Bostik's Finally Doing It :)

Nice one, I'm sure I look proper mental in the shops reading every packet, lol!!! x

Lol I'm the same!! An yet I still insist on picking up the chicken and bacon deepfill ones hoping they will somehow magically be low enough to have this time :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha, I was just shocked that the cheese ones are mostly the worst!

Saw a personal trainer today. Done half an hour of strength stuff. Squats, lunges, something where I was on my knees leaning forward, another lying down with my arms in the air (that one nearly killed me!). Never worked so hard in my life! Gonna try and do that stuff once a week and cardio twice a week :)

Oh yeah, and had a peek at the scales two days early (normally weigh on Friday). I'm down 2lbs so I've lost a stone! :D

Wahoo!!! YAY YOU!!! x

Thanks guys :) I noticed that when I get the feeling that I want to have something to eat at night, I come on this site and My Fitness Pal and read stuff on here and soon I forget that I wanted to eat anything haha. Works so far!

Well done, that's brill, I love Minimins and mfp too but I still could munch stuff while sat on computer, that's what I've got to train myself not to do, I love snacking!!!.x

Haha, that's why I don't watch telly to distract me. The crisps and things are downstairs with the telly. Just have to reach over and grab something. I'm upstairs when I'm on the internet so don't bother getting up and going downstairs for it!

Had a quorn spaghetti and meatballs ready meal for lunch. Was quite flavourless. Could only get half down me. Won't be getting that again.

On another note, I am aching all over from the strength training at the gym yesterday. Ugh. But I am gonna get a session a week with the personal trainer for a month to learn some more stuff cos I am totally clueless when it comes to that. If it hurts this much, it must be good haha.

Hi Bostik,
well done on shifting the 2lbs and on getting a PT session once a week. When I went to the gym I was completley clueless about the body and how it deals with exercise and losing weight. I decided, like you to get a few PT sessions and I learned so much. I hope you find it as valueble as I did. :D

PT sessions always kill the next day lol they poke you to go that one extra rep, one extra minute.......and I've loved all of mine as much as i've hated the skinny toned sadistic devils lol

Haha I know! I am in soooo much pain today. My friend was on the phone and he was making me laugh as usual and I had to tell him to stop cos it hurt to even laugh! And it takes a lot of effort to get up if I am lying down! My trainer seems like he'll push me which is what I need I think. But yesterdays session was only half an hour, from now it is gonna be an hour so I may not make it home one day lol. I definitely need it though. I dont have a clue when it comes to strength training and from what I've been reading it is just as important as cardio.

Bostik said:
Haha I know! I am in soooo much pain today. My friend was on the phone and he was making me laugh as usual and I had to tell him to stop cos it hurt to even laugh! And it takes a lot of effort to get up if I am lying down! My trainer seems like he'll push me which is what I need I think. But yesterdays session was only half an hour, from now it is gonna be an hour so I may not make it home one day lol. I definitely need it though. I dont have a clue when it comes to strength training and from what I've been reading it is just as important as cardio.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the gym :) being as I despise going lol and avoid it wherever possible but the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn or something !! And just running on a treadmill won't tighten up the wobbly bits haha so don't avoid it like lazy old me :)

Basically muscle is good... work hard to build it... get your PT to explain the science bit, lol!!!

I hate PT's... I'm stubborn and hate being told what to do so I rebel against them... spot the elderly teenager, lol!!! x

I found it oddly like I have to do it cos he is telling me to haha. And he waits till I've actually done it even though I'm feeling like I'm dying. And he's standing there like you've got 3 more to do. Haha. Hoping he keeps me motivated!

At my gym (when I used to go, lol) they gave you a little questionnaire to fill in and depending on your answers you were given a PT to suit your personality. I had a women called Lindsey who was fantastic, and knew just how far to push me and how sensitive I was about my weight. I have seen the more severe looking ones barking orders I really don't think I would respond well to that, but it clearly works for some people.
I really think this will be fab for you Bostik. Keep us posted :D

Haha it's okay :) With this one there was a free training session and I was given any one. And I just ended up sticking with him obviously. But I think the way your gym does it is a lot better. Makes more sense because we obviously don't know what they are like properly until we've already paid the money!

Just been to the gym. Nearly didn't go cos my stomach and legs still ache (arms are more or less okay now). Glad I did now though cos it hurts less I think :) Put my weight in the machines this time. I've been burning more calories than I thought! Also spent ten minutes on the cross trainer. Getting used to it now :)

Oh and weighed in today on the proper day - 2lbs lost! That's 1 stone off! :D

You're doing fantastic, well done you!!

Wahoo, awesome weigh in Bostik, yay you!!! x

Back