped the calories a little to 800 per day as I've stepped up a bit as I approach goal. So today I have 29 carbs left to stay within my 60g per day limit and have a meal planned that will be around 28 carbs. Because I wanted that particular meal it allowed me to carefully choose my carbs for the rest of the day to come in around 30 and I changed one of my choices as it would have put me over. Without MFP I'd have been struggling with doing the calculations in my head. Definitely going to be a tool for life for me I hope!

Loopeylou said:
I only use he iPhone app, it automatically calculates your carb, you can view the levels under Home-Daily. Really great app x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The only thing to watch is that to be in ketosis you should stay with a carb level of 60g a day max - that is unlikely to be the default max value in MFP - you can set it on the website to represent that.

weasey said:
The only thing to watch is that to be in ketosis you should stay with a carb level of 60g a day max - that is unlikely to be the default max value in MFP - you can set it on the website to represent that.

My 4 packs and milk average 60g carb but that doesn't include a bouillon drink. One day I did 65g carb and still in ketosis, is this ok? X

So this morning I tried on the smallest clothes I have in my wardrobe. All of the clothes I was wearing last time I did a VLCD now fit apart from my nice bras that seem to be a cup size too small annoyingly and I'm not sure why as I was more or less the same weight as I am now. Maybe I'm even more saggy 6 years on :(. So I have shorts, crop trousers, swimwear (doubt I'll be wearing that!), vest tops, tee-shirts and camisoles all ready for summer :). I bought a stack of clothes for a holiday to Jamaica and they all fit nicely now :). Maybe I should book another holiday in the sun?

I have a few things that don't fit yet still with tags attached as I bought clothes in the size smaller than I was at the time when I was doing a VLCD last time and never ended up fitting into them. I am hopeful that I will get in them this time though! I'm feeling quite positive about the diet now as I got into the 160s yesterday which leaves me with 9.6lbs to go to get to my original goal of 6 stone lost which will see me weighing 160lbs exactly. I'm trying for 2lbs per week now having stepped up to 800 calories but that's still only 5 weeks away in theory!

I have to admit that this weekend is the first weekend I've started to feel properly 'normal'. I think that fitting into all of my old holiday clothes has helped. It's strange as I thought I was quite slim when I went to Jamaica but I don't feel particularly slim when wearing shorts etc yet this time round even though all of the clothes fit. Not quite sure why that is but hopefully it means that my head will still be in a place where I want to lose more weight. I still have a fair bit of flab to lose in various places but when covered up I look 'normal' in terms of weight and it's a good feeling.

I just ordered 20 'Look What We Found' meals. They are having a sale in March with 25% off and I got another 10% off for being a new customer, and another 10% off and free delivery for spending over £40. I mainly picked out the items that are under 30g of carbs and between 200 - 300 calories and ordered at least 1 of all of the things I thought I'd like, a bit like a S&S sample pack. I may have the odd one at weekends with low carb veggies as I'm allowing myself a few more calories at weekends than during the week but mainly I intend to use them for stepping up / maintenance when I can't be bothered to cook during the week. Apparently they make meals for Diet Chef that a number of people use to help them move to maintenance so hopefully they should be OK.

Would be nice to get into the 11s by WI on Wed - 1.6lbs to go!

My 4 packs and milk average 60g carb but that doesn't include a bouillon drink. One day I did 65g carb and still in ketosis, is this ok?

Everyone is different in terms of carb sensitivity but personally I don't go over 60g as a general rule as I don't want to risk coming out of ketosis. Some people can have more than 60g but don't bank on being one of them. I don't have 4 packs - I do the protein meal instead of a 4th pack so tend to stay under the 60g fairly easily.

Was that from the main look what we found site? As I might order a load too

BordersGirl said:
Everyone is different in terms of carb sensitivity but personally I don't go over 60g as a general rule as I don't want to risk coming out of ketosis. Some people can have more than 60g but don't bank on being one of them. I don't have 4 packs - I do the protein meal instead of a 4th pack so tend to stay under the 60g fairly easily.

I've had 2 shakes so far today, planning chilli later then another shake. I have had my 150ml skimmed milk and that's bang on 60g but scared to think if adding veg - 200g cooked cauliflower adds 8g. I haven't had veg yet as just doing 4 packs but I know that others have 4 packs and there veg which is what s&s advise to do....I don't want to come out of ketosis.
How can s&s recommend 4 packs and veg - even more carbs if using one bar a day....worried now lol x

Yeah, the main site.

How can s&s recommend 4 packs and veg - even more carbs if using one bar a day....worried now

It's just the limit I set myself to be honest, it's not S&S's limit. I know that they suggest cutting out the milk and veg to people who are struggling to get into ketosis when they start. Everyone is different, that's all I'm saying. 60g might be too much for some people whilst others I believe can go right up to 100g and still keep ketosis.

BordersGirl said:
It's just the limit I set myself to be honest, it's not S&S's limit. I know that they suggest cutting out the milk and veg to people who are struggling to get into ketosis when they start. Everyone is different, that's all I'm saying. 60g might be too much for some people whilst others I believe can go right up to 100g and still keep ketosis.

Ahh ok, I'm in ketosis now ( haven't tested but breath smells and not hungry ) so will try not to worry and aim for 60g per day as much as possible on the 4 packs. Thanks for your help xx

Oh I like the sound of those meals, my plan was to move to Atkins type diet once at my target weight, but those would make a welcome change. Thanks for the tip !

Congrats on the clothes BG - that's great - and I'm sure you'll get into the ones with the tags on. I have some things I've bought in my end size and I refuse to stop until they fit because I'm too tight to waste the money!

I'm going to pop off and have a look at the meals you mention. I assume that they keep for a while...

Just noticed you can get a £5 money off thing for the meals for referring people so if I decide to order BG I'll let you know so that you can get money off...

just had a look at that site BG , thanks for the tip off

looking at some of the meals carb content ,e.g. chilli 7.8g per pack , call me cynical but how can that be right , when the s and s is around double that

just seems really odd to me , does that not seem really low ?

Well they have a best before date and I should think that it's a few months. Having said that it's only best before, not use by, so they would no doubt keep longer than that. They look handy for a quick meal.

The chilli one does sound really low, especially as the other chilli one with the beef is much higher. Not sure to be honest, although you could in theory make a mainly meat based meal with a low carb sauce with not too many carbs. Most of the other ones I looked at seemed pretty reasonable in terms of carbs (ie around 20g). I think the MRP products have to have carbs / protein etc at a certain level to be classes as a MRP so they couldn't contain 3g of carbs (for example) even if in theory they could. I'm not clued up about this stuff at all so will defer to someone with Atkins / low carb knowledge.

Just catching up BG with diaries. How well you are doing! What a boost for you also that you are fitting your smaller clothes. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks too for tips on the low carb stuff. I will definitely check that out.

Back