Boredom eater....

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
....my nails have never looked so good!

It's taken me quite some time to realise that I am an emotional eater, in respect that I eat when I'm 'bored'! So, to crack this habit I've started painting my nails when the urge to hit the fridge unnecessarily hits me!

I also notice it at work, sat at my desk, when things go quiet I need something to do, so I reach for the food - don't get me wrong it's normally free or an Alpen Light etc. but it is still a habit, and one that can be broken - at work I drink a pint of water or put cuticle oil on my nails - I may work in PR but actually painting my nails at my desk may just be going a bit too far....

So what habits do you have that could be broken? xxx

Im very similar to you - normally pre SW if there was nothing on tv etc i would go get a packet of crisps or bar of chocolate even though i didnt really want them!
I too now have excellent nails!!! :8855:

OMG, I am such a boredom eater! And I'm bored most of the time so that doesn't help much, haha. I actually prefer it when I am at work because all I can eat is what I bring in with me, whereas when I'm at home I just rummage around in the cupboard for anything. Painting your nails sounds like a good distraction, I think I need to find something like that too. :)

very ashamed to say this but i once organised all my nail polishes (about 30) in a line on my shelf according to colour and then shade and numbered them, then i made a little colour chart to go with them, just to try and avoid eating the chocolate muffins my flatmate left on the table in the kitchen.... :( now THAT is ridiculous! xx

very ashamed to say this but i once organised all my nail polishes (about 30) in a line on my shelf according to colour and then shade and numbered them, then i made a little colour chart to go with them, just to try and avoid eating the chocolate muffins my flatmate left on the table in the kitchen.... :( now THAT is ridiculous! xx

All mine are in the top of our fridge - keeps them longer and they don't go all gloopy - OH thinks eventually I'll need my own nail varnish fridge! xx

Im sporting a rather lovely baby pink at the mo! Fingers and toes

I am a boredom eater as well, if i get bored, i think right, lets go see whats in the cupboard

Im a Stay at home mum - well little boy is at school now, so im looking for work even tho i work at weekends i want something else, i know that will keep myhands out of the cupboard because last christmas i did a seasonal job at toys r us, and i lost a few pounds because i was so busy there i never ate lol

I usually eat loads when neighbours and home and away is on - so ive decided this is dedicated ironing time, then straight after home and away is done - its time for the school run so theres another hour gone lol

At night times i go to the gym - and then when i get back from the gym i shower and usually have a drink and go straight to bed, i think its actually lethal for me to stay up

Im hoping i can break these bad habits of mine! xx

I do a step class on the Wii for half an hour while I watch Corrie or Eastenders, as soaps are my nightmare eating time, I also cook my tea before hand (or have hubby cook it) so it's ready for when the soaps are on and then I'm eating the right kind of stuff instead of choc/crisps. Especially on a monday when soaps are on from 7pm til 9pm! I'll start off on the wii, then have tea and it really helps me not want to pig out. During the day I'm not so bad because I have swimming every morning from 7.30 til 9am, and then I have 3 kids aged 5 and under to look after until lunch time when they go to nursery. then I do the housework when they are at nursery, then go pick them up, and then I'm making tea for them, then bath and bed. So evenings are when I need the distraction.

I am a boredom eater, but now reading more to distract my mind and leaving a shower and things to do when I know at a certain time of the day I want to munch :D

Minimins is a great distraction I find!

I've stopped eating the junk in the house so I'm sure everyone has noticed the food lasts much longer! Before, I would have late nights infront of the TV with a mug of hot choc and a few biscuits, then maybe run to the kitchen for nutella on toast during the break, top up with some more milk, and then go to bed feeling guilty. Now, I do free jogging on the Wii Fit at night, so don't have time to eat or drink anything! After that, I'm too tired to work out what I could eat with the syns I have left, so I trudge on upstairs and hit minimins :D maybe grabbing an Alpen Light bar on the way up.

Thanks for this thread Devon_Dumpling, it has made me realise that I have not only lost 8lbs to date, I have also lost a lifelong bad habit! xxx

Ooh I'm a stress eater, comfort eater or whatever it's called! Eat to make myself feel better, stuff down the emotions or else treat myself into feeling better. Doesn't work for long!!!
Just looking at my poor nails, it's time they got a bit more attention!

Back