BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Well done honey...your doing brilliantly :) keep up the great work x x x

Well I didn't get anymore weight off than what I got earlier in the week so a total of 0.8lbs this week. I refuse to be disheartened by that though as I know that I'm getting there and I for one definitely wouldn't have lost all this weight on SW! Lol. So 1.6lbs to get into the 11s still. Maybe this week :)

Great to catch up with you, BG. I've had some of the Look what we found stuff for my mum in law. It's good quality - and also some are available at Waitrose.

Congrats on your continued progress and clothing success.

Ali

Scales have been a bit frustrating the last 3 days. TOTM hit Thursday and the scales went up 0.4lb to 12st 2.2lbs and that's where they've stayed. Hoping that TOTM will bu**er off soon and I'll get nearer to seeing an 11 on the scales.

That's pesky. It's not suprising the body is slower having shed so much and closer to what is a natural weight for it to be.

Remember you're a role model (to be sung to the tune of Remember your'e a Womble!) if you feel tempted - and harness that fab new figure of yours to play a little this wekend and have fun!

We don't have sun here on the beautiful North Norfolk shore - and I'm a bit blue as we lost the Blond unexpectedly yesterday. He went to join his brother in the doggy Valhalla - he was only 10 years 2 months so I feel we should have more time with him. Anyhow, I've not turned to food for confort so that's good news.

Have a good weekend,

Sorry to hear your news Ali :( and I agree that 10 was too young. Our oldest is 15 now and showing his age but still plodding along.

It's reasonably sunny here so I hope to get out on the beach later.

AliGal said:
That's pesky. It's not suprising the body is slower having shed so much and closer to what is a natural weight for it to be.

Remember you're a role model (to be sung to the tune of Remember your'e a Womble!) if you feel tempted - and harness that fab new figure of yours to play a little this wekend and have fun!

We don't have sun here on the beautiful North Norfolk shore - and I'm a bit blue as we lost the Blond unexpectedly yesterday. He went to join his brother in the doggy Valhalla - he was only 10 years 2 months so I feel we should have more time with him. Anyhow, I've not turned to food for confort so that's good news.

Have a good weekend,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Such a testing time for food when you're grieving. Hugs xxx

Hia BG, thanks for posting on my wall, thought id post my questions on yours just incase you dont see them on mine. Im about 19lbs off goal, how far away from goal are you? Also can you give me ideas of what you have with regards to highering your cals too 800-900cals then more at weekends? Im thinking of getting the next 7-10ibs off being strict with the plan then doing the same as you :) just need some ideas as im scared to death of ever eating carbs, i try and keep it between 50-60gs daily! Ive started back at the gym too were i burn a good 300-500cals :) I have literally 1 evening and 1 full day off plan and realised i wasnt ready as i started eating sweets and reverting back to my old habbits!

Since I've been on 800 calories a day I've tracked everything in MFP that has really helped me contain calories and carbs. During the week I've generally had:

S&S shake at 10am at work
BL or Atkins bar at lunch at work (bigger and higher in calories / carbs than the S&S bars). That's sometimes replaced with a salad with protein at around 200 calories. Longer term I intend to have salads for lunch.
Cucumber for snacks mid morning / mid afternoon
Protein meal with low carb veggies for evening meal (2 eggs, fresh salmon, smoked haddock or chicken generally) and I've just bought a selection of 'Look What We Found' meals (who apparently make meals for Dietchef) that come out around 20g of carbs or so depending on which ones you have and under 300 calories.
BL snack bar to have as a treat in the evening

I've kept it all below 800 calories up until now and only today have I increased the calories to around 900 - 1000. I had S&S porridge for breakfast, 2 scrambled eggs and some chicken slices / cucumber for lunch, 2 x BL snack bars with a skinny latte from my machine (my regular weekend treat - 49 calories, 7g of carbs) and later I plan to have fish and vegetables. I should have about 950 calories today. I can't make the carb total work if I have 3 S&S products so I just have 2 MRPs generally now. I figure that I'm ok with 2 packs though since I've upped the calories. I ensure that I have at least 50g of protein per day but try for nearer 70g if I can.

I have 10lbs to go to my original goal which was really only set as it meant that I would have lost 6 stone in total which seemed like a lot at the time. I might try to go a bit lower than that though and if I can I'd like to lose another 10lbs or so after that. I'm intending to lose that slowly on more of an almost maintenance plan though. Although I'm keeping ketosis at the moment so trying for under 60g of carbs I am planning to low GL longer term. I'm not ready to introduce a stack of carbs yet though. I want to play around with upping the calories and containing the carbs for the time being to see how my losses go, and learning about portion size and to see what my food demons still are. Just because I haven't had to deal with them in the last few months doesn't mean that they've left the building :).

