Bostik's Finally Doing It :)

I'm seriously impressed, I wouldn't be able to do it! Go Bostik!

Caroline, you so would! Trust me, thinking back to when I started, I had no hope of getting past day 1!

Weighed in. 2.2lbs off this week! Lost over 4 and a half stones now! :D So happy :D My body obviously likes the running!

Also I usually wear dresses. And to go to the gym, I normally wear a dress from home and change when I get to the gym. Now my normal clothes are getting big for me again. So you can't really see the weightloss as much. Last night I wore my gym stuff from home and my gran saw me in like more fitted clothes for the first time. She was in shock! She's like you don't even have a tummy anymore! And your bum doesn't stick out! Oh my god! Haha. She obviously hasn't seen underneath :p but I'm glad it doesn't show as much in clothes!

Seriously impressed with the C25K work, you are doing so well. Congrats on the loss, I'm so pleased your Gran noticed your new body shape, now if only you could start believing how fab you look!!! :)

I'm hoping starting kettlebells will help with that. I am noticing some stuff :)

You're doing absolutely fan-bloody-tastic, well done! Four and a half stone is going to have brought about huge changes, whether you notice them or not. You should be very proud of yourself.

Totally agree with Caroline!

You are an inspiration Bostik! You are doing fantastic! :)

I looked at my arms in the mirror today. Like lifted them up and properly looked at them. They're actually not that big anymore if it wasn't for all that is hanging underneath them! Was a weird realisation! I suppose coming down from 22 stones so fast is gonna bring these sorts of issues, especially since I have been big for all of my life. But I think if more strength training doesn't work, might have to end up with surgery on my arms. Thighs too. Massive amount hangs down now under it.

The extra hangy bits are an issue for lots of ppl. :( I trawled the net looking for info back when I was virtually at goal and the most sensible advice I found was just to get to your goal........then wait patiently for at least 12 months to see what happens. Anything that doesn't go back by then isn't going back ever apparently.

Im lucky in that my arms and thighs never got too bad but my tummy and my boobs are quite bad. God bless wonderbra!! There was one dude who claimed he'd solved the issue of excess skin after weight loss by reducing his bodyfat down very low? But it seemed really really hard work lol and the results were a bit toooooooooo suspiciously dramatic!! I smelled Photoshop........

Reducing your bodyfat very low does give you a more toned appearance but it doesn't really help with excess skin because that's basically skin that's stretched and now isn't being filled but hasn't been able to stretch back. I heard that you should give it a year as well. I'm hoping that because the weight has come off fairly slowly for me, it won't be too much of an issue. I know I lost 2 stone on the Cambridge Diet fairly quickly before and I had a little sag but only a small bit and I don't have any now, so hoping to avoid it!

Yeah. With mine its so bad. It's like with sleeveless stuff I'm a whole dress size smaller than clothes with sleeves! Will give it time though. Certainly not at goal yet

I have 23% body fat (which for my age is on the lower side of the healthy scale) and Caroline is right, the parts of me where I don't have loose skin looks ok and toned but my tummy, legs and arms have a bit of loose skin, not loads and you can't tell at all when I'm in clothes but it is there still.

I just tell myslef that it's better being loose and empty than being full of fat.

My old Lighterlife counsellor has surgery to get rid of her loose skin and advised to only do it if you are really so so down and depressed about it as puts your life on hold for a few weeks and also hurts so so bad.

I wont ever have surgery for vanity reasons as I don't personally think all the pros outweigh the cons for me as I am not down about my slightly loose skin.

I've always said I wouldn't have it. But recently I have been thinking about it. I have always been fat. There's photos of me since I was like 3, already fat. And it's like I'm gonna not always be the fat one anymore. And not gonna be the one everyone looks at like wow how did she do that to herself. But I still won't be happy with myself. Like I can see my tummy and butt has gone down so much but my arms and legs just stay massive. I think I just wanna feel good about my body for once you know? Dunno it's just a thought right now. Surgery is a very last resort. I still cry about blood tests lol.

Lol me too! Had to have my first one for yrs last weeks and was horrified they took half a GALLON!!! It's was like vial after vial and ..... This is the vile bit...... I could actually hear it 'squirting' into the vials :( eeeewwwwww!!!!

Hahaha gross!

Recently I have been having my cals at 1400 on days I exercise and 1200 on days I don't. Seeing as I am upping my exercise to pretty much everyday, I think I am gonna try and get between 1300-1400 every day. See how that works out for me.

New exercise plan which I better stick to!
Monday - C25K
Tuesday - Kettleworx
Wednesday - C25K
Thurday - Kettleworx
Friday - C25k
Saturday - Training
Sunday - Kettleworx

Gonna give it a go. It's not like I am working yet or anything so have a lot of other stuff to tire me out!

Done week 6 day 2 of c25k tonight. Wow I really struggled through that. I always do on day 2 of each week for some reason. Monday is a 25 minute run non stop. Bit worried...but I CAN do it :)

You'll be fine Bosik. I think the hardest run of the program is the 20 min run and you coped well with that. Won't be long before you finish the program. What are your thoughts after that?
Looks a good plan by the way :)

Do you think that you should maybe give yourself a rest day each week so that you don't burn out?

Shaz - I dunno yet. I think for a while I'll stick to doing 30 min runs 3 times a week. But then if it starts getting too easy, and I feel like doing it, might give B210K a go. Not sure though, cos I don't think I am that huge a fan of running lol, the thing that mostly gets me through it is that I am actually doing it haha. I find it a bit boring just running for 20 minutes to be honest!

Caroline - I was gonna but don't have enough days in the week lol. Instead what I've done is my training on saturday is at 10.30am. And my Kettleworx on Sunday will only be done in the evening, most likely after midnight. So there is a huge gap there. Gonna see how it goes this week and then decide for sure. All of these are only like 30mins each so it's not too bad either :)

Back