Bostik's Finally Doing It :)

Just been to the gym. Had to practically drag myself there today. And had to keep stopping myself finishing early with it too once I had got there! Managed it in the end :) Peeked and weighed myself and have lost a pound since Friday :) I am so glad I don't use the scale at home to weigh myself otherwise I would be checking every day! I want it to be only once a week, but seems like it is every time I go to the gym that I get on them (3 times a week)!

Well done for dragging yourself to the gym :) it's really hard to get going some days lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys :)

Today seems like it is gonna be a difficult day. I woke up at like half 6 randomly. Felt starving. Couldn't get back to sleep. So had some soup and toast. About an hour ago I felt starving again. Not even just hungry. Like really really really hungry. So I had some cous cous. But it feels like I haven't eaten anything at all. Might have a weight watchers soup if the feeling doesn't stop. But it is very annoying!

Big glass of water might help? I read somewhere that we often confuse hunger for thirst? Hmmmm I may try following my own advice here!!!! Lol

I tried that. I'm always drinking water anyway. It's stopped now though :) Had half a tin of weight watchers soup (didn't really like it), and then I was alright. I was just panicking I think cos I haven't had it like this bad before and I thought I really don't wanna give in and pig out all day and go over my cals for the first time.

The first time going over is a bit horrible :( I just fell off in my usual haphazard spectacular style lol tho I'd say try and make it a planned treat :) it'll feel less shameful haha

Being hungry is rubbish too :( think everyone just has the odd day like that I think!!

Thanks hun :) Yeah, I just think it was panicking a bit.

I just watched Embarrassing Fat Bodies and I am quite shocked. People who lost loads of weight on it had all this excess skin which they need surgery to remove and stuff. And they needed to get their breasts done too. I am now very worried about that. I am not very good with surgery and things :(

Well I've lost a fair bit at various stages and there's a bit of saggage but it's not been awfull. If you have a gastric band or follow an extreme plan the weight drops off that fast you don't suck back in very well!! Slow and steady with plenty of toning has a much lower risk of that happening.
I guess it depends on your age, start weight, natural skin elasticity etc. I've never worried bout my boobs as only hubby see's them 'unrestrained' And frankly if you pay enough for your bra's they'll look great in public!!!
So don't worry bout surgery :) you probably won't need it and there's things you can do to help prevent it! Like making sure you regularly exfoliate, moisturise, drink lots of water, and don't neglect your strength or toning work!!

Thanks, I was really worried! Yeah, they did seem to be people who lost it extremely quick thinking about it now. Wow, I would much rather lose the weight this way than have to go through a gastric band or whatever and then more surgery to sort all that out! The thought just scares me!

I know what you mean, that poor bloke that had lost 20 stone and had all that excess skin, to think he's gone through the hard work of losing it and to be left as embarrassed about your body as he was at his biggest is horrible bless him, I've got quite a big stomach that hangs a bit since having my son, I know it's cause I'm fat but I hope my skin doesn't look like that once I've lost the weight, I'm deffo rubbing some cream in and sit-ups every day now.xx

Yeah, bless him. And it wasn't just that it was excess skin. His made him sweat constantly too. Musta been awful.

In uni today for some talks at a conference type thing and lunch and refreshments are provided. Hope it isn't all unhealthy food!

I am so glad you brought this up Bostik. The excess sagging skin thing is probably my BIGGEST fear. I am petrified it will happen to me because I am so big. I haven't watched this weeks episode yet, but last week on embarrasing bodies was a women who had lost what looked like a small family, and when she took her clothes off I was nearly sick. She even said that she was happier with her body when it was fat, than now it is thin and saggy.
I so desperatley want to feel happy in my own skin, but if that happens I certainly won't. Scary stuff

I remember that woman squeezy it's so scary isn't it? My mate had a tummy tuck after losing 6 stone on cd and says it's the best thing she ever did!

Yeah, I saw it last week too. She was so much happier when it was all off. Bless.

Ugh today has been stupid. I did alright at the conference things lunch. Had what looked like the healthiest thing there and no chocolate cake for dessert. And also stayed away from the refreshments they kept having between each talk! And then I got home thinking I'll have a light dinner and mum had brought me a Subway and I ended up eating it after some thinking about it a lot! Now I have hardly any calories left and I know I will want something later cos I never eat dinner this early. Dunno why I didn't just save the sandwich. Just a bit annoyed with myself. I should stay within my calories though if I try real hard.

I booked an appointment with the doctor today too cos I've been reading you should see your doctor before starting diets and gym and stuff. So thought just in case!

Well done for avoiding temptations. To be honest after having that in front of me all day it would have made me wolf down the subway the minute I walked through the door.

I think it is very sensible of you to go and see the doctor, but Im sure once they see how sensible and healthy you are being with your food choices and exercise, they will give you the all clear and say you are doing the right thing.

Let us know how it goes. When is the appointment? xx

Yeah. I also wanted to ask about what weight I should be aiming for. I've put down 140lbs just after reading so many different things. But I don't actually know because I have never been thin so I can't compare. And like the BMI range for healthy is quite big and I dunno what I am meant to be aiming for really! The appointment is on Tuesday :)

Mum has cooked spaghetti and mince. I am gonna spend the rest of the evening avoiding it!

bloomin mothers and their tasty food. Stay away Bostik, stay away!! :)

Back