In theory with under 800 during the week and under 1000 at weekends I should lose around 2lbs a week but if it's only 1lb a week I'm ok with that. I would like to get to at least my original goal before moving onto low GL as then I only have to worry about maintaining (or losing a little slowly) rather than losing any significant amount. I know I can lose weight with low carb. I think losing with low GL will be more difficult (for me) but that I should be able to maintain on it. I'm certainly not going to take any 'risks' as I've worked too hard to blow things, but I figure that if I introduce different foods slowly, and up the calories slowly I can take my time to see what works and what doesn't. I'm not ready to go above 1000 yet on any day, although having said all that I'm taking a break over Easter and having exactly what I want as I'm in need of a proper break (and a drink of wine ;)). I know that I'll lose any gain pretty quickly once I get back on track after Easter as I have proved twice before when I took a break.

I'm not planning on going onto anything like SW or WW as I don't think that those plans will work for me particularly. I have a fairly set idea of what my maintenance plan will be. I just need to see whether I can make that work. It's all a bit experimental to be honest but life is like that and I need to play around with different foods to see how to make my choices work in the long term. I see better choices and portion control as really key long term for me, oh and less alcohol :) - I need to view it as a treat rather than just something I did every night of the week.

And if I start to gain I will get back on the packs and lose the weight again before it becomes an issue I hope.

Yeah thats all sounds pretty damn good to me, youve clearly got your head screwed on with what you want and yes you have worked too hard to let things slip. I think you've done brilliant, Im going to aim to lose the 9lbs or 14ibs on Slim and Sabe then the last bit building my calories up like you are doing, its definetly the best way to go forward. I thought i was ready to come off packs but i certainly wasnt i too need a maintenance plan :) thanks for all your info huni been a big help! Im planning to stay around for at least another 5 weeks or more

Dropping the packs all at once definitely wouldn't work for me. I need the convenience and low calories/carbs whilst ensuring proper nutrition of the packs for 2 of my meals whilst I work on introducing different things one meal at a time.

Refeeding / maintenance is definitely the most difficult part of this diet but I've had many months to think about what I'm going to do about it and am just starting to put things into practice now.

So today I've been thinking about my target weight. I only set it at 160lbs because that was exactly 6 stone to lose when I started and also last time I lost weight I was happy at that weight. Now that I'm 9lbs away from that I realise that I'm not going to be happy with my body in only 9lbs. Also my target weight leaves me still overweight in the BMI sense so I have decided to try for BMI 25 which just gets me into the healthy range. So as of today my target weight is 150lbs and I've updated my tickers etc accordingly. It will take me a bit longer but to hell with that :)

BordersGirl said:
So today I've been thinking about my target weight. I only set it at 160lbs because that was exactly 6 stone to lose when I started and also last time I lost weight I was happy at that weight. Now that I'm 9lbs away from that I realise that I'm not going to be happy with my body in only 9lbs. Also my target weight leaves me still overweight in the BMI sense so I have decided to try for BMI 25 which just gets me into the healthy range. So as of today my target weight is 150lbs and I've updated my tickers etc accordingly. It will take me a bit longer but to hell with that :)

I have a fair amount to lose and have set a higher BMI target, I think the close you get to that goal it then becomes more achievable to realise you can achieve more. I've never been slim so think its hard to realise I could achieve normality if that makes sense.
I think you have done incredibly and totally understand changing your goal now, good luck :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I think it's natural to reset your goal as you get close and you have more information about what your body will be like. On talking to LL returners not getting to a low enough goal was the second most commonly stated reason for the problems they had maintaining. (The first was not re-feeding properly.). I think it's important that you are happy with where you choose to stop. No idea what weight I want to stop at but I want to be a comfortable size 10 (12 in shops with small sizes!).

What is mpf?

MysticMagic...mfp is MyFitnessPal ...its an app where you can log all your cals and exercise for the day and it will show you how many cals you have used/eaten/left for the day. You add your weight and it works everything out for you ...it also has slim & save products on it so you don't have to worry about cal counting it does it for you :) x x x

BG skim read your diary (been on Minis practically all afternoon!) and another one who is so inspirational! It's odd how I have a smaller amount to lose and one would think it would be easier to stick to any plan to lose that. Yet when I read diaries of people who have had a bigger amount to lose it is those who are so successful. I love your planned approach to the last bit of weight. I have not doubt you will achieve that in the next few weeks!

Back