Bored of same foods!!

aimzleytuk

I have been doing slimming world for 6 weeks now and have lost 9.5 lbs which I am overjoyed with!!
At the moment I'm finding that I tend to be eating the same things every week cuz I know it works and i have managed to get into a bit of a comfort zone with it!!
Anyone else do this and how did u get motivated to try different things and break a routine?? Hope this makes sense!!

Hugs
Aims xxx

I think most of the regulars on here know what I'm going to say even before I say it!! You need (altogether now!)

A SLIMMING WORLD DAY!!!

Ok, maybe not the whole day, but if you can get an hour or so to yourself, get out all your SW stuff - leaflets from meetings, magazines, any low-fat recipe books, any SW recipe books, switch your laptop on, log onto SW site etc and ---

Sit down, with a notebook, and write down all the different food ideas that you like now and that you'd like to try in the future. Go through your SW directory with a highlighter pen, highlight everything you like the sound of and not just from the main supermarket that you shop in - think about your weekly routine; do you work in town, do you visit town once a week, do you visit someone who has a different supermarket/shop near them. Don't limit yourself just to Tesco's or wherever you usually shop - there's nothing to stop you getting a few meals in M&S on a trip to town, or wherever and whatever. Open your mind to new ideas, this needn't be as boring as what you are finding now, not with a little bit of imagination. If you really want to do this, you'll find a way

Also have a look in your cupboards and freezer and think about new combinations, and easy meals - one of my favourite easy dinners is beans on toast with a poached egg and cheese on top - how yummy does that sound??!

Once you have got your list of meals that you like, write out a menu for the week, then a shopping list. The key to SW is just taking that little bit of extra time to really plan for yourself, you've been rewarded by a good loss so far, invest just a little bit of time and effort and you'll be further rewarded - don't allow habits and tradition regarding shopping and what you think you like to rob you of the chance to be the person that you want to be.

You know you can do this, all it takes is a spare hour which will be more than worth it. And if you think you can't cook, try, I did, and surprised myself and my OH.

Speech over!

Thank you so much for ur ideas!! Will def get highlighting!! I also have a 5 month old lil boy too so time can be a huge thing!! So preparation of meals can be very difficult!!
Will get highlighting tho and checking on here for recipes!!
Thank you again
Aims xxx

Back